• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

PZ

Smash Lord
That lag... I don't even understand why its there but good games anyway DKS. Wait what that actually happen? lol Hm did brawl freeze or did it literally just die on you?

PZ

Smash Lord
im down to play still
Good games! I am starting to understand that I can't understand your marth. O and the connection was better this time. My goodness trying to think as fox on wifi is so hard. At any moment I was thinking dash usmash, b reverse laser, or nothing would happen. I was so scared to side b the entire time and I didn't want to wifi fox so for the most part nothing happened.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i don't like that match up at all :p
but im sad that my marth is probably better then my main on wifi

Last edited:

Sassafrassa

Smash Rookie
Good games sassa. I enjoyed the jigglypuff vs Pokemon trainer match ups a lot. :) and that down air into rest combo was mind blowing.
Thanks! Jigglypuff is a character I recently picked up. The lag was a bit annoying tho. Messed a few of my combos. Anyways, GG. (And who was that SLOWY guy that joined? Was he one of your friends looking for a rotation or something?)

Also, I am looking for another brawl. Gotta keep up the training...

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Thanks! Jigglypuff is a character I recently picked up. The lag was a bit annoying tho. Messed a few of my combos. Anyways, GG. (And who was that SLOWY guy that joined? Was he one of your friends looking for a rotation or something?)

Also, I am looking for another brawl. Gotta keep up the training...
Ah I see,your jigglypuff is not too shabby. I know,the lag threw me off too,but I adjusted somehow XD

Slowly is just another person on my friend list who isn't a member of smashboards.he's not competitive so there weren't gonna be any rotations or anything.

Sure,just say the word :) but not right now

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
hosting :)
and I fought someone yesterday and we played a stage and it was the training stage but we fought on it if it was a hack someone plz tell where you got it from
good games gombuk

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you're still there, I can play, sure. Need to practice for a wifi tourney today anyway.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
If you're still there, I can play, sure. Need to practice for a wifi tourney today anyway.
Ok, sweet. I'm logging in now.

Edit: Dang, dude! You don't play around at all. Your Ganondorf and Ivy are really something else.

And then you tried to beat me with my own main but I wasn't having any of that, haha! That match was so freaking intense!! xD

Very good games btw! You are my strongest opponent yet. I had a blast :-)

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Gombu, not interested in continuing with that input delay. Had the worst time punishing stuff, even against Ike.

Don't SDR/SDC from across the stage, and don't run up and dash attack almost ever. It's super predictable and will usually just leave you in a bad position if it gets shielded. Use your tilts more often, especially d-tilt. The tip of his foot has a chance of tripping at low percents, which could give you am open grab or an aerial SDC punish. Use more f-air, b-air, and u-air punishes along the ground. And use your run more often; you used too many roll dodges and they got taken advantage of pretty early on.

Last edited:

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Good games Gombu, not interested in continuing with that input delay. Had the worst time punishing stuff, even against Ike.

Don't SDR/SDC from across the stage, and don't run up and dash attack almost ever. It's super predictable and will usually just leave you in a bad position if it gets shielded. Use your tilts more often, especially d-tilt. The tip of his foot has a chance of tripping at low percents, which could give you am open grab or an aerial SDC punish. Use more f-air, b-air, and u-air punishes along the ground. And use your run more often; you used too many roll dodges and they got taken advantage of pretty early on.
Yeah, I agree about the delay.

Ok, thanks for the tips! I'm going to take this into consideration. It's kinda hard for me to do tilt attacks and punishes along the ground since I currently play with a Wii-mote and tap jump makes it harder for me to pull those moves off. Or do you also use tap jump when you play with Sonic?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wiimote as in sidemote? Or do you play with a nunchuck? I do you tap jump, but I play with GCC. I don't know about sidemote, but it should be pretty easy to do short-hop approaches with Wiichuck, depending on how you have your controls set up.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Wiimote as in sidemote? Or do you play with a nunchuck? I do you tap jump, but I play with GCC. I don't know about sidemote, but it should be pretty easy to do short-hop approaches with Wiichuck, depending on how you have your controls set up.
Yeah, I do use a nunchuck. It took some time getting used to it but the set up I have now is the most effective. When I used the GCC I always had the tap jump turned off though which made it more effective for me gameplay wise when it came to the tilts and short jumps. So that's just what I'm used to I guess.

I'm going to invest in a new controller when the wii-u version comes out though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom