• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Snake is OP? .-.

Yes, unfortunately Snake appears to destroy Ice Climbers. But then... pocket DDD perhaps? Worth a shot. ;P

Dang it guys, y'all (lol...) are good with your low/mid tiers while I'm sitting here with my Snake/MK/ICs. I suppose I'd be the biggest jerk here if I played Olimar, because that character can go die in a fire...

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Deadjames if you need an MK to practice with (I'm sure your tournament will be full of them) I'm your guy. But it will have to wait until tomorrow and I promised a few other people I'd play them too so you might have to wait for your turn.

Though if you want me to use someone other than MK let me know as well.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Wait, Snake is OP? .-.

Yes, unfortunately Snake appears to destroy Ice Climbers. But then... pocket DDD perhaps? Worth a shot. ;P

Dang it guys, y'all (lol...) are good with your low/mid tiers while I'm sitting here with my Snake/MK/ICs. I suppose I'd be the biggest jerk here if I played Olimar, because that character can go die in a fire...
I play pretty much all the high tiers except for ICs and Olimar, but Luigi is and forever will be my main.

@Zork: I'm actually pretty comfortable with the MK vs Luigi MU, but I wouldn't mind more practice. Imo it's not that bad for Luigi the only things he really needs to worry about are getting gimped offstage, or getting caught above MK.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Wait, Snake is OP? .-.

Hey! I started using Olimar again recently lol. I like the little guy, but yeah he can be a bit of a jerk though.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Wait, Snake is OP? .-.

Meh. Snake is dumb, but not necessarily OP :p. Olimar is just...yea i dont like Olimar ;L

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I started using Olimar again recently lol. I like the little guy, but yeah he can be a bit of a jerk though.
LOL, sorry. No offense intended, but the amount of salt generated whenever I play that character is simply immeasurable, even when I win. How do you even approach that thing? Oh wait, you don't unless you want to get (pivot) grabbed. But you have to, because Pikmin Throw. Also, Purple U-smash. that is all that needs to be said. So what do you do? lolOlimardittosftw

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Meh. Snake is dumb, but not necessarily OP :p. Olimar is just...yea i dont like Olimar ;L

I prefer fighting Olimar to Snake though lol. It like the whole field booby trapped or something lol.

It takes forever to kill him as well. Hardest character for me to fight against other then may'be MK.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
A Luigi comfortable against MK? This I have to see. I have a feeling I'm going to get bodied lol.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
LOL, sorry. No offense intended, but the amount of salt generated whenever I play that character is simply immeasurable, even when I win. How do you even approach that thing? Oh wait, you don't unless you want to get (pivot) grabbed. But you have to, because Pikmin Throw. Also, Purple U-smash. that is all that needs to be said. So what do you do? lolOlimardittosftw
Newbie suggestion again (and I haven't played any good Olimars):

Is it not possible to whiff punish everything Olimar does? I guess you would need pretty good reactions (my reaction time is crap). For instance, dash up, walk slightly back (see if he threw out a pivot grab that misses), dash grab? Something like that is what I would try. But what do I know...

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989

No offense was taken lol. To me you gotta kinda pace yourself vs him. Usually at higher levels I played against Olimar I tend to deal with his pikmin first then take an offense. You still got to be smart about it and not even let him get a chance to reset himself. Cut off his options since he's easier to deal with in the air than on the ground.

Having fast reactions is good too lol since you want to avoid him just randomly throwing out grabs or smashes and stuff. Makes counter attacking easier then.

To me the Yellows and Purples are the most dangerous imo. I approach more often when I don't see many of those.

With Peach anyway lol. I have fought some good olimars and even pro ones.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I don't play at AiB very often just because the sense of community is so much better here, and constructive advice is easier to come by
Speaking of aib, I did try to log in earlier today, and it just gave me a message=" whoops we seem to be having technical difficulties" and that was after I tried logging in twice. Must be down, as always.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
No offense was taken lol. To me you gotta kinda pace yourself vs him. Usually at higher levels I played against Olimar I tend to deal with his pikmin first then take an offense. You still got to be smart about it and not even let him get a chance to reset himself. Cut off his options since he's easier to deal with in the air than on the ground.

Having fast reactions is good too lol since you want to avoid him just randomly throwing out grabs or smashes and stuff. Makes counter attacking easier then.

To me the Yellows and Purples are the most dangerous imo. I approach more often when I don't see many of those.

With Peach anyway lol. I have fought some good olimars and even pro ones.
One of the pro olis being soulimar.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
There needs to be more donkey kong users in here.
Out of everyone I played here only one guy used DK.

sometimes I feel like a caged monkey when there are no others like me

:dk::emptysheep:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

I'll pick up DK if ya want :( i'll make sure he's top notch :)

GGs Saimunn, close last match. Though i felt kinda sloppy, epecially after that SD :/

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Sorry, Saimunn, normally, I'd let you join but we're playing Project M.

Zork

Smash Apprentice

I use Donkey Kong. But I don't like using him that much because I never know if I'm winning because I'm outplaying people or winning because I'm getting away with all sorts of gimmicks because no one has much DK experience. Or simply winning because of lag.

But if you want I guess I'll use him if/when I face you. DK mirrors are always hilarious.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I'll pick up DK if ya want :( i'll make sure he's top notch :)

GGs Saimunn, close last match. Though i felt kinda sloppy, epecially after that SD :/
That would put a smile on my face if you truly want to pick him up. I dont want to burden you to using him just cuz I said I want to see more DK's

if you do though, I want to see your DK surpass mine. I'm sure it would because you already got Yoshi down who I find to be required to have spot on techskill:grin:

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
That would put a smile on my face if you truly want to pick him up. I dont want to burden you to using him just cuz I said I want to see more DK's

if you do though, I want to see your DK surpass mine. I'm sure it would because you already got Yoshi down who I find to be required to have spot on techskill:grin:
yeah DK is a great character. he just held back by the chain grabs and meta knight.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

I really did recently think about picking up DK. The big ape is a pretty cool character and pretty fun to use

Top Bottom