• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs I didnt even see it lol, besides taunts dont get to me. Im wasnt even sure what was going on. After the double stitch face KO i was like "Im done". That final match was a complete meltdown. I missed like four dair L cancels, the input lag was gettin to me, and your Ike suddenly got god like(Ive always had trouble with Ike Ive noticed).
Haha yeah that was pretty dirty, you should see this one match I saved against J-slo, I got two stitchfaces in one match. As for Ike I feel like I'm getting more consistent with him, before I would just be complete garbage sometimes and pretty solid other times, he's a surprisingly technical character in P:M compared to Brawl where all you need is jab cancels, good spacing, and good reads. I've still yet to successfully pull of a quick-draw jump-cancelled up-smash with him.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I think they are talking about Project M, not vanilla brawl
Technically even in vBrawl Ike has a DACUS, everyone has one, the timing for the input is just different for everyone and for some of them it's extremely difficult, and also for some characters their DACUS isn't particularly useful because they get more distance from just a regular running up smash.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Technically even in vBrawl Ike has a DACUS, everyone has one, the timing for the input is just different for everyone and for some of them it's extremely difficult, and also for some characters their DACUS isn't particularly useful because they get more distance from just a regular running up smash.
Lol yea I know that. But if it serves no purpose or function then, it's not all that worth mentioning

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Oh...well i find getting beaten somewhat interesting and intriguing. It makes me wonder why is the other person so good, and how to get to that level of skill also
I started having so much more fun with the game when I started taking a similar approach, I take my losses in stride because losing is a learning experience and only serves to help you get better.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Sure most people don't like losing, but it shows your limitations and what needs to be worked on. I lost plenty of times, but I always take something from things like that and know I'll keep trying until I get it right or just do better.

Believe me there have been times where I couldn't get a single game off my opponent, but I don't wanna avoid them I just want to beat them someday lol.

Besides its not about winning or losing its all about having fun.

I do wonder what goes through some the people I play heads. I do enjoy here more since people here to have good sportsmanship.

Allisbrawl not so much sportsmanship for them.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
lol i did pick meta knight sometimes to win but i really didnt feel good about myself using an overpowered character.
Okay Mr. "I want to actually work for my wins" in that case you will have to improve your spacing, execution, footsies, punishes etc. So much easier said than done. Unless you don't mind training at 100X normal gravity D:

Until you play good Ice Climbers offline. ;)
Well since I'm a wifi fraud I will never have to worry about that ^^

If I did meet an offline Ice Climbers I would probably go Diddy Kong or Snake and try to win the war of attrition.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I don't play at AiB very often just because the sense of community is so much better here, and constructive advice is easier to come by

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I do wonder what goes through some the people I play heads. I do enjoy here more since people here to have good sportsmanship.
My head: "Yesssss!!! I'm playing DAS! I'm gunna go only my mains....or maybe just Yoshi. D3 gets wrecked, and my Diddy is still in-training...Bah, I'll go all three."

Generally its pretty fun playin ya

Well since I'm a wifi fraud I will never have to worry about that ^^

If I did meet an offline Ice Climbers I would probably go Diddy Kong or Snake and try to win the war of attrition.
There is no factor of attrition vs ICs. You get grabbed you die.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Sure most people don't like losing, but it shows your limitations and what needs to be worked on. I lost plenty of times, but I always take something from things like that and know I'll keep trying until I get it right or just do better.

Believe me there have been times where I couldn't get a single game off my opponent, but I don't wanna avoid them I just want to beat them someday lol.

Besides its not about winning or losing its all about having fun.

Allisbrawl not so much sportsmanship for them.
Agree with everything in that post. Losing is pretty much motivation to keep going until you get to where you want. In this case, past your opponent's level. ;P

Allisbrawl and sportsmanship? (even speaking in relative terms), Johns everywhere, unhelpful, rage, etc... That was my impression when I played there for a bit. Of course, not bashing that whole community, just the majority, loool.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
XD lolol so true

@DeadJames I've seen top ICs tear snake apart pretty badly on multipe occasionas
Well yeah of course top players are more than capable of overcoming a bad MU, but the general consensus is that Snake potentially does very well against them.

Edit: Anyone wanna Brawl? I suppose I should practice up for this tourney on Saturday, dat P:M tho.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Here is my newbie opinion:

Diddy Kong is way easier to use against Ice Climbers than Snake. Very similar (and imo better) ground game and landing is so much simpler.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
My head: "Yesssss!!! I'm playing DAS! I'm gunna go only my mains....or maybe just Yoshi. D3 gets wrecked, and my Diddy is still in-training...Bah, I'll go all three."

Lol alright then a lot of processing going on there.

Agree with everything in that post. Losing is pretty much motivation to keep going until you get to where you want. In this case, past your opponent's level. ;P

Allisbrawl and sportsmanship? (even speaking in relative terms), Johns everywhere, unhelpful, rage, etc... That was my impression when I played there for a bit. Of course, not bashing that whole community, just the majority, loool.

Pretty much lol. It just seems like plenty of people have egos there lol, and the sad thing is I never heard of most of them that act like that lol. Some actually insult me after matches and before them lol.

There are some cool people there too. Too bad the professionals don't fight people often lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Here is my newbie opinion:

Diddy Kong is way easier to use against Ice Climbers than Snake. Very similar (and imo better) ground game and landing is so much simpler.
I would agree with that, but in both cases the MU isn't particularly good for ICs.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah of course top players are more than capable of overcoming a bad MU, but the general consensus is that Snake potentially does very well against them.

Edit: Anyone wanna Brawl? I suppose I should practice up for this tourney on Saturday, dat P:M tho.
You know imma be lurkin if you(or anyone) wanna play P:M later.

Top Bottom