• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
hey ill be hosting just join when you're ready
Gaaahhh, good games, Joey. xP That last match I felt so salty; I actually meant to do a normal get-up. And I swore that's what I input, but I jumped instead anyway and got obliterated by C4. D: Lol.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Gaaahhh, good games, Joey. xP That last match I felt so salty; I actually meant to do a normal get-up. And I swore that's what I input, but I jumped instead anyway and got obliterated by C4. D: Lol.
haha dude those were all great games. You've gotten much better, especially with Marth.

Anyone else tryin to brawl? Until my gf comes over?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Bacon. Connection got bad, had to start struggling to get stuff out and punish appropriately.

Work on your offensive, I could tell when you were going to go for an aerial approach too often, and you should always space your b-air when you use it. Using it to rush without properly spacing it is just going to result in you getting knocked away and losing control of the situation. Also, don't always go for grounded blaster to start the game. You could short hop forward to have a better chance of hitting your opponent, because if they short hop with you, they'll take the hit when they land. If they don't, it'll be shield damage because unless they're walking forward (as I pretty much always do to start the game, since it's the most reliable thing to do for most characters), they won't have much time to react and powershield it. Also, you'd have a much better chance of landing grab release > d-smash if you do a grab release > regrab beforehand. If they were looking to shield d-smash the first time, it'll just end in them getting grabbed, so they'll likely do something else upon being grab release again. Oh, and use more f-tilt spacing. And don't finish your jab combo if you see me shielding it; cancel the jab into a grab or just retreat a b-air, f-air, or blaster. F-tilt could work too if you suspect your opponent will drop the shield rather than dodge. Try to also learn how to bdacus with Wolf. It's faster and more reliable for killing than normal DACUS. Can also knock the opponent off guard and give you the pressure advantage. F-throw/d-throw > f-smash is also more reliable than either throw > DACUS, incidentally, at lower percents. Nobody expects Wolf to give up on offense after throwing his opponent down or forward at percents like that, and normal DACUS takes too long for it to be a responsible follow-up.

Not bad, though.

I can play if you want, Joey. c:

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Good games Bacon. Connection got bad, had to start struggling to get stuff out and punish appropriately.

Work on your offensive, I could tell when you were going to go for an aerial approach too often, and you should always space your b-air when you use it. Using it to rush without properly spacing it is just going to result in you getting knocked away and losing control of the situation. Also, don't always go for grounded blaster to start the game. You could short hop forward to have a better chance of hitting your opponent, because if they short hop with you, they'll take the hit when they land. If they don't, it'll be shield damage because unless they're walking forward (as I pretty much always do to start the game, since it's the most reliable thing to do for most characters), they won't have much time to react and powershield it. Also, you'd have a much better chance of landing grab release > d-smash if you do a grab release > regrab beforehand. If they were looking to shield d-smash the first time, it'll just end in them getting grabbed, so they'll likely do something else upon being grab release again. Oh, and use more f-tilt spacing. And don't finish your jab combo if you see me shielding it; cancel the jab into a grab or just retreat a b-air, f-air, or blaster. F-tilt could work too if you suspect your opponent will drop the shield rather than dodge. Try to also learn how to bdacus with Wolf. It's faster and more reliable for killing than normal DACUS. Can also knock the opponent off guard and give you the pressure advantage. F-throw/d-throw > f-smash is also more reliable than either throw > DACUS, incidentally, at lower percents. Nobody expects Wolf to give up on offense after throwing his opponent down or forward at percents like that, and normal DACUS takes too long for it to be a responsible follow-up.

Not bad, though.

I can play if you want, Joey. c:
Wow, all this knowledge xD I've never found a good wolf strategy thread, so I've always kinda done my own thing. I'm extremely rusty right now, that was the 2nd set I've played in about 2 months haha. I promise I'm much better with approaches when I'm at my peak :3 But anyways I'll gladly take your advice and slowly implement those into my game :p

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Whats up guys? Just got 3.02! Someone play me while I have all of this energy!!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs IDairYou! You're awesome at this game xD

I can't say I practice many Characters other than Charizard, Peach, and Marth.(I don't play Yoshi in P:M).

I'm aspiring to main Zard. He's everything I wanted him to be in brawl.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
GGs CourageHound! :) Very nice tech chasing with Charizard. Thanks haha, I main Falco/Fox/Ness in P:M. Let me know if you ever wanna play brawl. Also, I love your avi, I have a german sheperd XD

Last edited:

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Someone P:M me?
nvmd. found an opponent

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs CourageHound! :) Very nice tech chasing with Charizard. Thanks haha, I main Falco/Fox/Ness in P:M. Let me know if you ever wanna play brawl. Also, I love your avi, I have a german sheperd XD
Thanks xD

Oh and OMG PK fire on shields?! That's literally the first thing in P:M that made my jaw drop.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll make a room in a sec. Gonna go grab some nachos.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
PK fire is pretty broken, you gotta sidestep it or just avoid it. Also, since its multihit, you can attempt to powershield one of the hits by mashing the shield button.

Last edited:

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Good games Joey. Work on how you escape pressure situations, I was able to capitalize a lot on your rolls and sidesteps.
Word dude. The 2nd Pika and the Fox were two of my housemates, if that makes a difference. Usually pressure makes me roll or dodge, and lag also makes me roll and dodge, so it didnt make for a good combination but oh well. Play ya again soon

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
It's worse given the fact that I'm charizard and am large and take a quadrillion before dying from back-throw if Ness doesn't mess up...

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGs zatchiel, during the first two matches I watched how I played and It seemed like I was feeling off, but as I continued playing I seemed to have gotten the feel for playing a little bit better.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Richard. You used quite a few characters, so I'm not sure what advice to really give. You don't seem to have any habits that warrant general advice. :p

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Good games Richard. You used quite a few characters, so I'm not sure what advice to really give. You don't seem to have any habits that warrant general advice. :p
Well all five mains and one secondary (ness). I try not to carry any habits like I did back in 2012.

@ Zatchiel Zatchiel let's play again soon.:)

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
GG's, I have to go to bed. Seems like Converse was done anyway.

@ deadjames deadjames You might want to be careful about rolling out of situations when you're pressured. I started to notice it in the 2v1 situations when Ganon was "popping" your bubble.

@ Fidooblius Fidooblius Stop suiciding off the ledge with Wizard Foot bro, even if you do get them you're in a REALLY bad spot to recover in. If you DON'T get them then free stock via edgehogging. I thought your Ganon was pretty good but then you kept busting out Wizard Foot in an obvious manner to try and get down to the ground and Deadjames would punish you for it (this was during rotations). Jab to get people off, or just SH fair while going back to get some space.

Overall - I derped hard during the rotations (lag :l). Dubz I screwed up my recovery with quite a few characters, I'm pretty sure I had some of those games in the bag. I didn't really feel outplayed but rather I just screwed up a lot (lag johns ftw).

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well all five mains and one secondary (ness). I try not to carry any habits like I did back in 2012.

@ Zatchiel Zatchiel let's play again soon.:)
Bowser: F-tilt is a pretty godlike punisher in many situations. Make use of it more often, especially against opponents that like to ledgehop. Whirring Fortress is also pretty good for punishing, as well as avoiding punishment, but use it more tentatively, and retreat it if possible, even if just a little. You can fall off platforms with it too, to make it more difficult for the opponent to punish you for it if it gets shielded. I honestly almost never use Bowser's smashes, personally, because there's almost always a better option. Most notably his tilts. They're faster, and more reliable than his smashes for most purposes. The only grabs I find worth using with Bowser are shieldgrab punishes for an enemy's aerial or a pivot grab to punish a roll or airdodge landing. Dash grabs are too laggy and can be seen coming from a mile away. Flying Slam punishes are really effective for punishing landings and enemies that like to shield when they see you incoming. If they dodge it, they get jabbed or fortressed. Do not shield unless you expect an attack as speedy as most jabs.

Ike: Stop f-airing so much. It's an adequate move at best, and pretty much all you resorted to after it hit my shield was jabbing. Use more n-air, b-air, and stand your ground more; keep low to the ground if you're going to use aerials, unless you're chasing. You could use more jab cancels against characters like Ganondorf, and shield dashing is quite good for setting up a grab or jabs.

Falco: More lasers. If you find it boring to pressure your opponent into approaching by these means, Falco is not the character for you. Even Ness and Lucas have to approach, because trying to switch between absorbing them all and keeping Falco at bay is too much to work with. Absorbing what few you allow them to is of little benefit to either of them anyway. When you're in close quarters, use more n-air, b-air, d-air, jabs, u-tilt, f-tilt, and grabs to keep control. Use side b to escape and reset situations if you feel like you're losing control or start taking damage.

I can't exactly remember how you were using the other characters, unfortunately. Curse this sickness. :c And sure, whenever you're around.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Bowser: F-tilt is a pretty godlike punisher in many situations. Make use of it more often, especially against opponents that like to ledgehop. Whirring Fortress is also pretty good for punishing, as well as avoiding punishment, but use it more tentatively, and retreat it if possible, even if just a little. Flying Slam punishes are really effective for punishing landings and enemies that like to shield when they see you incoming. If they dodge it, they get jabbed or fortressed. Do not shield unless you expect an attack as speedy as most jabs.

Ike: Stop f-airing so much. It's an adequate move at best, and pretty much all you resorted to after it hit my shield was jabbing. Use more n-air, b-air, and stand your ground more; keep low to the ground if you're going to use aerials, unless you're chasing. You could use more jab cancels against characters like Ganondorf, and shield dashing is quite good for setting up a grab or jabs.

Falco: More lasers. If you find it boring to pressure your opponent into approaching by these means, Falco is not the character for you. Even Ness and Lucas have to approach, because trying to switch between absorbing them all and keeping Falco at bay is too much to work with. Absorbing what few you allow them to is of little benefit to either of them anyway. When you're in close quarters, use more n-air, b-air, d-air, jabs, u-tilt, f-tilt, and grabs to keep control. Use side b to escape and reset situations if you feel like you're losing control or start taking damage.

I can't exactly remember how you were using the other characters, unfortunately. Curse this sickness. :c And sure, whenever you're around.
I usually use laser when my opponent is far away or when they try to attack close ( usually I fire once) but I don't find it boring, I find it fun. but I don't rely on lasers the whole match, I mix physical attacks with them, but i'll implement more lasers then if you think it's best.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

@ deadjames deadjames You might want to be careful about rolling out of situations when you're pressured. I started to notice it in the 2v1 situations when Ganon was "popping" your bubble.

@ Fidooblius Fidooblius Stop suiciding off the ledge with Wizard Foot bro, even if you do get them you're in a REALLY bad spot to recover in. If you DON'T get them then free stock via edgehogging. I thought your Ganon was pretty good but then you kept busting out Wizard Foot in an obvious manner to try and get down to the ground and Deadjames would punish you for it (this was during rotations). Jab to get people off, or just SH fair while going back to get some space.

Overall - I derped hard during the rotations (lag :l). Dubz I screwed up my recovery with quite a few characters, I'm pretty sure I had some of those games in the bag. I didn't really feel outplayed but rather I just screwed up a lot (lag johns ftw).
Actually most of the situations I was rolling in it was pretty safe, I only rolled a lot as Diddy and it was because I was glide tossing my bananas, I may have rolled a lot with Toon Link as well, but there aren't a lot of options for him because his WD sucks and his nair and up-b OoS are significantly less safe than Link's. For future reference you may want to avoid giving advice to people who don't ask for it, it comes off as quite pretentious. Also, trust me you were getting outplayed. I was reading you pretty hard once I noticed how often you like to CC and hold shield with Mario, and that you were fishing really hard for grabs and usmashes with Pika. You also tried way too hard to gimp me with Jiggs, Toon Link can just air dodge past her and tether.

Last edited:

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184

thanks for the tip. I will work on that.

GG's Deadjames! good to see you again. sorry if I developed any bad habits, other than CPUS ive been fighting the same person for a few weeks...

Anyone else wanna P:M with me??

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
Actually most of the situations I was rolling in it was pretty safe, I only rolled a lot as Diddy and it was because I was glide tossing my bananas. Also, for future reference you may want to avoid giving advice to people who don't ask for it.
he gave me advice and it really helped :D
of course that was when I was bad:\ lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom