• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Well, that's not what I was saying but I'd be down I guess. xD I can't come on so late though, yesterday I stayed up til like 6am. So if you 3 are game and here ealier then sure.

Aww, when I went pitch the first time I could just see the hate as you comboed me and then switched to her. Lol. Just for future reference, don't try to dair on zelda's upsmash, it has really high priority. It can overpower the descent of Yosh's down b too. So in future you could try stalling and space an aerial like Pitch's fair or Yoshle's bair. I'm sure with the correct timing it could work. :D
Your jig was alright! just keep practicing. o:

I think we made a pretty good team when you went Jig. :p
Thank you for teaming with me! But uhm, I'm so sorry about hitting you those times. >< After a while I just really wanted to win so I stopped being as careful. We indeed triumphed though! Also, was it you who turned team attack off? With how I was being I don't blame you, but just leave it on next time. I was wondering how my attacks were so narrowly 'avoiding' you. :p I promise if we ever team again l'll be more delicate with you!

I was so proud of your LKs Moi, yew go gurl. Once you get the hang of it seeing the distance you need is easy.
That slick Mario, he was goddamn immortal. And have you started trainng your Link already? Nooo, I still gotta start on mine. I feel like everyone there in our matches has expanded their range of characters since I last played them, while I'm still here flopping around with my 6. xD
But sorry, I would have liked to 1vs1 but once we all start TPing I find it hard to get into the mood again. We shall have to soon! [Need to cram study this week so...]

So great games everyone, I had fun. :D
Lol. Thanks! I've been using zelda alot on wifi. Still getting the hang of it. :p My Mario is annoying , JUST SAY IT!!! haha But yeah my link is being worked on atm, Im not very good with him ,but sooon...maybe i will.:lick:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Results:
1. BigLou
2. Player-1
3. Scatt
4. LionA
5. Neo X
6. Zatch
7. Player-0
8. Flea
9. aml?!
10. Link Queen
11. Ojama
12. Dreamer

Got 2-0'd by everyone above me but Neo, and 2-0'd everyone below me. It was fun for the most part, but I felt dejected later on because I'd been feeling really tired even during the car ride there. Couldn't force myself to get more than three hours of sleep for the night, and I felt like I played terribly the after my first set or two. Wasn't giving much regard to my spacing or patience and made stupid moves, then shortly after became cognizant of the stupidity. Circumstances made me feel quite pressured to put on a show, too, but I won't let that excuse anything. Lion is too good with Fox, though. Absolutely too good.

I'll be around to play in a bit if anyone wants to.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anybody want to play? I want to practice Sonic and Ganon.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sorry for taking so long, I spilled a huge cup of water in my room. -____- I'll be on in a sec.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Lol. Thanks! I've been using zelda alot on wifi. Still getting the hang of it. :p My Mario is annoying , JUST SAY IT!!! haha But yeah my link is being worked on atm, Im not very good with him ,but sooon...maybe i will.:lick:
Zelda is so much better than Sheik anyway! :D We should try my chic against your zelda someday, and do a ton of practice matches! Idk about you but I literally enjoy putting the time to infinite and playing. xD Though I think I read somewhere that Z generally has the upper hand or something, but I guess I can at least try gimping her or something. o.o Also, chain snare! I haven't seen it in forever lol.
Why should it annoy me if you're good with playing him? :p Out of envy for your slick Mario, wishing my Mario was as slick? How did you guess my upmost secret desire. My life is over That would be silly.
Cool, I guess I'll need to try trainng mine soon too. I just can't deal with his heaviness though. At least you're used to simon/ganondork's weight so, yeah.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Results:
1. BigLou
2. Player-1
3. Scatt
4. LionA
5. Neo X
6. Zatch
7. Player-0
8. Flea
9. aml?!
10. Link Queen
11. Ojama
12. Dreamer

Got 2-0'd by everyone above me but Neo, and 2-0'd everyone below me. It was fun for the most part, but I felt dejected later on because I'd been feeling really tired even during the car ride there. Couldn't force myself to get more than three hours of sleep for the night, and I felt like I played terribly the after my first set or two. Wasn't giving much regard to my spacing or patience and made stupid moves, then shortly after became cognizant of the stupidity. Circumstances made me feel quite pressured to put on a show, too, but I won't let that excuse anything. Lion is too good with Fox, though. Absolutely too good.

I'll be around to play in a bit if anyone wants to.
Is that player-0 the same player-0 from this board who has a pikachu as her profile pic?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Dan. Try to use more floats along the ground with your aerials, particularly down air, as the aerials are a lot more reliable than when you do them out of a jump/from above. Keep working on your glide tosses, and make use of jab > grab. I liked how you switched up your methods of escaping the choke chases, but you recover from the ledge predictably, pretty often. It's somewhat safe to ledgehop an f-air against Ganon and throw out a jab if he shields it, but just switch up your options of ledge recovery more.

Is that player-0 the same player-0 from this board who has a pikachu as her profile pic?
Nope, it's Hichez, from what I can remember. He's a really good Lucario main.

D

Deleted member

Good games Dan. Try to use more floats along the ground with your aerials, particularly down air, as the aerials are a lot more reliable than when you do them out of a jump/from above. Keep working on your glide tosses, and make use of jab > grab. I liked how you switched up your methods of escaping the choke chases, but you recover from the ledge predictably, pretty often. It's somewhat safe to ledgehop an f-air against Ganon and throw out a jab if he shields it, but just switch up your options of ledge recovery more.

Nope, it's Hichez, from what I can remember. He's a really good Lucario main.
Thanks for the advice :p Great games Zatch :) Did you like my amazing Jigglypuff skills? ^-^ lol both Ganon and Sonic were so strong that I almost raged xD lol fun matches :p I hope we can play soon :p

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play.

Added you, and it says you're playing someone else.

Doesn't look like he wants to play. Anyone else around?

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games AirJay! The only advice I have for you in general is don't rush the kill. I know very well on wifi punishing yoshi or falco's smashes is very stupid but that isn't a excuse to spam them. I don't think you did that bad during our matches. I think I just have a bit more experience lol. You got this though!

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Good games AirJay! The only advice I have for you in general is don't rush the kill. I know very well on wifi punishing yoshi or falco's smashes is very stupid but that isn't a excuse to spam them. I don't think you did that bad during our matches. I think I just have a bit more experience lol. You got this though!
Yeah i know i have a problem with getting kills i always rush them especially when both of us are at high percents and one match i lost all focus when i got the egglay to fair spike :b but good games it was a lot of fun :) when did you start using yoshi?

PZ

Smash Lord
Yeah i know i have a problem with getting kills i always rush them especially when both of us are at high percents and one match i lost all focus when i got the egglay to fair spike :b but good games it was a lot of fun :) when did you start using yoshi?
Your fair spikes are a thing to reckoned with lol. Oh yeah when your using yoshi and we are both at high percents, you seem to be afraid to continue fighting (you dodge or throw out less attacks). I can see why you would want to play it safer when your in kill percents but normally being that close to death shouldn't hold you back from your eggcellent gameplay. Hmm...I guess I started using yoshi via wiimote 08-early 09 than gamecube 09-12 then literally just now via wiimote+nunchuck...

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Your fair spikes are a thing to reckoned with lol. Oh yeah when your using yoshi and we are both at high percents, you seem to be afraid to continue fighting (you dodge or throw out less attacks). I can see why you would want to play it safer when your in kill percents but normally being that close to death shouldn't hold you back from your eggcellent gameplay. Hmm...I guess I started using yoshi via wiimote 08-early 09 than gamecube 09-12 then literally just now via wiimote+nunchuck...
Yeah at high percents im scared to do anything im usually just fishing for a kill move or for the opponent to mess up and punish them for it. I need to work on that and your yoshi isnt bad at all you should use him more and we have to play again some time when i get more practice in :)

PZ

Smash Lord
Yeah at high percents im scared to do anything im usually just fishing for a kill move or for the opponent to mess up and punish them for it. I need to work on that and your yoshi isnt bad at all you should use him more and we have to play again some time when i get more practice in :)
Back when I still religiously played on aib ladders, I would always come up short when it came to winning a match which made me feel like maining another low tier character(falcon) in 2010 and beyond. Not saying I don't like using yoshi but I feel the kneed to use falcon more since I love him no matter what they change about him. Yea we should play again. See ya next weekened for thisnext week imma focus on my studies more and try to fix a problem with my car.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Back when I still religiously played on aib ladders, I would always come up short when it came to winning a match which made me feel like maining another low tier character(falcon) in 2010 and beyond. Not saying I don't like using yoshi but I feel the kneed to use falcon more since I love him no matter what they change about him. Yea we should play again. See ya next weekened for thisnext week imma focus on my studies more and try to fix a problem with my car.
Alright Good luck :) cant wait to play again

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ace:

Anyone wanna brawl? Haven't played brawl in a few months..

<----Add the 1160 code under my name

Last edited:
Top Bottom