• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
ggs haha I hadn't played brawl inawhile had a great time nice pit btw ive never played one that doesn't just side-b lol
Ace games man! And thanks for the compliment; I'm currently emphasising the training with :pit: with the new Smash in prospect, so I was hoping it showed ;3

I'd like to commend you for your :falco:; those jab-cancels are reeeally fancy! :D

Good games and until the next one(s)!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Brawl anyone?
Sure thing; I'm hosting!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Saimunn. I haven't seen your Pit for a long time. Good to know it's still kickin. You seem to catch on real quickly on how I will approach. Approaching a Pit is not easy, so that's why I was playing kind of a coward. Planking and running away is the only way to make you approach me with out me taking too much damage. Arrows be flyin at my face every 3 seconds so that's why I went Ness and Lucas to see if it would help deal with it, which it did but it almost made no difference because you still racked up damage with your Shieldgrabbing and Jab strings.

I had fun nonetheless.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GG's Saimunn. I haven't seen your Pit for a long time. Good to know it's still kickin. You seem to catch on real quickly on how I will approach. Approaching a Pit is not easy, so that's why I was playing kind of a coward. Planking and running away is the only way to make you approach me with out me taking too much damage. Arrows be flyin at my face every 3 seconds so that's why I went Ness and Lucas to see if it would help deal with it, which it did but it almost made no difference because you still racked up damage with your Shieldgrabbing and Jab strings.

I had fun nonetheless.
Good games man! And why thank you for the laudatory pitch in your comment!
It's actually really rewarding to see that you noticed how I tried to adapt to your patterns (dat habitual roll -> u-tilt with whatever character lols xd it's probably due to :dk:'s OP u-tilt that you tend to use it so frequently haha). Don't worry about the playstyle; if you recklessly dash into :pit: you'll most likely get struck by a volley of arrows along the road, so you're profusely excused!
Also terrific news that you discerned some jab-cancel mix-ups and whatnot; thank you very much for the blissful feedback altogether! :)

As for your vast delegation of combatants; gee oh gee.. :dk:.. :falcon:.. :ness2:.. :lucas:.. You seem to adopt such a natural playstyle with every character you play, without having to ever adjust whenever you swap characters during a session. Your boundless versatility makes you such an omni-brawler, and it shows in general aspects of the game (shieldgrabbing, move canceling, recovering, etc.). Additionally, some characters of yours have a very smooth edge which amplifies that generally well-developed playstyle (:falcon:'s jab cancels, :dk:'s b-air spacing, :lucas:'s wave-dashing etc.). You're a good player, with just a couple of very rigid and tenacious habits.. ;p. Ditch those and it'll be one mountain of a challenge to actually win a match o.o

Been a while since we've played anyway, but I really rejoiced in the exciting games we just played! I hope that the following matches won't be suspended as long as the previous one ;)

Dott

Smash Ace
Good games Comet, practice some combos with Pikachu and you will be get better.

Glad you don't use edgegrab, clean kills.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Could you post your friend code? My mom took my computer from me (more like she ****ing stole it, but whatever).
Oh, you can't see the FC on mobile (Which I assume you're using)? Okay, in that case, it's 5115-1717-6357. ;P

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Could you post your friend code? My mom took my computer from me (more like she ****ing stole it, but whatever).
Hey, good games!
I noticed a few things:
As Falco, one thing is for sure: Do NOT use Up-B as an attack. It should strictly be used for recovery. It's way too easy to see coming, and it's very punishable. Also, you should be using a ton more lasers, as you hardly used any. That's one of Falco's biggest assets aside from his grab. Use it to annoy the heck out of your opponent, chain attacks together, and get stage control. Also, know that Falco can't chain grab Marth and Lucario, but I believe you can lead a grab into an aerial or something like that. I don't play Falco. xP
Now, onto Marth. Well... I'm new to him, so I don't really have the right to give much advice. But based on what a better player once told me, you should try to use FSmash a lot less. Less USmash, too. Side-B is a wonderful option and you should use it mainly for your punishes. Use more tilts, too. :p
And as for Lucario... Well, let's see here. First off, you used Aura Sphere way too predictably. It's obvious when you're far away from your opponent and you're not doing anything else that you'll fire one. You also repeatedly used it to get back up from the ledge. Now, that's okay, but just try to mix it up more. Also, be aware that his Fair can chain together with just about any of his aerials. ;3 Force palm is good, but not good when used excessively. Go for a grab instead, unless you're sure that you can get a FP. And Uthrow should really only be used at lower percents to chain into things like his UTilt, but that's about it. You're better off using DThrow, BThrow, or FThrow depending on where you are on stage~
I also noticed that you love dittos. xP Great games, again~

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I do! :p been dying to play you again since I saw you were back, I had wondered where you went to. Welcome back!
Thanks, lol! Am I really that fun to play? xP I actually accidentally left my copy of Brawl at a tournament out of state. The people said they'd mail it to me, but it still hasn't come in months. D: So I just bought a new game.
I'll just go ahead and host~

Top Bottom