• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
GGs~ It's like you play every character haha

Your Ness gave me the most trouble by far, I knew exactly what you were doing, but still couldn't stop it xD I had to switch to one of Ness's bad matchups to actually stand a chance haha
I've got a grasp on most besides Yoshi (can't handle his hardcore moveset) and thanks! I felt the same way about your Wolf! I was thinking "Oh no! Ive been grabbed! He's ganna let me wrestle out of it and then down smash me! UHH" and I got hit every time haha! GGs! Real sinister Wolf! Maybe we can fight again sometime!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Plays just about every character? Sounds like me lol. Maybe Sonsa and I know should do a character battle sometime.
Oh, maybe we should? I'm free now sooooo... haha! Should we just play normal or spice things up by just picking random? Or maybe we can even try dittoing every character! :D

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
If I had started with DDD or something you might have gotten a different idea lol.

Anyway, if you want advice let me know.
Aww man that DDD of yours really whooped my ass. Thanks for the compliment =] and advice is always welcomed

Zork

Smash Apprentice
If we go random it might lead to some horribly unfair matchups lol. If we just do mirrors a lot of mirrors imo in this game are really dumb D:

But you know, I've been looking for someone to do MK mirrors with me. Are you up for it Sonsa? Almost nobody seems to play MK here for some reason...

Edit:

Snail don't worry about it lol, I happen to be pretty good as DDD vs Snake, I've 2 stocked Snake's far superior to yours for instance. He's my go to character vs Snake, especially since I only play on wifi.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
If we go random it might lead to some horribly unfair matchups lol. If we just do mirrors a lot of mirros imo in this game are really dumb D:

But you know, I've been looking for someone to do MK mirrors with me. Are you up for it Sonsa? Almost nobody seems to play MK here for some reason...
Ah yeah, alright just normally then. Oh, after some MK dittos I guess! I'm not an MK pro, I tend to stay away from top tiers for some reason (just my instinct), but I have a grasp and am happy to go for it :p

Zork

Smash Apprentice
And okay Snail I'll post advice for you later tonight. I'm going to play Sonsa now.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Well dang. One ill-timed outside call later and it looks like I'm without a match....
Anyone care to play? vBrawl or PM. Either is fine.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS Sonsa.

I don't think I've ever SDed as much as I did vs you lol. Must be the fatigue getting to me after all, I normally don't play that much at once (played Snail a good 3 hours before you and Yoshi+someone else for a few hours before that).

If you want advice let me know. You have some nice gimmicks that definitely caught me off guard so good job on that. But you are lacking some major fundamentals.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
GGS Sonsa.

I don't think I've ever SDed as much as I did vs you lol. Must be the fatigue getting to me after all, I normally don't play that much at once (played Snail a good 3 hours before you).

If you want advice let me know.
GGs, yeah. You sure know lotsa tech! Nah, I'm ashamed... Ive been 3 and 2 stocked over and over tonight with winning one or two matches total. Might as well quit brawl now. Maybe I'll be better at smash 4. Sorry, I really thought I was kinda good... Thanks though~ G'night.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGS Sonsa.

I don't think I've ever SDed as much as I did vs you lol. Must be the fatigue getting to me after all, I normally don't play that much at once (played Snail a good 3 hours before you).

If you want advice let me know. You have some nice gimmicks that definitely caught me off guard so good job on that. But you are lacking some major fundamentals.
Up to playing some matches or are you feeling a little too tired?

You or Sonsa, I guess. Whoever's up for it

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Nah you definitely won more than 2 matches. Granted I did suicide a lot but for a newcomer to the scene you are still pretty darn good. Don't let my join date fool you, I used to play on AIB back in the day constantly facing high level players there. You are way better than me when I started off, let me tell you that lol. Are you sure you don't want advice?

Edit:

Madolche I'll play you tomorrow, I've definitely played too much today lol. I should get some rest.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs man, some of those matches were DBZ status haha xD
I really liked your marth out of all your characters, you seemed to always know the perfect move at the perfect time. And those spikes. *-*
But yeah fun matches hope to play again sometime :)

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs man, some of those matches were DBZ status haha xD
I really liked your marth out of all your characters, you seemed to always know the perfect move at the perfect time. And those spikes. *-*
But yeah fun matches hope to play again sometime :)
Yeah, those were some really awesome matches. c: I love close matches like that.
You've got an awesome Kirby, and you got some Ike setups that were pretty interesting as well.
Now if I could only knock that habit of self-dectructing, hah....
Edit: My Marth, eh? Thanks. Some of those spikes were pretty lucky though.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, those were some really awesome matches. c: I love close matches like that.
You've got an awesome Kirby, and you got some Ike setups that were pretty interesting as well.
Now if I could only knock that habit of self-dectructing, hah....
Edit: My Marth, eh? Thanks. Some of those spikes were pretty lucky though.
Thanks for the compliments, but I noticed a lot of my bad habits too like rolling behind you when i'm under pressure, fair from ledge too much, and nair at wrong times.
Lucky or not I was very impressed lol.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the compliments, but I noticed a lot of my bad habits too like rolling behind you when i'm under pressure, fair from ledge too much, and nair at wrong times.
Lucky or not I was very impressed lol.
No worries man, it's matches like these where we pick up on things like that. I have a tendency to go on autopilot sometimes, so I have to catch myself.
Anyway, likewise to your earlier comment. Hope to play ya again. c:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
okay ill be on in 5

Edit: GG's Ace. I see your Roy has gotten much more better. I want to use him too but he feels way too different than Marth. His recovery is kind of awkward too. I'm so glad you didn't bring out wolf as much, I would have lost every match lol.

I feel like Ness is kind of overpowered lol. I've beaten everyone I played when I used him.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
okay ill be on in 5
Ace:

LOL! GG's man! I just wanna cry right now. All your comeback were just... I don't even know. That last game though.. Bros M and I screamed when you got the Blast K.O with Samus for game.

That was just too good lol. Very nice Ike and Marth buddy, but I really want to point out Ness. I didn't know how to even approach him. On brawl, if you blocked his P.K Fire, then I'm pretty sure the pillar of fire wouldn't appear.. But that's not a case on P:M. I always tried to power shield it and I got burned every time XD. You completely trashed my Wolf and Roy. ROFL.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Ace:

LOL! GG's man! I just wanna cry right now. All your comeback were just... I don't even know. That last game though.. Bros M and I screamed when you got the Blast K.O with Samus for game.

That was just too good lol. Very nice Ike and Marth buddy, but I really want to point out Ness. I didn't know how to even approach him. On brawl, if you blocked his P.K Fire, then I'm pretty sure the pillar of fire wouldn't appear.. But that's not a case on P:M. I always tried to power shield it and I got burned every time XD. You completely trashed my Wolf and Roy. ROFL.
Nah dawg, you won most matches when you went Roy. I think Ness just does well against Wolf. And yeah, that last match was hype. I think what made you lose was that Self destruct on your second last stock, it put you in a pressured state. lol

Awesome games bro!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Metalbro, although I am trying to focus on brawl atm, I havn't got the chance to really play with ya in P:M and would like to now if you want since I have to go soon.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Wow GG's Courage. I just don't know how you do it. You beat both my Marth and Ness with Charizard without a Gamecube controller. I don't see why you don't want to pick up P:M with Brawl. You do great in both games.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs MetalBro! Fun matches!

:sadeyes: Even tho i havn't picked up a controller in almost a week, I flopped in ways I shouldn't have. SDs, L-cancels, technical stuff. Either way, you're super good!

xD I need to practice wavedashing. Need to be able to get accostomed to the finger motion on the nunchuck

Edit: I dunno why, it's just that i'm paranoid I'll confuse myself playing both games...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Oh that's okay. Brawl and P:M have very different physics and so when I go between them both I just change my overall playstyle. It's like playing Mario Kart and Forza. You just have to change your perspective when playing. I understand it's pretty hard to do that, so if you feel like playing both will hinder your performance, then I say stick to one.

Top Bottom