• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Combo Video out guys, pssst... it might feature some of you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtMkeVWarTU
I like it! ;)

In my defense, it seems I played well enough against you to only be in there once. :p

Edit: Looking it over, I guess I actually appeared twice... but ew Lucario, like what is that blue furry thing even doing, I don't play him. #johns

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs P-0. I was playing very very very VERY bad. As soon as the announcer said "GO" on our first match, I was showered in a 16oz bottle of SSB Salt. Most of the time I kept saying "Yolo" to myself and ended up SDing so hard. I've never played this bad on P:M in my life, and I am sorry for you having to witness it.

The only character that seemed to do decently was Charizard... and I rarely even get him..
Shame on Squirtle and Sonic.

With that said, you have a really nice Link! I recommend you P:M with PATH sometime if you never had. Those Link Dittos would be awesome. I recommend using Link's B-Up on the edge when your opponent is trying to get up.. it's deadly and provides Salt o-o.
I saw some of that Squirtle action too. I was literally button mashing with Lucas XD

Player -0

Smash Hero
GGs P-0. I was playing very very very VERY bad. As soon as the announcer said "GO" on our first match, I was showered in a 16oz bottle of SSB Salt. Most of the time I kept saying "Yolo" to myself and ended up SDing so hard. I've never played this bad on P:M in my life, and I am sorry for you having to witness it.

The only character that seemed to do decently was Charizard... and I rarely even get him..
Shame on Squirtle and Sonic.

With that said, you have a really nice Link! I recommend you P:M with PATH sometime if you never had. Those Link Dittos would be awesome. I recommend using Link's B-Up on the edge when your opponent is trying to get up.. it's deadly and provides Salt o-o.
I saw some of that Squirtle action too. I was literally button mashing with Lucas XD
I couldn't do any of my usual movement or wave dashing :l
I might not be used to online lag or something.
Online wouldn't let me tech and then other stuff screwed too even though there wasn't a lot of lag.
I can read half of your stuff sometimes and you're playing like Brawl which got me frustrated when I couldn't do anything with the online stuff.

You always roll when the person gets back from dying, typically away from the person. You should stop that, I wasn't able to punish but bleah.
You also roll in and D-Smash a lot.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I couldn't do any of my usual movement or wave dashing :l
I might not be used to online lag or something.
Online wouldn't let me tech and then other stuff screwed too even though there wasn't a lot of lag.
I can read half of your stuff sometimes and you're playing like Brawl which got me frustrated when I couldn't do anything with the online stuff.

You always roll when the person gets back from dying, typically away from the person. You should stop that, I wasn't able to punish but bleah.
You also roll in and D-Smash a lot.
I told you, I was salty.

Now you know why I was playing terribly? Not to be rude or anything, it seems like you didn't read a word I wrote.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Did you not read snytng I wrote?
I'm twice salty.
Well you were throwing out how bad I was playing. It wasn't really necessary because I already told you myself that I was playing like absolute garbage. And I did read what you wrote, and I felt the salt (And slight rage I guess.)

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well you were throwing out how bad I was playing. It wasn't really necessary because I already told you myself that I was playing like absolute garbage. And I did read what you wrote, and I felt the salt (And slight rage I guess.)
First part was me annoyed, second part was a tip. Or justbtelling you in case you didn't know you did that.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
First part was me annoyed, second part was a tip. Or justbtelling you in case you didn't know you did that.
Well thanks for offering the tip, but you're right, I already did know because I said I was playing like garbage. But good games nevertheless.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I am not in here...
But ha ha, really, though. Nice combo video, dude. Very impressive stuff.
Ha, you were too good. And I think i only got to play you a couple of times in one session.
I like it! ;)

In my defense, it seems I played well enough against you to only be in there once. :p

Edit: Looking it over, I guess I actually appeared twice... but ew Lucario, like what is that blue furry thing even doing, I don't play him. #johns
Thanks. Yeah, you were one of the people I never really got to play a lot, so those were the only clips I got in there... like c'mon you know that MK one had to be in there. ;)
*sees self in this*
*tries not to cry*
*cries a lot*
XD These are some great Kirby clips man, those footstools haha
Oh lol, my bad, hope those were tears of joy. :lol:
Yay I'm in the video!! Not sure if that's good or bad lol
Heh, not sure what to say. I would say its good because I only put the combos in of people that I felt actually put up a challenge, I did a lot of combos on noobs that I didnt bother to put in, so take it as a compliment.
P.S. You have like the dopest avatars/icons ever man.
I think you said the wrong thing in your description, might want to proofread it.
:c
Yeah, the combos were pretty basic imo, you probably saw that as well. I tried to make this more notible with the tech skill at the end, but I felt I couldve done better there too.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Heh, not sure what to say. I would say its good because I only put the combos in of people that I felt actually put up a challenge, I did a lot of combos on noobs that I didnt bother to put in, so take it as a compliment.
P.S. You have like the dopest avatars/icons ever man.
xD Thanks

Funny the only matches I remember are the ones where I used D3. More specifically the second appearance with the jab lock. I think I remember most vividly due to the hilarity of you getting the lock and the relief of me clutching out the win despite that.:chuckle:

HI5

Smash Rookie
Splendid, I'll add you too and create a lobby for us shortly!
GGs! I can tell youre a really good player. Sorry I was performing so poorly; I had worse lag than I've ever had on wifi =\

Perhaps we'll play again someday when my internet is being less atrocious?

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs! I can tell youre a really good player. Sorry I was performing so poorly; I had worse lag than I've ever had on wifi =\

Perhaps we'll play again someday when my internet is being less atrocious?
Good games man! And why thank you for that blissful compliment; means a lot to me!

Indubitably we'll play again in short prospect, in the (perhaps a tad naive) hope that the connection will improve miraculously ;p. And don't worry about the allegedly 'lesser performance' (I've never brawled you before so I don't have any parameter to apply ;p).. That's just WiFi being WiFi I suppose :)

Player -0

Smash Hero
:c
Yeah, the combos were pretty basic imo, you probably saw that as well. I tried to make this more notible with the tech skill at the end, but I felt I couldve done better there too.
I thought they were cool, especially considering it's brawl (Kappa).

But I meant in the youtube video description. You said something about how your opponents were worse than you but then said something about how you got lucky. I'm assuming that you meant to say that you weren't styling on your opponents and had trouble with them but got lucky sometimes.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
I'll play Silver. Shall I host?

Edit:

Are you still there silverlining?

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Whoops, sorry, didn't see that you wanted to host. My bad! ^^;
Good games, nice Yoshi. Those diddy matches were great too, I forgot how much fun it is to play against him!

Is anyone else still looking to do any Brawl matches?
Its fine and i like your zelda and my diddy is terrible lol but i really want to learn how to play diddy well

Top Bottom