• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hi, apparantly when I play project m online it desyncs so would anyone want to play Brawl with me? I'm kinda good, I think!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I thought they were cool, especially considering it's brawl (Kappa).

But I meant in the youtube video description. You said something about how your opponents were worse than you but then said something about how you got lucky. I'm assuming that you meant to say that you weren't styling on your opponents and had trouble with them but got lucky sometimes.
Oh lol thanks...Thats totally not what I meant, and dont want people to think. Its almost the opposite actually. I started the sentence with "not that" for some reason:facepalm:. I talked about my combos in the previous comment because I thought the mistake in my description was saying I was "one of the most technical/flashy kirbies"

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS silver but I've had enough of that terrible lag. That's definitely worse than normal, not sure what's causing it. Is anyone at your place downloading something/watching a video?

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Are there any Yoshi fighters that would like to fight me?
I don't play Yoshi but I'll play you if you want.

Edit:

Are you still there RealStarYoshi?

With a name like that I expect some serious skill :D
And I could use some practice in the Yoshi matchup, it's not one you see too often.

Last edited:

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Okay, finally winding down for the day. I need to blow off some steam, anyone wanna brawl?

Edit: no takers?

Last edited:

RealStarYoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-3367-9091

Edit:

And I could use some practice in the Yoshi matchup, it's not one you see too often.
Sure, I'll give you a go. You look like you could be a tough opponent. :yoshimelee:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Oh lol thanks...Thats totally not what I meant, and dont want people to think. Its almost the opposite actually. I started the sentence with "not that" for some reason:facepalm:. I talked about my combos in the previous comment because I thought the mistake in my description was saying I was "one of the most technical/flashy kirbies"
I don't watch many combo videos, so I wouldn't know about technical kirby stuff. I wasn't trying to discredit you because I haven't really played against you (I think?). We should play some time lol.

Nonetheless, I was impressed with the combos. I want to see your Project M combos now :3. What would be cool is if someone recorded matches and did a "Smashboards Arena Combo Video" in which it featured many different players from the Arena in a random order. Just take random combos during matches and string them in a random order.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
GG's!!! I like how you were good with a wide variety of characters. Is there anyone you consider yourself best at or that you main?
GGs to you as well! Nice Fox! Vicious up-tilts! A main? Oh I'm not so sure haha I guess Wario and Toon Link can be pretty tricky, I wish to get better with Peach, I have to maintain my Ness goodness I thought I had, oh and Lucario is great, umm...theres just to many, I can't pick XD But ggs again! Hope we can fight again sometime!

RealStarYoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-3367-9091

Edit:

Boy was I right... You truly are a tough opponent. After fighting you, I know I have a lot to learn... but don't think you've seen the last of me! I'll beat you some day. xD

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS Yoshi. I would recommend watching some high level Yoshi play on youtube/streams to get an idea of how to play the character better. Right now your main offence is just random dash up grabs and dash attacks and these are pretty punishable especially if you are obvious with them.

I don't know a whole lot about Yoshi but I know his aerials and air mobility in general is great so definitely used that to approach and mix me up more. Also he has guaranteed stuff from grab releases on certain characters you should probably know if you want to become a master with him.

Also watch those rolls, rolls are not a safe mobility option in this game if that's all you do, as you saw you got punished for doing them constantly. They are better to be used occasionally and when the time is right.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Great! Let's have some nice matches! Oh I messed up! Sorry for the time match!
Hey ggs, you kicked my teeth in with luigi, lol. Also, I can't believe I got a smash ball with DDD. I couldn't help it, I had to use it. Not that it helped :/ Nice playin.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey ggs, you kicked my teeth in with luigi, lol. Also, I can't believe I got a smash ball with DDD. I couldn't help it, I had to use it. Not that it helped :/ Nice playin.
Aw thanks haha, well ya pummeled me with Ganon and others! Yeah that was crazy! Maybe we can fight again sometime!

CJ Dunnick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-2506-5223
I will return to this game online when I receive wired GC controllers, wavebirds give terrible input lag after a while to where you cant even fight back.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'll probably get crushed since I'm not quite up to speed on all of Melee's intricacies, but I can give it a shot
I would advise SHFFLing because everyday but it depends on your character.
But even then, just SHFFL.

Like literally just overwhelm people by your sheer ferocity of SHFFLing while playing TLink. Because that's what you do when you play TLink.

In all seriousness it depends on a lot of stuff.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Okay, give me 5 minutes, bathroom first.
GG's Zork, really started to fall apart after the first half of our matches though. Need to work on my ZSS and MetaKnight matchups haha. Lots of good matches, hope to play you again sometime.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Well I tend to download people after a while if they have an bad habits I can exploit, that's one reason against players around your level I tend to do better the more I play them. Also I suppose it's true I don't tire mentally like a lot of people even after playing for so long (but on the other hand I'm still a very slow learner imo).

Also the first match was Snake mirrors and I've always sucked at that and I think you underestimated me after you came close to winning that and assumed the other matches would also be close. If I had started with DDD or something you might have gotten a different idea lol.

I am impressed by your willingness to keep going though, even in those matches that seem hopeless to win. I noticed no matter how down you got, you didn't break down mentally which is really, really good. You still played your game and made some pretty good reads.

Anyway, if you want advice let me know.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I'll brawl ya!
GGs~ It's like you play every character haha

Your Ness gave me the most trouble by far, I knew exactly what you were doing, but still couldn't stop it xD I had to switch to one of Ness's bad matchups to actually stand a chance haha

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Plays just about every character? Sounds like me lol. Maybe Sonsa and I know should do a character battle sometime.

Top Bottom