• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Once you go P:M you never go back.....
Keep your P:M propaganda to yourself.

Wouldn't Brawl be the dark side? I mean it was intentionally designed to kill the competitive Smash scene.
Don't give me this crap. I can go off a huge tangent on this but I'm going to keep it simple. You make it sound like Melee purists play Brawl. People who play Melee play Melee. They aren't going to play Brawl.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Because they didn't know the MU, but lack of MU knowledge doesn't make the rest of the cast any less bad compared to MK, and I include ICs because literally every MU is 50-50 for them, once they get a grab they win.
Ok, then how did they learn the MU??

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
There's a P:M Tier list?
Also looking for Brawl
Not an official one, but most of the community places Wolf either high or top tier.

Ok, then how did they learn the MU??
Hell if I know, probably by reading ESAM's post about how MK can edge-guard her the same way as Pika only more effectively because his nair is just a better version of Pika's

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Well you both accepted almost at the same time.

Not sure how to go about this lol.

FSLAR

Smash Rookie
Oh god wow. I think Old man Grey should take it cause he was first but really it's up to DAS.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Not an official one, but most of the community places Wolf either high or top tier.

Hell if I know, probably by reading ESAM's post about how MK can edge-guard her the same way as Pika only more effectively because his nair is just a better version of Pika's
Yeah! To speed this up, it wraps all the way back to my first point. They knew the MU cuz they experimented with their character. Experimenting with your character is key so that when something comes across, you adapt and learn it. Imagine if no one knew how to learn to edge guard ZSS, Salem probably would keep winning tournaments. The tier list is screwed up because people fail to experiment fully with their character. For example, Peach. Everyone was saying things like "ohh Peach is so bad" and "all she can do is turnip camp and dair". Then friggin Kie came along and showed us what float-dashing could really do. True, float-dashing was found way before this but then BAM! a new use for it. Now we got Kie and SlayerZ doing these crazy shenanigans with Peach, and are probably as of now better than Illmatic who was the best Peach before this.

Im sayin all that just so say that there are probably some crazy things all the characters can do that no one has figured out how to do yet. Which is another reason, there are people that are significantly better than the 2nd best, (Will, Trela, ESAM) Then there are characters that no one is really good with, like Yoshi. No one ever uses DR that much... but until one guy comes up and starts DRing all over the place similar to Peach everyone's going to be like omg, Yoshi 2 stronk! MK's, ICs wont know how to deal with it for a short amount of time, until they go experiment some more and learn to counter it.

Keep in mind, I know MK and IC's are still probably going to be the strongest characters, that part of the tier list I agree with. Its everything else I disagree with. :c

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yeah! To speed this up, it wraps all the way back to my first point. They knew the MU cuz they experimented with their character. Experimenting with your character is key so that when something comes across, you adapt and learn it. Imagine if no one knew how to learn to edge guard ZSS, Salem probably would keep winning tournaments. The tier list is screwed up because people fail to experiment fully with their character. For example, Peach. Everyone was saying things like "ohh Peach is so bad" and "all she can do is turnip camp and dair". Then friggin Kie came along and showed us what float-dashing could really do. True, float-dashing was found way before this but then BAM! a new use for it. Now we got Kie and SlayerZ doing these crazy shenanigans with Peach, and are probably as of now better than Illmatic who was the best Peach before this.

Im sayin all that just so say that there are probably some crazy things all the characters can do that no one has figured out how to do yet. Which is another reason, there are people that are significantly better than the 2nd best, (Will, Trela, ESAM) Then there are characters that no one is really good with, like Yoshi. No one ever uses DR that much... but until one guy comes up and starts DRing all over the place similar to Peach everyone's going to be like omg, Yoshi 2 stronk! MK's, ICs wont know how to deal with it for a short amount of time, until they go experiment some more and learn to counter it.

Keep in mind, I know MK and IC's are still probably going to be the strongest characters, that part of the tier list I agree with. Its everything else I disagree with. :c
I practice DR a lot. It is very hard, especially for me since I use wii-chuck, but i've been getting it more consistently. Though i almost never use it on wifi cuz the extreamly strict timing, and the ease of application doesn't agree with lag

crashman360

Smash Rookie
I practice DR a lot. It is very hard, especially for me since I use wii-chuck, but i've been getting it more consistently. Though i almost never use it on wifi cuz the extreamly strict timing, and the ease of application doesn't agree with lag
play me? pl0x

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
As a former Yoshi main. I agree, I gave up on Yoshi almost just cuz wifi was too hard cuz he's just so technical... at least for me who liked to DR 3 times a second lol.

In retrospect, I probably should've never gave up on him tho... I know its "not too late" but with P:M 3.0 on the rise, I probably wont be playing Brawl... and if I do its going to be Kirby/GW/Peach since Im only good with them.

R0bO

Smash Rookie
Can you all give me like 5-10 mins and I'll be there, meanwhile someone host and you can all ffa till I get dere "."

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I don't know where to start....

@ James, I actually started to see him to that stuff in 2013, but he doesn't really use it to it's max... And fair cancels out.. Abuse it! But, Up B is very useful. When I watched him fight Hbox... He had so much chances to do some things. He has the best Doc (no doubt about that) but he still hasn't brought Dox to his full potential yet. People sya and type that he has, but he still hasn't. Full hop fairs reads, Pill to Down air, cape stall, someone going to attack you, read there attack and cape (so they face the other direcrion, and you ca imput your attack before they strike again. Things like this I still haven't seen from Docs. Heck no Back airs! Back Airs... OnlyFair? Man change it up please. You can even try to gimp or pressure your rival offstage with Doc's Pill. Still haven't seen stuff like this. Respect for him making Doc look good, he can still do more and I hope he is.

@ Prince, Yup, you have to experiment with characters like Kirby. I do things with D3 that people type I copied from Vex. I don't follow anyone's style. I make my own style. I'll just continue to improve my style. Fow learned from playing Ness. Experimenting and understanding the flaws of the game. So maining a High tier is no trouble. But those players will never leave their true mains. I may not be a Yoshi main, but I learned to adpat my Yoshi style (without a balanced Shield). Now that I'm maining Link, and knowing the main physics of Brawl, I can know what to do. I'm still experimenting with Link and figuring out ways to help him in that category. Bomb Slides is a big game changer, gives me space to get my projectile game on, and add my flash. Now, I'm working on adding shield drop tricks to catch players of guard.
And I was the Yoshi that did all that stuff. If I had a shield with Yoshi, I would never be sacred to attack Snake, MK, or ICs. As if I was sacred before. Anyway, experiment! :o

@ Old Man Grey, going to APEX? Nice! Do work with Gnw :D Don't ever be sacred to go offstage with him, you can has abuse Up B if they try to attack you. :o

crashman360

Smash Rookie
lol don't share stock man, that gets annoying just saying. and btw hound did you like the back air K.O when we 1v1ed? (;

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

I agree that experimentation is good, but it's that same experimentation that led everyone to figure out that MK trumps everything. Out of curiosity what specifically do you disagree with on the current tier list? Personally I feel that Pika should be in A- and Luigi and Lucas should be somewhere between C+ to C- other than that I pretty much agree with it. Also Peach is bad imo, other than utilt she's just a worse version of her Melee iteration in pretty much every way, she has most of the same combos, but they're all harder to pull off because of Brawl's physics, not to mention knockback decay makes it really hard for her to kill, and her recovery is worse her double jump doesn't go as high and she can't grab the ledge backwards despite being one of the few characters who could in Melee, and she has the worst air-dodge.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey Xandrin. For some reason, my Wii froze and now I'm getting an error trying to get online. Give me a few minutes.

Top Bottom