• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I'll be joining in on Project M not long after 3.0 comes out, since I'll be getting a laptop which will allow me to update from 2.5. I'll be playing Brawl and P:M then

But until then anyone wanna brawl? XD

crashman360

Smash Rookie
i never changed any numbers. i beat you when you used falco 15-2 then you brought out mk, that got you 15-4. good job, but If you knew anything about the game or it's players, people who don't use MK bring him out because he has the most overpowered Moveset in the game, about 75-80% of his match ups are in his favour. and i replied to everything you said, and kirby sucks man. lol i'll be the first to admit, if your not committed to getting better with kirby, you will lose every single time. kirby is not only a hard character to learn and master, but most falco's beat the hell out of him. and if you aren't ready to be criticized you shouldn't be here. just saying this community Criticizes alot. and honestly it's not a bad thing, it makes you a better play IMO. its one of the things that made me alot better.

Anyway enough drama for now. Games anyone?

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
It's ok! Honestly, it could be me. We have awful icy conditions here right now so my roommates are home probably using the wifi as well.

Peach is one of my worst matchups. Her nair literally beats everything in Zelda's arsenal. :(
Lol 2 days ago it was warm and sunny and now it's cold, oh I'll use someone else next time...

Brawl / Project M anyone?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It's pretty heartbreaking watching people I met through Brawl shun it later. lol
It's all cool tho, I understand brawls problems.

FSLAR

Smash Rookie
i never changed any numbers. i beat you when you used falco 15-2 then you brought out mk, that got you 15-4. good job, but If you knew anything about the game or it's players, people who don't use MK bring him out because he has the most overpowered Moveset in the game, about 75-80% of his match ups are in his favour. and i replied to everything you said, and kirby sucks man. lol i'll be the first to admit, if your not committed to getting better with kirby, you will lose every single time. kirby is not only a hard character to learn and master, but most falco's beat the hell out of him. and if you aren't ready to be criticized you shouldn't be here. just saying this community Criticizes alot. and honestly it's not a bad thing, it makes you a better play IMO. its one of the things that made me alot better.

Anyway enough drama for now. Games anyone?
You first said 4 times, than 6, and now 5. And there is a difference between criticism and being rude. You complaining that I went Meta Knight, is not criticism, but is rude. You did ignore some things I stated. It wasn't 15-2, you miscounted because I know w/ Falco I got maybe 4 wins then the Meta Knight wins. To an extent saying I should get better with Falco, is criticism but that was still a bit rude by just saying "Get better", you could have stated what I went wrong with, since I'm willing to listen and because I don't know what you think I should improve on. Now if you're willing to tell me, like getting kills, lasers, recovery, I'd listen but simply saying "Get better" isn't that helpful. Also, I criticized your ability to do Kirby suicides, and you didn't take it well.
W/e I'm done lmfao imma drink some sprite and return sometime
FSLAR try not to double post... dont make me call Old Man Grey or Xiroey!!!!
my bad meant to edit it in

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
It's pretty heartbreaking watching people I met through Brawl shun it later. lol
It's all cool tho, I understand brawls problems.
Yeah I know how you feel. Its that same feeling when a really good mid tier player drops that character and picks up a high tier. (FOW, Vinnie)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah I know how you feel. Its that same feeling when a really good mid tier player drops that character and picks up a high tier. (FOW, Vinnie, Chudat).
I thought Chu still played Kirby? Also before he even played Brawl he was an ICs main in Melee so he mained a high-tier before he mained a mid-tier.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I thought Chu still played Kirby? Also before he even played Brawl he was an ICs main in Melee so he mained a high-tier before he mained a mid-tier.
Being a Kirby main myself I was pretty disappointed. I think he still uses Kirby... but I remember him saying somewhere, maybe Xanadu, that he was going to focus more on ICs.

So yeah, maybe Chu wasnt the right person to say since he still is glad using both. I cant really think of anyone else to take that position tho... but hopefully people still get my point.

crashman360

Smash Rookie
You first said 4 times, than 6, and now 5. And there is a difference between criticism and being rude. You complaining that I went Meta Knight, is not criticism, but is rude. You did ignore some things I stated. It wasn't 15-2, you miscounted because I know w/ Falco I got maybe 4 wins then the Meta Knight wins. To an extent saying I should get better with Falco, is criticism but that was still a bit rude by just saying "Get better", you could have stated what I went wrong with, since I'm willing to listen and because I don't know what you think I should improve on. Now if you're willing to tell me, like getting kills, lasers, recovery, I'd listen but simply saying "Get better" isn't that helpful. Also, I criticized your ability to do Kirby suicides, and you didn't take it well.
W/e I'm done lmfao imma drink some sprite and return sometime
my bad meant to edit it in
Okay fine. -_-

Now, what you should improve on is usually when i did the gonzo combo (F Throw> Up Air> repeat> Down throw> Back air or up air.) you would try and counter by coming straight down with a down air. the problem is most kirbys will use the back air after the combo for the extra damage. If that's the case falco's down air is just missing and you'll get punished. You see there was about 4-5 times i hit that combo and because of the back air honestly i think it's 10 damage right? anyway you ended up at 60-70% damage depending on if i hit it or not, which if it's at the beginning of the game, that's not a good place to start off in. because falco's an easy target to chain grab, and so what you want to do, is simply don't get grabbed. Do the SHDL to ensure kirby stays away a safe distance, if he approaches And your in the air, use falco's side b to get away from him, other wise theres not much you can do. If your on the ground i think your best bet is to use falco's Down B and follow up with a f tilt, or up tilt then again put space between you and Kirby.

Another thing when you sat at the edge of the stage using neutral A, that was actually good because kirby at that point doesn't have a lot of options, if he floats above you, there is alot you can do. Nair, Back air, Up air, F air, run away and Go back to SHDL, Trying to push him back off the stage is your best choice however. constant pressure to make sure he can't recover. so that was one thing that you did really well.

When i would chain grab you with the gonzo combo, one way i'm pretty sure you can get out of it if your being chain grabbed at 0% is spamming down b as fast as you can. the lazer is too slow to counter, and DI is Almost impossible to do with falco from 0% espicially in the first set of the F throw.

You're actually pretty decent, you just have to work On adaptation, and predictability.

Oh another thing,when i ducked under your lazers what you did every time was dash attack, initially that was good but try and mix it up after doing it a couple times, because i started to expect you to do it, so i began to spot dodge and grab you to set you up for the Gonzo combo.

Main thing: don't get grabbed by kirby, don't put yourself in a situation where he can grab you espicially at the begining of a match, thats never where you want to be, and kirby will pretty much get a major lead, if the player knows what he's doing that is.

i realise i should of said this initially and that's my bad, but thats what i saw and what i think you could improve on in the kirby-falco matchup
and that's pretty much it.

Games anyone?

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Hey, dont be hatin on my brawl. Only mainstream smash game i can play with people that has Yoshi........currently anyway
3.0 in 3 days...... Yoshi!

Then you can join the P:M dark side :evil:

(You really should because I haven't played a match with you Courage in like 44938 years)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah GGs, I didn't feel like waiting on that maintenance period last night lol. Yeah you were definitely doing a bunch of crazy stuff, on a lot of those combos I was like "What... how... no... ". I enjoy Samus, because she is apparently the worst lol. It was nice seeing some cool Brawl stuff, I didn't even understand how most of those combos work lol. You definitely did not disappoint. :)
Yeah! I didn't disappoint! :D You were good Alexio. :o It's just if you would use more Zair and be all mobile with missiles, then you'd be a feared brawl player xD

That's how I want to be, things that players would never believe could work. Training mode is the answer. Brawl can be nothing but fast, even MetaKnight wouldn't be a bother. If you're being cautious and watching where MK lands, you will not have a problem with him.

That's the thing bro, when I play players they react different. They type that it doesn't work and It's just a connection error thing. Youcan see with your own eyes that it wasn't an 'error.' These tricks and moves work. You just have to know when you got to use them. The way how I look at Brawl is simply, huh?

Whenever you brawl someone in the beggining of matches, they're all fresh and ready to go into battle. Once you keep poking them here and there, they start to lose there reaction. That's when you go full burst on them.

Sure, camping and projectile game-play is a bore, but if you learn to advance some moves to help against camping and projectile habits, then you won't have anymore trouble. Brawls fun bro, you just have to put the effort and learn your tricks and custom ways of playing.

This message has been brought you by, Tums.

@ DeadJames, I still don't believe that... Mango ***** Jiggs and for how long has Jiggs been ****** Fox? Or MewtoKing? Mango just experiments and that's why he's pretty much the face of Melee. I watch the Gnw Melee players... They never use Gnw's Bacon throw, they never try to down throw them (and read their tech rolls). They just throw Fair and down air... That's it... Sometimes they use Judgement Hammer.. In like.. Every two years or so X)

Doctor Mario is amazing! Shoom never uses his Up B against Jiggs... He just dash dances and goes for grabs. No down air, no random fair (at times) heck, no cape when he has the chance to gimp someone... I hope he's doing all this now. Haven't beenpaying attention... Finals week xD.. Kirby is another example.

They never use fair, swallow (to spit them out to rack up damage or to copy their ability, which will be useful in the long run). They just never ever experiment.

EVERYONE! YOU GOT TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR CHARACTER! N64,Melee, Brawl, and Project M. Forget about what others say or do. Ignore them and do what you need to do.

@ Princess Azula, low teirs are funnier, they make you work to improve everything! High Tiers are only there, because others can't win with them. If people would win everytime with Link, then Link would be SSTier. Want an Example? Salem winning Apex, Zzs is now a High Tier, right? She use to be a Mid Tier. Now, she's a High Tier. Because Salem played Zzs the way he wanted to play her. Now there is a new MetaGame for ZZS. *hides from Dakpo*

Practicing my English finals! xD I think I'm ready to ace that essay.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Lol 2 days ago it was warm and sunny and now it's cold, oh I'll use someone else next time...

Brawl / Project M anyone?
GGs Diddy, your cast is as solid as ever. Can't wait to play you on P:M once I get it :p

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
@ DeadJames, I still don't believe that... Mango ***** Jiggs and for how long has Jiggs been ****** Fox? Or MewtoKing? Mango just experiments and that's why he's pretty much the face of Melee. I watch the Gnw Melee players... They never use Gnw's Bacon throw, they never try to down throw them (and read their tech rolls). They just throw Fair and down air... That's it... Sometimes they use Judgement Hammer.. In like.. Every two years or so X)

Doctor Mario is amazing! Shoom never uses his Up B against Jiggs... He just dash dances and goes for grabs. No down air, no random fair (at times) heck, no cape when he has the chance to gimp someone... I hope he's doing all this now. Haven't beenpaying attention... Finals week xD.. Kirby is another example.

They never use fair, swallow (to spit them out to rack up damage or to copy their ability, which will be useful in the long run). They just never ever experiment.

EVERYONE! YOU GOT TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR CHARACTER! N64,Melee, Brawl, and Project M. Forget about what others say or do. Ignore them and do what you need to do.
Up-b is not a good move offensively for Doc I would assume that's why Shroomed doesn't use it much. His up-b cancel is good in some MUs, but definitely not against Jiggs because she's too floaty for it to lead to combos. Random fairs are also not good, why would you throw out a move randomly and risk getting punished when you can combo into it with a dthrow or uthrow? and I see him use dairs and capes all the time.

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
ggs LoveandBacon :) your wolf has improved sooo much... You use good bair spacing and you stopped smashing as much as you used to

I'd be cool to play you on P:M :)

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Amen.
Thats most likely the main reason the Brawl tier list is so screwed up.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Amen.
Thats most likely the main reason the Brawl tier list is so screwed up.
MK and ICs are the best characters after them the order doesn't really matter because they beat everyone.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
MK and ICs are the best characters after them the order doesn't really matter because they beat everyone.
I cant really process this. To me, your saying
"MK and ICs are the best characters after them order doesn't really matter because they are the best characters"
which is similar to saying
"Steak is the best food nothing else even matters because steak is the best food"

And then I ask.

So it doesnt matter huh? Olimar and Ganon are equal now?

...just sayin'

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I cant really process this. To me, your saying
"MK and ICs are the best characters after them order doesn't really matter because they are the best characters"
which is similar to saying
"Steak is the best food nothing else even matters because steak is the best food"

And then I ask.

So it doesnt matter huh? Olimar and Ganon are equal now?

...just sayin'
Neither of them are winning tournaments so they may as well be.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Neither of them are winning tournaments so they may as well be.
So by that logic. At the beginning of 2013 right after Apex, ZSS was the best character... because since MK, ICs or anyone else didnt win the tournament, "she might as well be" ???????????

...hmm, interesting way of thinking there.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
So by that logic. At the beginning of 2013 right after Apex, ZSS was the best character... because since MK, ICs or anyone else didnt win the tournament, "she might as well be" ???????????

Let's just say they're HARDLY winning tournaments.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
So by that logic. At the beginning of 2013 right after Apex, ZSS was the best character... because since MK, ICs or anyone else didnt win a tournament, "she might as well be" ???????????

And after that Salem has yet to win another major tournament because all the MK players learned how to edge-guard ZSS.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
And after that Salem has yet to win another major tournament because all the MK players learned how to edge-guard ZSS.
And why didnt the MK's know how to edge guard ZSS at Apex but knew how to afterward??? I know the answer, I just want u too say it. ;)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
And why didnt the MK's know how to edge guard ZSS at Apex but knew how to afterward??? I know the answer, I just want u too say it. ;)
Because they didn't know the MU, but lack of MU knowledge doesn't make the rest of the cast any less bad compared to MK, and I include ICs because literally every MU is 50-50 for them, once they get a grab they win.

Top Bottom