• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
xD yay you host.x3
GGs, I'd keep playing but during the Lulu match it started lagging, and the final part of the Ganon one started freezing, so I suppose it will only get worse if we go on

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
GGs, I'd keep playing but during the Lulu match it started lagging, and the final part of the Ganon one started freezing, so I suppose it will only get worse if we go on
Still here Crash?

This was supposed to be an edit...

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
really i didint notice lag 0 _ 0 just u killing me XD thank you for playing with!;3 lets brawl some other time!@ w @ ill get better.>;3

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
really i didint notice lag 0 _ 0 just u killing me XD thank you for playing with!;3 lets brawl some other time!@ w @ ill get better.>;3
The first ones were great, it started to lag (minimum) after the Lucario match, but the during your 3rd stock of the Ganonj match... arghhh Someone using the connection at your place? We can try again and you try hosting

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
The first ones were great, it started to lag (minimum) after the Lucario match, but the during your 3rd stock of the Ganonj match... arghhh Someone using the connection at your place? We can try again and you try hosting
hmm ok but if it lags then maybe another time Dx my connection is pretty whacky .; 3 ;

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
hmm ok but if it lags then maybe another time Dx my connection is pretty whacky .; 3 ;
Hmm, if it's your connection then let me host again. If I leave it's because it went bonkers again

AFK after this

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs! Your Bowser is really good.
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had to leave the house. I wish I could of done more matches with you.

I've been played P.M offline with Ace and X, then when I got online I felt the difference x.x
I have to play online more to get used to it.

EDIT: Didn't want to make you feel like you got Dunnick'd.
It's all good we'll definitely play more sometime.

Edit: Also thank you for the compliment on my Bowser, I've been second guessing myself as a Bowser main lately because I got bodied by an MK player in loser's finals at the last tourney I went to.

Yeah man GGs. That's how I feel, I'm not improving by leaps and bounds any more, I'm improving at very little things. Yeah I prioritize defending the ledge. Fsmash is the only kill move I feel comfortable with lol.
Yeah, I've been trying to work on my neutral game, I keep losing tournaments because of stupid mistakes I took second and third respectively in the past two tourneys I've been to and I'm pretty confident that I have what it takes to win I just need that extra push to break through the wall I've been stuck behind for the past few months, I'm trying to get better at waiting for my opponent to over-extend themselves before I go in, I also need to stop letting people talk me into making stupid decisions, my friend talked me into going Luigi against Strong Bad's Ike, it wasn't pretty lol. Also with Marth, nair can be a pretty good kill option too, but he struggles to kill in general once his opponent's percent is too high to combo into a kill move.

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
Hmm, if it's your connection then let me host again. If I leave it's because it went bonkers again

AFK after this
Thanks kubo!x3 i think in back now.>:3 well after my hands stop hurting ill give u a better match.> w < gg lets brawl some other time

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
It's all good we'll definitely play more sometime.

Edit: Also thank you for the compliment on my Bowser, I've been second guessing myself as a Bowser main lately because I got bodied by an MK player in loser's finals at the last tourney I went to.

Yeah, I've been trying to work on my neutral game, I keep losing tournaments because of stupid mistakes I took second and third respectively in the past two tourneys I've been to and I'm pretty confident that I have what it takes to win I just need that extra push to break through the wall I've been stuck behind for the past few months, I'm trying to get better at waiting for my opponent to over-extend themselves before I go in, I also need to stop letting people talk me into making stupid decisions, my friend talked me into going Luigi against Strong Bad's Ike, it wasn't pretty lol. Also with Marth, nair can be a pretty good kill option too, but he struggles to kill in general once his opponent's percent is too high to combo into a kill move.
Yeah man, to jump that wall, you really have to evaluate and analyze your game. I really started noticing what needs work in my game and noticing how certain people play, and I make the adjustments needed for success. Yeah I believe that you can win some tourneys, I have confidence in you. The neutral game is definitely the most important part to succeed. Friends can be a nuisance lol. I rarely use Nair with Marth, I guess I should try to use it lol.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone like to brawl me?

I got finals week... need to unload for a while :D
I'll play, seeing as how I still haven't played you lol. I'm not going to play too many though, Brawl is... *cough*.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'll play, seeing as how I still haven't played you lol. I'm not going to play too many though, Brawl is... *cough*.
I pretty much gave up Brawl for good after I watched the Smash documentary.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You obviously haven't seen fun brawlers then. Don't worry, I go in all the time. So you can read me like a book X)

Also, how did your Thanks Giving go?

@ DeadJames... hasn't my flashy, fast and none campy style made you enjoy Brawl just a little... D:

EDIT: I'M HOSTING ALEX. THAT COOL?

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
You obviously haven't seen fun brawlers then. Don't worry, I go in all the time. So you can read me like a book X)

Oh boy... FC: 4769.5669.6380, got it memorized lol. Gimme a min to boot up.

My Thanksgiving went well, thanks for asking. My brother came to see me, which is always nice.

@deadjames I watched the documentary as soon as it was announced on TBH3 pre-stream, it's absolutely wonderful.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

@ DeadJames... hasn't my flashy, fast and none campy style made you enjoy Brawl just a little... D:

EDIT: I'M HOSTING ALEX. THAT COOL?
Well you and DAS are by far the most fun Brawl players I've played with, but for the most part I stopped having fun with the game a while ago, but P:M, Evo, and the documentary have all reignited my love for Melee.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh boy... FC: 4769.5669.6380, got it memorized lol. Gimme a min to boot up.

My Thanksgiving went well, thanks for asking. My brother came to see me, which is always nice.

@deadjames I watched the documentary as soon as it was announced on TBH3 pre-stream, it's absolutely wonderful.
Good games Alexo :) Nice Samus! :D Just use some more Zair... forgot you don't play Brawl. I hope I didn't disappoint too much... I messed up so much stuff... Reason? My Attack button was mashed in, so.. I'd imput attacks that are completely random, and above all that, It would effect my jumping, air dodging, and forward smash with Bomb. Thank God my Bomb Slides weren't too bad. Well, good work :) Hope next time I do better tricks, combos, and Zero to Deaths ;)

Happy to read you had a Good Thanks Giving! Keep it that way :D

Night all~

Edit: @ DeadJames, yup, I grew up on 64 and Melee... I try my absolute best to break all that characters are bad and stuff. I had a beast Gnw in Melee. I knew how to read my opponents, without getting wrecked by how bad Gnw is in the air and stuff..

My signature Gnw combo combo was, up throw to up airs, to a double jump down air, to a tech read, and for the finish a Judgement Hammer. If it's a number nine then that's a stock. Who's JiggalyPuff? X)

Other combos where a fair to a double jump down air, to a tech roll, to another down air, and for the finish, an up Smash. He he :D

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Edit: @ DeadJames, yup, I grew up on 64 and Melee... I try my absolute best to break all that characters are bad and stuff. I had a beast Gnw in Melee. I knew how to read my opponents, without getting wrecked by how bad Gnw is in the air and stuff..

My signature Gnw combo combo was, up throw to up airs, to a double jump down air, to a tech read, and for the finish a Judgement Hammer. If it's a number nine then that's a stock. Who's JiggalyPuff? X)

Other combos where a fair to a double jump down air, to a tech roll, to another down air, and for the finish, an up Smash. He he :D
Well I mean being proficient with a character doesn't make them not bad, I main Doc in Melee and I usually do better with him than I can with the high tiers, but he still has a lot of shortcomings, some characters are just objectively better than others that's just an inherent aspect of fighting game design balance can never truly exist in a game with so many characters with so many different play styles, but understanding that and being aware of our characters' weaknesses is one of the things allows us mid and low-tier mains to excel with our characters, imo.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean being proficient with a character doesn't make them not bad, I main Doc in Melee and I usually do better with him than I can with the high tiers, but he still has a lot of shortcomings, some characters are just objectively better than others that's just an inherent aspect of fighting game design balance can never truly exist in a game with so many characters with so many different play styles, but understanding that and being aware of our characters' weaknesses is one of the things allows us mid and low-tier mains to excel with our characters, imo.
QFT.

In all of my past experience with smash games, I have never had a top tier character. Heck, most of the characters I tried to pick up were near the bottom. For some reason, I find it very enjoyable to play characters that are typically underestimated.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
QFT.

In all of my past experience with smash games, I have never had a top tier character. Heck, most of the characters I tried to pick up were near the bottom. For some reason, I find it very enjoyable to play characters that are typically underestimated.
I just play characters that I feel are fun and Melee just happens to be the only game where I main a mid-tier because Doc is my favorite, in 64 I play Mario who's high tier, and in P:M I play Bowser, and even though P:M doesn't have an official tier list, most people consider Bowser high tier.

@Metalbro: I'll play some P:M.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I just play characters that I feel are fun and Melee just happens to be the only game where I main a mid-tier because Doc is my favorite, in 64 I play Mario who's high tier, and in P:M I play Bowser, and even though P:M doesn't have an official tier list, most people consider Bowser high tier.

@Metalbro: I'll play some P:M.
Omw, I'll host

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Good games Alexo :) Nice Samus! :D Just use some more Zair... forgot you don't play Brawl. I hope I didn't disappoint too much... I messed up so much stuff... Reason? My Attack button was mashed in, so.. I'd imput attacks that are completely random, and above all that, It would effect my jumping, air dodging, and forward smash with Bomb. Thank God my Bomb Slides weren't too bad. Well, good work :) Hope next time I do better tricks, combos, and Zero to Deaths ;)

Happy to read you had a Good Thanks Giving! Keep it that way :D

Night all~

Yeah GGs, I didn't feel like waiting on that maintenance period last night lol. Yeah you were definitely doing a bunch of crazy stuff, on a lot of those combos I was like "What... how... no... ". I enjoy Samus, because she is apparently the worst lol. It was nice seeing some cool Brawl stuff, I didn't even understand how most of those combos work lol. You definitely did not disappoint. :)

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
You in Dallas, too? It's awful. :rolleyes:
I'm in Abilene and it's cold here. Most things are shut down here. My wife and kids are all home working on developing cabin fever. I'm here wasting away our funds on the heater :)

EDIT: would anyone like to brawl?

2nd edit: nvm, I think I'll take a nap (:O

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah GGs, I didn't feel like waiting on that maintenance period last night lol. Yeah you were definitely doing a bunch of crazy stuff, on a lot of those combos I was like "What... how... no... ". I enjoy Samus, because she is apparently the worst lol. It was nice seeing some cool Brawl stuff, I didn't even understand how most of those combos work lol. You definitely did not disappoint. :)
Samus is pretty bad, but Ganon is the worst.

@Metalbro: GGs, sorry about that desync on the last match, I guess my texture hack on Yoshi's Island doesn't work online, but I was about done anyway we played for quite a while. It was nice playing with you again after your hiatus though.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's DeadJames. Nice everyone lol. I was experimenting with different characters like Gnw and Ness. I was so surprised I was doing well with Ness. I never use him in any Smash game. I really like his PK fire. You owned me for the most part. You 4 stocked my Fox with your Bowser in that first game lol. I don't know if its possible to play with Fox online, due to all the lag. I think in order to use his AT's there should be a great connection.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GG's DeadJames. Nice everyone lol. I was experimenting with different characters like Gnw and Ness. I was so surprised I was doing well with Ness. I never use him in any Smash game. I really like his PK fire. You owned me for the most part. You 4 stocked my Fox with your Bowser in that first game lol. I don't know if its possible to play with Fox online, due to all the lag. I think in order to use his AT's there should be a great connection.
Yeah I just suck with spacies in general, but I imagine they're pretty difficult online, I do play Pikachu and he's a very technically demanding character as well so I generally try to avoid using him online most of the time, but yeah Ness is very good in P:M, I like him a lot and PK Fire is among the most obnoxious projectiles in the game rivaled only by Falco's lasers, Ivy's Razor Leaf, Mario's fireballs, and Pit's arrows, be careful though it's actually really easy to SDI out of, I was just failing at it lol.

Top Bottom