• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Rage of Myles

Smash Rookie
All I did was fish for grabs in those matches because you were playing characters I could CG, it's not hard to beat someone when they play like that, just saying.

T'is true, I should've just kept my mouth-shut instead of contributing to it, I apologize, it just irks me when someone CGs me then rage-quits when I do the same to them.
I grabbed so much as falco because im trying to learn him and his boost pivot grabbing stuff. That's why I was so easy to grab and kept grabbing you. The cg pika did on fox was utterly ridiculous I literally could not move with the wifi I had no capability of DIing out of it. Plus your taunts were so ******** when I sd'd all im thinking is don't taunt when I die if you weren't even the cause of it.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I grabbed so much as falco because im trying to learn him and his boost pivot grabbing stuff. That's why I was so easy to grab and kept grabbing you. The cg pika did on fox was utterly ridiculous I literally could not move with the wifi I had no capability of DIing out of it. Plus your taunts were so ******** when I sd'd all im thinking is don't taunt when I die if you weren't even the cause of it.
People taunt get used to it, I will never not taunt with Pika because he's adorable, and Fox can't DI out of Pika's CG, until he is at about 110% or so, Falco can escape with a foot-stool if I fail to buffer, which I usually do because wifi, but Pika should be able to CG Falco to about the same percent, he can only CG DK til about 50% or so though. Oh and in the ditto Pika can CG himself to about 50% as well, also there's no need to make excuses about why you were grabbing so much, CGs are a legit tactic and I don't get salty about them, so I really don't care if anyone uses them against me.

Sorry about last night GYK, hit me up anytime today, I'm usually around.

P:M anyone?
I'll play.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
People taunt get used to it, I will never not taunt with Pika because he's adorable, and Fox can't DI out of Pika's CG, until he is at about 110% or so, Falco can escape with a foot-stool if I fail to buffer, which I usually do because wifi, but Pika should be able to CG Falco to about the same percent, he can only CG DK til about 50% or so though.

I'll play.
Awesome.

Rage of Myles

Smash Rookie
People taunt get used to it, I will never not taunt with Pika because he's adorable, and Fox can't DI out of Pika's CG, until he is at about 110% or so, Falco can escape with a foot-stool if I fail to buffer, which I usually do because wifi, but Pika should be able to CG Falco to about the same percent, he can only CG DK til about 50% or so though.

I'll play.
I've never in 5 years of brawl seen the cg pika does on fox I didn't even know it went on that long. As far as I knew it was wifi and delay not letting me get out of the grab which made me think huh this is bs and not worth playing so I quit.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Crap, actually sorry, I hate to cut and run again, but I got a couple things to do around the house, I should be able to play in like a hour or two.

I've never in 5 years of brawl seen the cg pika does on fox I didn't even know it went on that long. As far as I knew it was wifi and delay not letting me get out of the grab which made me think huh this is bs and not worth playing so I quit.
Then you've obviously either been playing bad Pika players, or just don't have experience in the MU at all because Fox has it the worst out of all the characters Pika can CG.

Rage of Myles

Smash Rookie
Crap, actually sorry, I hate to cut and run again, but I got a couple things to do around the house, I should be able to play in like a hour or two.

Then you've obviously either been playing bad Pika players, or just don't have experience in the MU at all because Fox has it the worst out of all the characters Pika can CG.
I only recently have been using fox but have never seen the pika cg past like 2 or 3 grabs tops so I was unaware that he could even do that.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I only recently have been using fox but have never seen the pika cg past like 2 or 3 grabs tops so I was unaware that he could even do that.
On the Pika character discussion there's a thread that shows all the characters he can CG and to what percent if you're interested in knowing.

PZ

Smash Lord
I personally blame wifi for pikas not gettting a simple chaing grab on fox so the words "bad pika players" kinda is not a thing when it comes to wifi. Anything someone does on wifi that isn't dsmash spam is decent.
On a side note, would anyone like to play brawl?

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
I personally blame wifi for pikas not gettting a simple chaing grab on fox so the words "bad pika players" kinda is not a thing when it comes to wifi. Anything someone does on wifi that isn't dsmash spam is decent.
I haven't done many experiments on this, but my hypothesis is that we should play

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Fox is like the easiest character to CG though, you don't even have to buffer it, I will agree that Pika sucks on wifi because it's much harder to buffer, recover, and QaC.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
You still lurking Alexo? If so I'll play some P:M with you, if not I'll play some Brawl or P:M with anyone else.

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games Xad! Lol I couldn't ocntinue playing after seeing knee have have priority for once. Your bowser is very good! I wish you could have used zelda more for I am completely bad at that matchup. I only have ever played one decent or good zelda since playing Fujin in 09' or 10'. Also word of advice for Bowser vs falcon use more ftilt because when you were spacing that thing I couldn't think of much to do besides making you whiff so I can get a dash attack or falcon kick.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games Xad! Lol I couldn't ocntinue playing after seeing knee have have priority for once. Your bowser is very good! I wish you could have used zelda more for I am completely bad at that matchup. I only have ever played one decent or good zelda since playing Fujin in 09' or 10'. Also word of advice for Bowser vs falcon use more ftilt because when you were spacing that thing I couldn't think of much to do besides making you whiff so I can get a dash attack or falcon kick.
Oh, I know about ftilt. It's just that it seemed very unreliable in those matches, probably from the slight delay of Wi-Fi. I tried to do it a lot, but it kept coming out after you hit me, and if I ever tried to use it just a little earlier, you would be too far away and would end up hitting me anyway. So I just gave up on it
And I could use Zelda more next time. I only wasn't using her much there because I don't consider her a secondary.

PZ

Smash Lord
Oh, I know about ftilt. It's just that it seemed very unreliable in those matches, probably from the slight delay of Wi-Fi. I tried to do it a lot, but it kept coming out after you hit me, and if I ever tried to use it just a little earlier, you would be too far away and would end up hitting me anyway. So I just gave up on it
And I could use Zelda more next time. I only wasn't using her much there because I don't consider her a secondary.
Yea the timing on that move on wifi is tricky. I would love to play you offline for that would be some great matches.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, we had some heated matches as always.:)
Yeah haha almost 4 stocked me on that first ZSS vs. Falcon match on PS2. That aside I feel like I'm finally starting to get a handle on her. Also sorry about SD'ing on that match on Yoshi's Island, I realized my texture hack on there desyncs wifi when we played last night, and that random SD with Toon Link of PS1 was just a tech error.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, I was just laughing during that whole thing. The combo by you two was horrible D: I just got smashed! My Ganon can't stand up to Bair TLink that well so I just got carried off.

Lol GG's with the 1v1, I wasn't sure who the other guy was during the FFA (I knew who the Bros were) but suspected it was you. I remember you talking about weird cool wavebounce stuff and figured it was you after you did Quickdraw to Counter (does counter boost momentum like Lucas' PSI magnet?)
I noticed you went for a lot of fancy stuff after I did something awesome to you (random Ganon F-Smashes and Ike F-Smash reads are the best). You were also super greedy, TLink aerial spin attacking me XD? You got a lot of grabs, I like to shield a lot (which is good and bad).
Some of the things that happened were ridiculous like the reverse F-Smash kill for the last match. Most of the characters I played were pretty free, I don't play some of them too much and haven't played Brawl in a bit. I almost got you with my Ganon!
Ha ha! <3 So you're 'P-O', duh! "Player-0 and P-0" ha ha, I told you I'm good with footstool combos. ;) Anytime you find me in Basic, just couch or do some flashy stuff (that will get my attention). Or I'll do some flashy stuff that will get your attention. Yes, that's my signature (Reverse Quick Draw, and a short/full hop quick draw to a counter slide finish). So, yes, it's the same like Lucas's PSI Magnet Pull. I'll also be doing a lot of slow-fall down air offstage (meaning Ike's Spike). My ToonLink is something else, like I know how to punish people, but if some lag gets in the way, then I'll lose my flow. My play-style is a (Fast,smart aggressive, and read game-play). I actually read people quite well, but sometimes, I like to go for those 'WTH' trick kills and obscene kills. Just to make me a unique one. ;) As If I'm not unique already. xD If lag isn't too bad next time, I'll show you my true main 'Link.' ~ Take care bud! Nice playing with you to :) Keep up the good work, Untied-Bros and Player-0!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah haha almost 4 stocked me on that first ZSS vs. Falcon match on PS2. That aside I feel like I'm finally starting to get a handle on her. Also sorry about SD'ing on that match on Yoshi's Island, I realized my texture hack on there desyncs wifi when we played last night, and that random SD with Toon Link of PS1 was just a tech error.
Lol I forgot about that. I just remember when you first went Bowser on Dreamland, I went into god mode, in the beginning, but I still lost lol. Your ZSS is getting much better though.

I hate both Yoshi's anyway lol. I NEED room to run around, that's why I hate Yoshi's Story. Yoshi's Island is just too weird with the shifting platform and the weird slopes at the ledge.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Lol I forgot about that. I just remember when you first went Bowser on Dreamland, I went into god mode, in the beginning, but I still lost lol. Your ZSS is getting much better though.

I hate both Yoshi's anyway lol.
Yeah it bums me out that my texture doesn't work online because it's hilarious it puts Bill Cosby's face on all the flowers, birds, and shy guys, but yeah I hate Yoshi's Island, but I like Yoshi's Story because it's a good Bowser and Marth stage.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

That not right :( I hate to butt in like this... but your Pikachu wasn't a bother, I was making a combo video off you. Don't insult Myles like that James. I truly apologize for butting in, but Myles is a great player, Fox and Pikachu MUis visually impossible to win O-o. Pikachu is fast and he can just grab (other than Ice Climbers that demand on each other to complete the infinite chain grab). Pikachu doesn't and all he has to do is down throw. No special three forward grabs- to down throw, it's just a simple down throw that leads all the way up to 120%. So something like that.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
That not right :( I hate to butt in like this... but your Pikachu wasn't a bother, I was making a combo video off you. Don't insult Myles like that James. I truly apologize for butting in, but Myles is a great player, Fox and Pikachu MUis visually impossible to win O-o. Pikachu is fast and he can just grab (other than Ice Climbers that demand on each other to complete the infinite chain grab). Pikachu doesn't and all he has to do is down throw. No special three forward grabs- to down throw, it's just a simple down throw that leads all the way up to 120%. So something like that.
lol that requires less skill than ice grabbers zero to death dthrow and fthrow cgs lol. pit has a f throw cg of 2-4 times and a useless uthrow chase. Yeah and miles 3 stocked me like 10 times in a session we played lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
That is not true, it's not even close to impossible for Fox to win against Pika, it's not hard to avoid grabs and the CG is pretty much the only thing that sways the MU in Pika's favor, without that it would be evenish, maybe slight advantage Fox, also Fox is much faster than Pika, speed doesn't really factor into whether or not a character has an advantage, Sonic is the fastest character in the game and he's terrible. Also, if you actually read my posts you'd see that I already apologized to everyone who frequents the thread, so there's no need to act all holier than thou. I'm starting to see why Dark Peach got so annoyed with you.

Top Bottom