• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Not allergic to P:M. Its just astounding to see how everyone is into it. I havnt played mele(ever) and Ihavnt played project M since 2.5. Soo, i'm just curious at what its like.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Not allergic to P:M. Its just astounding to see how everyone is into it. I havnt played mele(ever) and Ihavnt played project M since 2.5. Soo, i'm just curious at what its like.
You should get it, 2.6 is pretty good, my only problem with it is how drastically Sonic got nerfed, but other than that it's pretty much better than 2.5 in every way especially since they added Meta Knight and he's still good but not broken.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Anybody wanna play?
GGs DAS~ You're so good haha. I became convinced you're not human when you double perfected-shielded Wolf's ftilt xD Kidding of course, but that still dropped my jaw a little lol

Got any advice for me? On the last 5 or so matches at least, that's when I made the least amount of bad errors haha. I know I have to mix up my recovery more and land more safely, but anything else?

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs DAS~ You're so good haha. I became convinced you're not human when you double perfected-shielded Wolf's ftilt xD Kidding of course, but that still dropped my jaw a little lol

Got any advice for me? On the last 5 or so matches at least, that's when I made the least amount of bad errors haha. I know I have to mix up my recovery more and land more safely, but anything else?

I'm human man alright lol. Well I did notice you got grabbed a lot due to shielding a lot, so I think you should move around a bit more sometimes and not shield as much. Its not always easy to react to things or know for sure what your opponent could be planning while in shield. Make sure not to make spot dodging a habit. Since I don't recall you doing that as much back then.

I tend to sometimes move around my opponent's shield to make them flinch, so sometimes you just have to move around a bit more if able. It helps a bit with reflexes.

Other then shielding you just have to make sure not to be and your opponent's characters range sometimes. Its a bait potentially, but you won't have to shield as often though.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Good games, although it only lasted a few rounds. ;P

It was getting terrible the third game or something.
GGs everyone.

Your Puff is gettin pretty good. I really hate that MU with all of my heart and soul. That MU is ridiculous, almost as bad as Peach and Sheik. Actually, I hate Puff as a character, not really the MU lol.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games, Alexo. ^^

Sometimes our matches go back and forth until last hit, and sometimes we three stock each other. O_o I can't avoid the knee. Every time you re-spawned after a kill, I instantly got nailed with one somehow. Shame we couldn't get doubles in, but that's all right.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Good games, Alexo. ^^

Sometimes our matches go back and forth until last hit, and sometimes we three stock each other. O_o I can't avoid the knee. Every time you re-spawned after a kill, I instantly got nailed with one somehow. Shame we couldn't get doubles in, but that's all right.
That's WiFi for ya, back and forth and then 3 stocks. Yeah I usually fish for a knee when I respawn lol.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone.

Your Puff is gettin pretty good. I really hate that MU with all of my heart and soul. That MU is ridiculous, almost as bad as Peach and Sheik. Actually, I hate Puff as a character, not really the MU lol.
Thanks, I feel as though she fits my play style the best somehow. Marth is a good character but I can't control him, and ZSS is kind of... all over the place. xD Luckily, I never plan on learning Peach or Sheik, their feel just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Or maybe I just like the thought of having such a powerful move that can instantly reset stocks or give a huge lead to either player. ;P

The way you played it I thought it was moderately in Puff's favour, but you kept getting those comebacks. Why the Puff hate though? ;P

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I'm human man alright lol. Well I did notice you got grabbed a lot due to shielding a lot, so I think you should move around a bit more sometimes and not shield as much. Its not always easy to react to things or know for sure what your opponent could be planning while in shield. Make sure not to make spot dodging a habit. Since I don't recall you doing that as much back then.

I tend to sometimes move around my opponent's shield to make them flinch, so sometimes you just have to move around a bit more if able. It helps a bit with reflexes.

Other then shielding you just have to make sure not to be and your opponent's characters range sometimes. Its a bait potentially, but you won't have to shield as often though.
Agreed, agreed. I did actually pick up on you trying to make me flinch towards the end, but rather than trying to punish I'd usually run away because you're scary xD I'll keep all that in mind though, thanks for the advice :p

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I feel as though she fits my play style the best somehow. Marth is a good character but I can't control him, and ZSS is kind of... all over the place. xD Luckily, I never plan on learning Peach or Sheik, their feel just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Or maybe I just like the thought of having such a powerful move that can instantly reset stocks or give a huge lead to either player. ;P

The way you played it I thought it was moderately in Puff's favour, but you kept getting those comebacks. Why the Puff hate though? ;P
I like that one game where I DI'd the rest and ended up winning, that was sick. I'm just extremely uncomfortable vs Puff, because I'm not sure what to do when Puff is attacking. I can't shieldgrab which throws me off. I just need to be super patient and use a lot of Nairs OOS possibly.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I like that one game where I DI'd the rest and ended up winning, that was sick. I'm just extremely uncomfortable vs Puff, because I'm not sure what to do when Puff is attacking. I can't shieldgrab which throws me off. I just need to be super patient and use a lot of Nairs OOS possibly.
I learned two things from that game. U-throw - Rest doesn't kill at 0%, and there's always a chance for a comeback, lol.

True, Jiggly B-air is pretty ridiculous. :p You were actually shielding a ton of my aerials so I didn't know what to do, so then I started trying to grab after aerials, and tried super hard for platform Rest reads, lol.

I should pick up a secondary though, Jiggly can't do everything (although I sure can try...), and I guess playing against the same character over and over again can get boring.

Anyway, good games, I'll be heading off now.

Player -0

Smash Hero
That combo we pulled off though. I f-air smashed P-0's Ganon with Mario then you footstooled him into a d-air with Toon Link. Too good lol.

When I was Wolf, you were focusing me so hard LOL. You jerk XD . I was running from you the whole time during the FFA's when I was at my last stock, and you kept following me, completely disregarding P-0. I was laughing so hard. XD
Yeah, I was just laughing during that whole thing. The combo by you two was horrible D: I just got smashed! My Ganon can't stand up to Bair TLink that well so I just got carried off.

Pewpew awesome Ike Dittos
Lol GG's with the 1v1, I wasn't sure who the other guy was during the FFA (I knew who the Bros were) but suspected it was you. I remember you talking about weird cool wavebounce stuff and figured it was you after you did Quickdraw to Counter (does counter boost momentum like Lucas' PSI magnet?)
I noticed you went for a lot of fancy stuff after I did something awesome to you (random Ganon F-Smashes and Ike F-Smash reads are the best). You were also super greedy, TLink aerial spin attacking me XD? You got a lot of grabs, I like to shield a lot (which is good and bad).
Some of the things that happened were ridiculous like the reverse F-Smash kill for the last match. Most of the characters I played were pretty free, I don't play some of them too much and haven't played Brawl in a bit. I almost got you with my Ganon!

Top Bottom