• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
...It's at times like these that I'm greatful for secondaries.

:006:

Noticing a lot of new faces in here lately.
Welcome, Newcomers, to the Grand Arena--Where violence is always the answer!

I'm sure you all are probably very busy smashing each other to bits, so I will keep this post brief.

*goes on to make long lecture about the little intricacies in a single ball of wax*

...and lastly remember not to double post.

Now that you've all been enlightened.

GO FORTH SMASHERS!~

And may Gods of smash Salem and M2K grant you many Good Wi-Fi.
I don't understand why you highlighted those certain character mains of mine... Something wrong?

Also, ha ha! Good one! :D I prefer Days Of Our Lives X)

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
charizard sucks but Ive always thought it was bad *** he was playable I just wish they gave him more fire based attacks instead of straight up physical hitting ones. As well as more jumps I mean come on he has wings and is a flying dragon metaknight has 5 jumps with wings charizard should of gotten more jumps and better maneuvers in the air

Charizard is too fly to learn fly obviously~<3

To be fair, I do not think that Charizard is all that bad of a character. If you observe his matchups, he doesn't do terribad against MK, since he has the tools do deal with MK at clsoe range, and can play a bit safely with his tilts and flamethrower (juggling will always be a problem tough). He actually does well against IC's, his flamethower and sweetspots are good at getting the two seperated, at which point you can abuse his above-average gimping power to either get an easy kill off nana, or zone them out without fear of the grab. He also does okayish against Falco and beats Marth.

He does have his share of bad matchups, Diddy and Snake can zone him pretty hard, and Pikachu and GaW just do whatever they want with him... But a well played Charizard does have potential, he's not as bad as, say, Ganon or Bowser, at least.

I don't understand why you highlighted those certain character mains of mine... Something wrong?

ToonLink, GnW, and D3 all make Pokemon Trainer sadface pretty hard xD

Like.

GnW just wrecks all 3.

D3 sits on my dinos.

And ToonLink is...well...

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
To be fair, I do not think that Charizard is all that bad of a character. If you observe his matchups, he doesn't do terribad against MK, since he has the tools do deal with MK at clsoe range, and can play a bit safely with his tilts and flamethrower (juggling will always be a problem tough). He actually does well against IC's, his flamethower and sweetspots are good at getting the two seperated, at which point you can abuse his above-average gimping power to either get an easy kill off nana, or zone them out without fear of the grab. He also does okayish against Falco and beats Marth.

He does have his share of bad matchups, Diddy and Snake can zone him pretty hard, and Pikachu and GaW just do whatever they want with him... But a well played Charizard does have potential, he's not as bad as, say, Ganon or Bowser, at least.
Just don't let Charizard get grabbed by Bowser, which is easy to do >:D

Anybody want to play?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Charizard is too fly to learn fly obviously~<3

ToonLink, GnW, and D3 all make Pokemon Trainer sadface pretty hard xD

Like.

GnW just wrecks all 3.

D3 sits on my dinos.

And ToonLink is...well...

Ha ha! Nice! You main PT? Or Charz? Yes, but I never just sit there, I always go in, so I'm free X)

@PrincessAzula, you're welcome! :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fair enough; I was just warding with paralyzer shots, lava wire as supreme spacing tool etc. I noticed how you were trying to distillate a pattern and stuff, and you played quite statically (it worked wonders though!)

As for :marth:, yep.. f-air warding is quite difficult for :zelda: to pierce (exacerbated by WiFi as well..), and you were playing patiently, accordingly. But well I'm just glad to be able to stand my pride against a renowned player as yourself ;)

Furthermore, I like the perceptive and observative playstyle, because it's not as reckless really. I myself prefer an audacious playstyle though (even though it most of the time is particularly hazardous and whatnot..), which at least makes it seem like I'm exerting obtrusive pressure onto my opponent xD

But yeah good games man, and thank you for playing once again. I must confess that I estimated you to have this veil of arrogance cloaking you (sorry for that, but I guess it was just bias from following tournament streams or something), but you have blatantly refuted that.

Oh and also, I'm thrilled to actually battle your :peach: once O.o
People tend to judge me without getting to really know me. Following the words of the idiots in the community who think they know me but really don't at all. Which also makes them an idiot. People who do that and dont actually get to know me through ME are not worth my time, and those morons can see and think as they please. Not important to me.

We can play a lil later today and I'll go Peach. I was going Zelda cause a stream monster who plays her wanted me to use her.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Just don't let Charizard get grabbed by Bowser, which is easy to do >:D

Anybody want to play?

Baha, it's a shame people don't abuse bowser's absurd Grab-release shananygans enough~

The same can be said for bowser at low percents~ ;)

any percent... upthrow v.s. bowser is like... a +4 MU in Upthrow's favor.
Legit.

Ha ha! Nice! You main PT? Or Charz? Yes, but I never just sit there, I always go in, so I'm free X)

@PrincessAzula, you're welcome! :D
Charizard is my childhood hero~

But nah, I'm full-fledged 100% PT main. :p

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Baha, it's a shame people don't abuse bowser's absurd Grab-release shananygans enough~

I'm totally going to pick up PT one day. I think. Maybe.
It's hard to say
I've said the same thing about a lot of characters

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

any percent... upthrow v.s. bowser is like... a +4 MU in Upthrow's favor.
Legit.

Charizard is my childhood hero~

But nah, I'm full-fledged 100% PT main. :p
I want to brawl you D:

You're cool, you're funny, you main Charz! I have been dreaming to find a Charz main! Charz ditto :3 When I finish this project that I'm working on at the moment. Tsk tsk!

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I'm totally going to pick up PT one day. I think. Maybe.
It's hard to say
I've said the same thing about a lot of characters

Ha, that brings back memories <3

I can scarcely count the number of character changes I went thorugh when I first started this game.

Good luck to ya mate. Until then have fun wrecking with the entire roster~ ;)

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Sorry Saimunn i gotta go. GGs tho

I'm such a hypocrit tho. I say i need to use only Yoshi and DDD, yet i go random characters. Meh. I guess it was good since may hand kept missings buttons and loosing a grip on the controller. You could start seeing it in fox, when i started falling apart outa nowhere. Its frustrating how precise you gotta be with him.

Anyway, enough with my jhons, your marth is pretty good at spacing and zoning. Pretty scary. Though, you tend to trap your opponent in a corner and poke in and and and slowly in but wont increase the pressure enough to limit my options. When i'm boxed in at the ledge i can sit for a few seconds and watch your tilts and aerials to decide my best escape. Just increase the pressure.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Ha, that brings back memories <3

I can scarcely count the number of character changes I went thorugh when I first started this game.

Good luck to ya mate. Until then have fun wrecking with the entire roster~ ;)

Oh, it's not like that. I've been maining Bowser forever, and I doubt I'll ever stop maining him.
i just want more secondaries :>

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
kk lets do this

Wow. Your combos were amazing. I dabbled in Link and Ike a bit, but never have I ever stringed together my attacks quite as well as you did. If only there weren't so much lag, I really would have loved to play against you at your best. I struggled to find openings for much of the much. When I had to approach you, I struggled. I could somewhat hold my ground well, but you did a lot better.

That was very fun. Hope to play with you again.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Oh, it's not like that. I've been maining Bowser forever, and I doubt I'll ever stop maining him.
i just want more secondaries :>

Sir, I kindly ask that you hand back my respect.

I've only just met ya n stuff.

And here you had to come and take it just like that.

I want to brawl you D:

You're cool, you're funny, you main Charz! I have been dreaming to find a Charz main! Charz ditto :3 When I finish this project that I'm working on at the moment. Tsk tsk!
Gaw.

I'd love to play Rocksmash Charizard ditto's with ya doode <3
Unfortunately... I haven't so much as looked at a brawl disc in months.

I'm still saving up to buy a new wii, they're not too expensive now, but other priorities getting in the way :ohwell:

:009:

I'm not going to forget ya though. First thing when I get a new wii, you'll be one of the first people I look for ;)

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
no u were amazing i had lots of fun i love your jiggly puff nice games keep up the great work i hope 1 day me and u are beast and we can play again sometime

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink

Gaw.

I'd love to play Rocksmash Charizard ditto's with ya doode <3
Unfortunately... I haven't so much as looked at a brawl disc in months.

I'm still saving up to buy a new wii, they're not too expensive now, but other priorities getting in the way :ohwell:

:009:

I'm not going to forget ya though. First thing when I get a new wii, you'll be one of the first people I look for ;)
kk thank you it will be alot of fun JK

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739

It's in the X. I hear everyone who has a pronounced X in their username (e.g. not XxSephirothxX) is destined to gain the most respect out of anyone. I just have sort of a magnet pull (ignore the whole "opposites attract" thing, as that implies my magnet is very disrespectful)

Anybody want to play?!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Sorry Saimunn i gotta go. GGs tho
GGs indeed!

I'm such a hypocrit tho. I say i need to use only Yoshi and DDD, yet i go random characters. Meh. I guess it was good since may hand kept missings buttons and loosing a grip on the controller. You could start seeing it in fox, when i started falling apart outa nowhere. Its frustrating how precise you gotta be with him.
Yeah I did notice how your game deteriorated throughout the :fox: games.. Quite a pity, because you do know how to capitalise on his velocity and agility.

And dat :dedede: lol; suuuuch a hoooorrible match-up for :marth: T.T no johns lulz. Your :dedede: is quite the dormant adder; appearing to be a solid statue, and suddenly striking whenever he discerns the enemy exposed.. xd

Anyway, enough with my jhons, your marth is pretty good at spacing and zoning. Pretty scary. Though, you tend to trap your opponent in a corner and poke in and and and slowly in but wont increase the pressure enough to limit my options. When i'm boxed in at the ledge i can sit for a few seconds and watch your tilts and aerials to decide my best escape. Just increase the pressure.
Thanks man, I feel like I'm playing more minutely and more conscientiously when I'm playing :marth: right now. Like not 'just' spamming f-air, but also trying to encroach on the opponent's options as well (and attempting to utilise his entire moveset optimally in the endeavour). Yeah, I suppose that I could be a bit more assertive at the edge, but this variant of edgeguarding can be quite compelling as well, if the timing is correct xD. What would you otherwise suggest to do? Like move-specifically? Thanks anyway, and also for the feedback in advance!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

People tend to judge me without getting to really know me. Following the words of the idiots in the community who think they know me but really don't at all. Which also makes them an idiot. People who do that and dont actually get to know me through ME are not worth my time, and those morons can see and think as they please. Not important to me.
Okay well I suppose that if you approach said biased people with a somewhat diplomatic and polite tone that it would actually be beneficial to your reputation. Nevertheless, if you do indeed not care for that, then I suppose that you could naturally reject those people in whatever manner (as long as it remains within the boundaries of courtesy, in my opinion).

We can play a lil later today and I'll go Peach. I was going Zelda cause a stream monster who plays her wanted me to use her.
Lawwdd, gotta feed the everlasting stream of impetuous WiFi-warriors right? ;d

I'm afraid that I myself will not be able to brawl anytime later today, whereas it's already 03:00ish at my whereabouts. But we'll surely brawl another time, right?!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
How strange, for a while I've actually watched that show with my mom * Yes I know i'm weird for that*

I forgot to say that I can't help but to know what goes on every episode with Sami or E.J, etc.

Top Bottom