• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
^^ if u drive lik a bag lady. i can get there in 2-3
Pittsburgh is 305 miles miles from Philadelphia. Not including the local driving at either end of the trip or a gas stop, thats an average speed of 100-150 miles per hour.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: for your own safety, DO NOT carpool with kingtoon!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv been there twice. for tash2 it wasnt that bad but for steel city it was hell lol. god what an awful trip lol, though worth it in the end

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
iv been there twice. for tash2 it wasnt that bad but for steel city it was hell lol. god what an awful trip lol, though worth it in the end
HEY! that trip was one of the funniest trips ever... stopping at mcdonald's... Rogue pit is probably still waiting for his McFlurry! hahahaha

Edit: oh and let's not forget the amount of driving i did all in ONE day

an hour from Allentown to Philly, an hour from Philly to Reading, 4 hours from Reading to PGH, 4 hours back to Reading, an hour back to Philly from Reading, AND an hour from Philly back to Allentown.

that's 12 hours of driving! the other 12 hours was spent playing brawl... ugh! i hate this game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It was hell, but it was certainly fun hell (I suppose if that makes sense lol). The bad part mainly being the lack of sleep. Props to you and fury for the trip, and all the extra driving you did including Philly in the mix. I also had to throw in a train ride to Philly and back from Atlantic City before and after the tourney.

10pm Friday night - left AC
11:30pm - Arrived in Philly
1:00am - Nasty picks up me rogue and com
2:00am - We get to Furys
7:00am - We leave for Pitts (or was it earlier or later?)
12:00pm - We arrive just on time almost passing out followed right away with our whole car DESTROYING doubles with me/rogue, fury/nasty, and com/fishy taking top 3
4:00pm - com and I make quick work of singles
11:00pm - We leave Pitts making stops highly considering spending the night at a motel and making workers at McDonalds hate their lives
5:00am - We arrive at Furys
SLEEP FOR ONLY TWO HOURS ****
7:00am - Nasty drives us to Philly
9:00am - I take a train to AC
11:00am - I'm home

_umbra_

Smash Champion
maybe if it wasn't the same day as slimfest 5 :(

i'll let javi and a few others know about it but most smash players in northeast pa will be at slim's house drinking

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
He actually doesn't, and neither do I.

However, being a panelist, I have to care about the date ranking end, so I agree with MLG Columbus being the last tournament of this season.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Wow, it got quiet in here. I mean, it was never really THAT loud to begin with, but still.

UFB tried to rep PA at Asylum, but our only notable moment was Squall and King toon (lolspace) getting third in doubles. Sorry folks. /substance

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also me, lunar nova, and vorosh are sort of reppin philly haha. Thanks to Rin and Kasumi who rep west chester, but we are all pa haha thats all that matters. :D (we are all trying to get better)

Top Bottom