• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
As much as I don't want to joke about this, coincidentally you did lose to team swine flu on Friday lol
jk

no serious this shouldn't be joked about it. There's multiple people getting sick and it's certainly a course for concern with tournaments. everyone take this seriously and try to be careful at tournaments. wash your hands a lot, dont share controllers, cough into your sleeve or something. dont travel when sick.

---

in other news, its been over 2 months since our last rankings, shouldnt the next one be coming up soon? smurf asked about it earlier and we should consider doing it very soon.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Oh believe me I thought about the irony right away when I realised it could be swine flu. I remember telling hat i feel sick and he said "SWINEFLU?"

I actually laughed about it...then threw up XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Looking through the wins and losses of PA players from BR2 really surprises me @_@
Rankings are going to be so different this season, so many people are stepping it up

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
In the last 300 days Swine Flu killed slightly more people then leprosy.

It way over-hyped by the Media and is only slightly worse then the regular flu. If you are scared of Swine Flu because you think you might get sick and die, then I would be surprised if you rode in a car because you have about at least 10 times as much of a chance to die in car accident then from swine flu.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Quote:
Ever since friday i've been having very bad headaches and have been nauseous. Just before we left from the little tourny we went to I threw up and was freezing the entire ride back. I housed ally and Pierce and even they noticed how much I was shaking and stuff.

Saturday I woke up and told Ally and Pierce that I didn't feel well enough so I stayed home. My mother walked in asking me to take my temp. and it was 102.6. Suprisingly it dropped back down to 99.1 within an hour. Sadly once again, I threw up saturday as well.

Today I woke up and wasn't feeling as bad so I decided to go to a Yugioh tourny for fun. I felt light headed most of the time. Afterward we went to go get food and as I was walking to the area in which I order, I coughed and it sent a sharp pain threw my kidneys and winded me for a second. I came home and felt even more light headed and nasuseous. My mother took my temp. and it was 100.6. I layed on her bed with a ice pack bandana'd to my head XD. It cooled me down and brought my temp. to 99.7. It was at this time(less then 20 mins ago) that I came into my room to talk with Safara. Suddenly, I started to feel pressure on the left part of my chest, and my glands started to feel swollen. I decided to let my parents know I was gonna take a shower. Just before I got in however, I vomited again. This time it hurt a lot more.

I'm getting very worried and I would really like for people to not joke about this. If anyone can help me in anyway(I mean seriously help) please let me know okay.

Thanks a lot in advanced.

~Atomsk

Edit: Just checked my temp. again and its 100.4.
Ouch, hope you feel better. Have you seen a doctor yet?

And I'm suprised that some smashers actually play ygo. I'll have to make sure to bring my cards whenever i get to a tourney lol.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Either way, I probably won't be going to any more tournaments this month. I'd be really surprised if I still stay on the list since I really don't have many notable wins... Actually, I really don't have many wins... Actually... yikes. I might not even be on the honorable mentions.

I guess I'll just have to get on the rankings list the same way I did last time: sleep with the panelists <3

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I did horrible this season. So few wins, losing to the same people over and over again, and I don't even have an OoS tourney. If BtL wasn't this weekend, I'd probably go to Inui's to fulfill that requirement, but at this point......meh.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap i need another tourney me thinks.

:093:

Zucco

Smash Master
Cam move to NJ! you beat Boss in low tiers and that would count for the PR over here!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
activity is on judges discretion but pretty much means 2 tournies minimum

we could cut it after the weekend of nov 20th. theres a tourney in PA or MD that weekend (im not sure which state, i think its right around the border).

we dont need to include nov 28th weekend since thats thxgivnig weekend and there wont be any tourneys

as for tournies that have happened so far that PA ppl were at:
-VGXPOs
-Restricted Area
-Battle Royale 2
-DSO 9 & 10
-Viridian City 6

am i missing any?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
well, there were two ridiculously small ones (<10 people lol) that would make cost requirements, one scranton one state college...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sub 10 people with $10 entry fees? lame lol
but i guess we can use em

but since judges discretion is for activity, tbh I'm not sure how 1 normal tourney + 1 of those would help for passing eligibility requirement, since you would hardly play that many ppl at a <10 person tourney, but we'l check it out. if u could link to the results that would help

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Maybe I should hold a tournament in my dorm so cam can be eligible and fishy can sleep with me.
yessss plz

activity is on judges discretion but pretty much means 2 tournies minimum
yessss plz xD

Cam move to NJ! you beat Boss in low tiers and that would count for the PR over here!
lol, oh so true...I'd probably be going to more tournies too :/
btw good ****, your lucario was nasty this past weekend. can I just sub you in whenever I have to play an ICs? lmao

:093:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
C3 is a tad much, though a lot of MD tournies are really close. The biggest problem with PA is drivers. Everytime we get an awesome driver that is willing to drive a lot, they end up practically quitting smash lol.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Yea there aren't enough tourney's in MD. :x Seems like 80% end up being in VA. C3 is still probably gonna take me an hour and a half ><

Hopefully someone will host a MD tourney soon.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
oh thats the same day as c3, but earlier. I'm going to that, then going to c3 after singles! I'm trying to get a lot of competing in that day lol

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
PA is a joke. LAST PR from the summer? come on.
PA is definitely not a joke. I mean, just look at these fantastic results from Battle Royale II!

Low Tiers:
1: Pink Fresh (Lucas) ($96.00)
2: Boss (Mario) ($48.00)
3: GIMR(Ness) ($16.00)
All bolded names are PA players who, wait, hmm... hang on a second. Our own tourney, low tiers placing in the money = ...?
4: Ally(falcon)
5: No Idea(samus)
5: Cam(sonic)
7: Takeover(Ike)
7: Pierce(mario)
Ahhh, 1 out of 8 at our own tourney actually being won by somebody in-state. Much better.

Doubles
1: Pierce + Ally (Pierce + Ally) ($204.00)
2: Dotagreen (Boss + Logic) ($102.00)
3: Blue J and TJ (Hat + ADHD) ($34.00)
Get at us New Jers.. Oh wait....
4: We Gon' Throw **** At Ya 2: The Return of The **** (.Com + Vex)
5: Keitaro and Xzax (Chibo + Xzax)
5: Mind Games (Smurf + Bryan)
7: Overpowered (Takeover + Coney)
7: Grape and Hooch (Grape **** + Hooch)
That's right. THREE out of the top eight, none of which ended up winning any kind of money whatsoever. Hefty improvement there.

Singles
1: Ally(snake) ($312.00)
2: ADHD(diddy) (forfeit) ($156.00)
3: Zucco(lucario)($52.00)
4: Logic(Olimar)
5: Boss(luigi, mario?)(forfeit)
5: Meep(ice climbers)
7: Takeover(snake)
7: GIMR(ice climbers, ness)
I don't even need to point this out since clearly, PA is one of the top states as evidenced by the gross abundance of bolded names in the singles list.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
actually there was 4 teams in that top 8, grape and hooch are PA. and it was hooch's first tourney lol

include top 9 in singles!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
can ppl for real step it up, tell me if im missing any tourneys, and start to post their results?

was there any elligible north PA tourneys? if there isnt even one, then practically everywhere but reading and PA is inactive

_umbra_

Smash Champion
sure, if we go by only the cost requirement we have:

Scranton tournament (forget date) $7 venue + $13 singles
1. Umbra
2. Melon
3. Javier
4. Fishy
5. Matt L
i think there was 1 or two more but honestly I forget

Random tournament in my dorm ($10 singles):
1. Umbra
2. Jmoan
3. Mav
4. Bushido Wolf

spectacular turnouts all around!

also, I'll be stepping down as a panelist indefinitely, I'm going to be taking a break from competetive smash for a while -_- RL is gay atm. Please don't put me on the rankings either, since I won't be at a tournament for a while.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yea, and now I regret using MK in that set rawr. SHOULD HAVE USED BOWSER THIRD GAME :( Oh well, I'm probably dropping Bowser and going to learn a character that can win.
Use who YOU feel your best at; don't give into the dark side of Mk D:
What happened to GW? You used him on me and umbra in doubles. O_o

Also, I must ask, where did Falco come from?

And yeah, I'm inactive this time. Only tourney I made was Br2 ;_;. I don't think those dorm tourneys should count, they were either too small or too little money.

Top Bottom