• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
We talk trash and troll yall because we want u guys to be good. It does take some sacrifice to be good at this game. u have to actually want to be good at it and put in the time and effort to get there. traveling and gonna to get the practice is a step u have to take to. kinda like M@V said. iuts not our duty to get u guys good. thats something ur gonna have to want urself and reach for. lol im makin it sound so hard like smash is a lifestyle or somethin. it kinda is tho.

once u reach that plateau of skill tho then u wont have to play as much because u will already be good at adapting to and reading people

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Why aren't there any tournaments in Philly or Pennsylvania in general? I'm just curious is all. Also, are there any players in Philly that do smashfests or whatever on weekends occasionally? Philly is like an hour and a half from where I live which for me is actually the closest that there is for smash related stuff lol

GOTM

Smash Champion
me and chibo used to host a lot in philly when we were both at drexel. scar used to also host plenty of tournaments in philly before he moved to cali. this was all over like a year ago now.

people moved on, graduated, started working full time, smash stopped, and thats pretty much it. we all kind of just play whenever we have time now. recently, probably b/c of velocity more than anyone, the scene in philly has kind of sparked a little bit in terms of willingness to travel, but it never really died. i know people never stopped playing and would of never turned down a chance to play even while tournaments were scarce.

for everyone getting into melee now, it kinda sucks, but when i got into it back in '06, there werent many better spots to be in for smash. then you got all the old school players like pakman/cactuar/etc. - hit em up, they'll still play, lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
drexel was like the central spot for everything smash in 06, was amazing, nothing like it - the true golden days

then every single year people either dropped out of school, switched schools, or graduated

then scar graduated, then gotm graduated, then i graduated, all 3 years in a row and it really hurt tournaments

and somewhere in the middle of it all beat moved to georgia, that wasn't good for melee or brawl

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well that sucks lol. I just applied to Drexel like a couple days ago too. I don't know if I would end up going to Drexel anyway, but still lol. Ah well, hopefully there is still a few people in philly that I'd be able to practice with. I mainly play brawl, but I'm getting into melee too.

Robfox

Smash Lord
It's clear the ones who can't travel is not anyone else's responsibility i'm just sayin it's easier said than done.
Im good but I want to "get better". That determination & want only goes so far when other things need to be done.
Travelin can **** ur pockets up, U should know that 1st hand (KT) ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
Why aren't there any tournaments in Philly or Pennsylvania in general? I'm just curious is all. Also, are there any players in Philly that do smashfests or whatever on weekends occasionally? Philly is like an hour and a half from where I live which for me is actually the closest that there is for smash related stuff lol
I have a bi-annual brawl/melee tournament series in Pittsburgh. But thats about it for western PA smash. Sometimes someone else will hole a melee/brawl tourney as well.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Philly is the only good part of PA with top level players and anyone who lives close to philly can get top level practice almost anytime they want. im down to play with people if they want and kno vex is and xzax can on teh weekends sometimes. its just a matter of coming to get the good practice. it sucks if u dont live around anyone to play with...were sorry for ur misfortune. But anyon whio lives remotely close to philly can hit me up anytime if they tryna practice.

I woullda never been as good as i was if it wasnt for vex practice. and if people want id be willing to give out KT practice to whoever wants it. dont kno if its as good as vex practice tho.
Where do you guys usually play? I should hook up with you all while I'm on break.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Who the f is going to ROM? I kind of want to go but I wouldn't want to take any more days off work this year. Is someone going just for Sat/Sun and not staying at a hotel or something more than that?

I'll split gas wit someone. I'm prob gonna confirm if I'm going or not within a couple weeks. And who would team with me ;) haha

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can probably loan you one if you want. I still have the 5 TVs in my car from CLASH lol, and I have 1 more in my house I can use, and about 2 more in my garage. Are all of your grandparents TVs broken? I thought there was two of them and only one broke. If you have a Goodwill near you (I know there is one in Norristown, but you can probably find one closer), buy a TV from there. That's where I got like 4 of my TVs for $20-30, and they work fine. Bring your cube into the store and test it there before you buy it.

btw how do you get on AIM through Gchat now?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Velocity was so *** then LOL, so was I though, my fox is rapidly getting better though in my opinion. It's mostly just a matter of consistency now for me.

:phone:

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I have a bi-annual brawl/melee tournament series in Pittsburgh. But thats about it for western PA smash. Sometimes someone else will hole a melee/brawl tourney as well.
Pittsburgh is a little bit too far for me. I could come out to Pittsburgh during like a school break or over the summer, but I can't otherwise. The only area in PA I'd be able to go out to would be just Philly for right now.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Yea right we'll get *****. But that day we won haha. Vex had his chances 1v1 vs me at the end same percent one stock left each and he got *****

Hahaha vex is still the man

:phone:

GOTM

Smash Champion
Velocity, you're going to ROM 4 right? Chibo and I want to go, and I haven't talked to anyone about rides yet, but I won't be able to drive.

Are you driving? If so, what's you're current carpool looking like? I'd prefer (and I'm sure Chibo would too) to not take one car for two people, but we won't be able to go with anyone unless they aren't leaving until Friday night and they are also coming back Sunday night.

Would anyone going to ROM 4 be up for like a Friday night Smashfest at someones house and then we all just leave from there Saturday early as ****?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
idfk either

edit:

"DIRECTIONS FROM PENN STATION IN NYC!

From Penn Station, you can take a train that goes to Secaucus, then at Secaucus transfer to a train thats heading towards Spring Valley and stop at Nanuet"

Top Bottom