• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
would anyone be down for melee rankings after ToS2 this weekend? We could prob whip up a nifty top 5 to kick start the scene again, then start next season with mad2

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yah that kool if you need any help from me let me know. I'll ask Jon about it and stuff.

Robfox

Smash Lord
lol brawl wise yes philly is (was) the only active PA scene
State C has about wat 10 active ppl nd about only 2 ppl travel so.......yea lol
Dawg im in lancaster, how do U think I feel -_____-
@BS - Well, it feels weird something tells me Umbra & I are going to have a love/hate relationship LOL

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Pittsburgh has a pretty okay number of active Melee players, depending on what you consider active. I'm pretty sure Taki, Nakamaru, The_Lake, Carroll, SilentSwag, gouda, Laundandus, and I have all been to at least two or three tournaments starting with RoM3.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
yeah i'm gonna go get a visa gift card soon and take care of bus tickets and registration

if something comes up and i can't make it, can i get a refund or sell my spot to someone else?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok so I've been to only 4 tournies this season <_<
Probably my smallest yet

Ummm.... Do we even have five active players?? >_>

Pound 5
Axs 2
Smash Hit!
Mass Madness Legends

Wins

Pwii
D-Torr
Iliad
Meno
Boss
King~
Hot$
TommyGreenShirt
Vibe
dmbrandon
Phoenix Lord
Majority
Sails
C.Awesome
Cheese

Losses

Seibrik
KirinBlaze
ChuDat
Trela
Dr. Grandpa
PikaPika
Ally
Shadow
Bloodcross
Bizkit

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Things are looking tough for PA right now. I dunno how you guys could assemble a top 10 this season with the current rules. Might have to bypass some rules for this season and allow players to get ranked with only 2 tournies.

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just end it at njny's next season, which happens to be after cot5

until then however..... THIS IS THE TIME OF THE BO

M@v

Subarashii!
I...Might be active by then.

Only tourney I'm planning to make is COT5. Maybe I should get another/hope scheduled since I now know I actually have the weekends free to run it...

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I...Might be active by then.

Only tourney I'm planning to make is COT5. Maybe I should get another/hope scheduled since I now know I actually have the weekends free to run it...
Unless you got better your not going to be ranked unless we have dont have 10 active members, im even trying to bust that hard its just the truth.

M@v

Subarashii!
Unless you got better your not going to be ranked unless we have dont have 10 active members, im even trying to bust that hard its just the truth.
Who said I'm trying to get ranked? I honestly don't care about your opinions , but your always acting immature. I post, then your on me like flies on ****.

For no reason.

At all.

I got tons things more important to do than smash, a.k.a trying to not fail at life. Always have, always will.

Rankings are more of an "Oh that's nice I guess." thing to me. The things I care about most are having fun, and from a competitive standpoint, my placings in tourneys, not necessarily rankings.

PS the reason I brought up another /hope is because I promised I'd do my best to run bi-annual tourneys in western PA to the COMMUNITY. And we always get suprisingly good turnouts for such an "inactive" region.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you announce the date early for the next Pittsburgh event and it doesn't conflict with anything big I will be there.

As long as you announce it early, cause I gotta get on dat cheap MegaBus status

and I love that venue

M@v

Subarashii!
I do agree. Its still my favorite venue out of every tourney I've been to. MLG is a contender, but they only gave out free Dr.Pepper. I got a whole free soda fountain.

And if I hold it past july 28th, we can go drinking (if we got a driver) ^_^.

I'll see if I can call the venue tomorrow or friday and get the dates when they are open. The question is if I should do a 1 or 2 day....either way its going to be melee and brawl. We actually have a melee scene here ya know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if its melee and brawl do 2 day, and il be there for both

you dont need to be 21 for drinking lol, just for it in public, which is more expensive lol

i wouldnt say best venue next to mlg, but very good. idk, my favorite venues are (in no order):
-mlg venues
-your bar or w/e it is
-van r philly venue (cot3 brawl/BtL2/spoc9/other)
-1949 venue (spoc series)
-game underground (mass madness)
-fusion (even though the tourneys haven't been the best, the venue is huge, cheap, and in a location that I like, even though others don't like it lol)

and for the sake of conversation, worst venues (in no order):
-vc9 (for being the worrrrrsssstttt)
-bum's gamer day venue (for being miraculously unsafe and in the worst area possible lol, not to mention it was about 95 degrees throughout the whole tourney)
-espot (flip of fusion, awesome tourneys but I don't like the venue as much - worse location, small)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I can't believe you guys are not saying the Battle Royale venue was the best (the planetarium).. it was incredible.

The worst venue i've been to? hmm, maybe when TGP moved to the back garage in the middle of winter and there was no heat.. that **** sucked.. oh and the Viridian City venue was kinda small for the amount of attendance.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the planatarium def wasn't bad. it's like a tier 2 for me along with like ktar4+ and stuff. only reason is because it's not too close to anything convenient for like lunch and stuff, and it can't be used that often. only like 2 events were hosted there and it can't be done any more.

Top Bottom