• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
ill break it down. M@V = SHippo becasue well wo da hell is gonna lose to M@V lol.

and ur PIerce becasue u have all the knowledge of this game but u cant use it to save ur life. and ur a meme

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
yo chocobo. i would be up for bein on the panel in takin kaylo spot as another UFB member. and i think i have been around long enuf and al that jazz to say im not bias.

M@v

Subarashii!
As of now he is. As far as I know the panel will be 2 Philly, 1 OoS, and 2 central/west PA(Umbra and I)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
requirements for rankings

3 philly - since we are the biggest scene
1 state college - small and mad bias lol
1 OOS - for no bias

and if we do it M@V way there should be 2 philly. 1 Kings Court and 1 UFB. for the 2 crews in philly. Ill take up the spot for UFB

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lmao @that picture.

Also, I support Kenny taking my spot over another "other PA" person. (Although Umbra would be a good pick too.) As much **** as he talks, he knows players and isn't really that biased when he's being serious.... I think at least one UFB person should be on the panel. ;-;

M@v

Subarashii!
requirements for rankings
3 philly - since we are the biggest scene
1 state college - small and mad bias lol

Almost fell out of my chair.
and you guys aren't the least bit biased right?

Its funny as well because you seem to be the only person not realizing umbra is trolling the **** out of you while everyone else knows he's a sensible person(And a former panelist)

Like I said im not sure the whole panel, I just know the talk was 2 philly 1 oos 2 central/west.

M@v

Subarashii!
and if we do it M@V way there should be 2 philly. 1 Kings Court and 1 UFB. for the 2 crews in philly. Ill take up the spot for UFB

I'm fine with that as long as everyone else is. I think smurf was wanting the second philly spot, not sure though, so talk to him I guess. the only things I know were in stone were chibo me keitaro likely umbra and mystery 5th person.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Every crew should get equal rep... either 1 each or 2 each

idc if they're both from philly 2 seperate crews should get seperate reps

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
For whatever it's worth, I hardly consider myself a KC member anymore. Dead crew thread, mad people leaving, it's w/e

vVv is my crew

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
ur on rankings regardless chibo. nothing gets done witout u.

Chibo - Head of PA tourny hype scene
KT - UFB
M@V - GE
Keitaro - OOS
Vex/Nasty? - KC

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No I mean like I have no reason to have any bias for or against KC or UFB since I'm not a part of neither.

Supposedly Smurf was chosen to replace Nasty at the end of last season afaik, and Kaylo requested to resign. The panel voted for the 5th member and we chose Umbra. There should be a meeting tonight at 10pm.

2 Philly (South East PA)
2 Non-Philly (North West PA)
1 OOS

perfect balance

North West PA has over double of the active members this season which is why another NW PA rep was needed. 1 was fine before, but rankings this period will likely be around a 6/4 split of SE to NW or something.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
so we got Chibo Smurf Mav Me and Keitaro? that's dumb, UFB deserves a rep even if it makes an even number -_-

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
after all my vouching for u chibo this how u repay me u peice of ****.

there spose to be a member from each crew on the rankings. i swear on my life chibo if u dont do it right ur life will be hell at pound and from every tourny i ever see u at again.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
IMO

GE: Me and Mav
UFB: KT and they pick another
UHHHH: Chibo?
and 1 OOS i don't see why it's necessary but you all love the NJ **** now for some reason

M@v

Subarashii!
Kinda going with umbra. I love keitaro and all, but is he really necessary? Wouldn't any bias be canceled out by the different regions?

EDIT: Chibo got a point too.
I
I
V

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That's 6 players. What's the big deal about crew representation? As I just said KC has one member, who cares. We have area representation. Representation is based on knowledge, not bias. Are we supposed to have one+ people for each crew to argue for their members for them to be higher? No, not how it works. I don't care who is ranked where lol. Representation is done so their players and area are provided sufficient knowledge. Take me for example. I'm from Philly but not in UFB or KC, however I know just as much about every Philly player's results compared to any of their crew members. What I don't know however are the status of North West PA players as well, which is why we have Mav and Umbra. They (at least Mav has) been to every tournament up there, know their players well, can provide quality information.

You're too worried about bias n stuff. People have been chosen based on their ability to discuss in an orderly manner, be prompt for meetings and discussions, have a lot of knowledge about the scene (especially the one they come from), and the ability to show that they can do this good.

Don't worry KT, you're still gonna be #1 lmao

Edit: about keitaro, if you guys are afraid of anyone being biased, then you should want keit on since he isn't even a part of our state. the key thing with including NJ is that we are present at a lot of NJ events, and a lot of our results come from there. having a NJ player gives us insight on these results, how they tie to their scene, etc. Keitaro has also proven to be one of the best panelists in every season, he never dissapoints

M@v

Subarashii!
My only problem with all this is that whatever happens, we better not have 6 panelists. Even numbers of panelist is bad news, but everyone should know this.

Now excuse me, I have to get back to this homework I've been procrastinating on.
:3

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Tant you are the true definition of an internet thug lol. You're talking gangsta speak on the boards, bad grammar and all, pretending to be tough and then disguising it as trolling when the going gets tough. I dare you to say any of those demeaning things to a PA player's face. I guarantee you won't.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
IMO crew is just as important as area for representation. I'll hate on them cause they're a philly crew, but UFB is big and good. You can go ahead and apportion panelists based on area, but they definitely deserve one of the philly spots. The issue I have with this isn't necessarily about bias, it's about fairness. Every crew deserves representation... if one of the main crews is entirely kept out of the ranking discussion, I would find it hard to consider those rankings legitimate.

I also have no doubt that keitaro makes a good panelist, I just don't see having someone out of state as being necessary.

see, this is what happens when you go and make me a panelist <3

Top Bottom