• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

lord karn

Smash Master
Did you guys know Fox has 16 frames of invincibility when he wavelands off the edge? Pichu is the only character with more, with 17 frames. Falco is next with 15. For real, if people master this, you can do pretty much anything safely.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Did you guys know Fox has 16 frames of invincibility when he wavelands off the edge? Pichu is the only character with more, with 17 frames. Falco is next with 15. For real, if people master this, you can do pretty much anything safely.
What the...

***** gay

Ice Climbers only get 11

:(

He's a scholar and a gentleman.

@David

looooooooool

justice

Smash Ace
grounded shine with falco is pretty easy.

waveshine oos, i have deemed almost impossible for a mere mortal with ganon techskill.

i've always wanted to though. it'd be sooo ****.
Just learn how long it takes falco to jump off the ground (Which is kinda slow response wise). Then after you get that timing just start practicing replacing it with shine without leaving the ground. Then after move on doing it out of shield. Then you just kinda start learning to wavedash out of it. It just requires you to not be unsure and just put in all the commands. It's kinda easy once you realize what you are doing. After you know it replace it with muscle memory so you don't over think it.

justice

Smash Ace
Just posting to say that I LOVE Justice's sig.

I remember that vid from years ago. She tore it up.
I just want to say thank you P*L*U*R*.. You seriously got me into Shuffle /jumpstyle. Since that new ice climber wave dash video. I love that video so much....

Do you have the link to the original video I was looking for it honestly?
I just didn't openingly say it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm up. I don't really want to be awake right now, but I have this restlessness. The weight of everyone, of their expectations, of their hopes and all, a lot of it rides on how I do and how I improve. I sometimes wonder if it's enough, but now is not the time for that.

With Pound approaching, I know more people than ever are counting on me(USA to keep EU from securing a win, Melee community to keep floaties from winning, South to have a champion, NC supporting their own, even my non-smash friends ask me about pound). I want to do well for myself, but the added pressure of succeeding for others makes my life all the more difficult.

I've studied, and conversed with others, trained diligently and gone over my mental as well as typed notes as much as possible. The more prepared I am the more I worry I won't remember it all. This is the first time in a long time that I've had such nerves prior to a tournament.

I guess the reason I wrote this is because I needed to let it out of me, if only for a moment. I also want you guys to know that it's not easy being me/in a position like mine. I'm not asking for responses or pity or attention or whatever, but if you guys could continue to support me like you always have, then that makes my life a lot easier.

Also, by some miracle I become best in the world, please don't turn on me. <.<

-my thoughts

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dude Kev you got this. Seriously, you stand a good chance of wining pound even if you haven't improved since WGF. Piece of cake. CAKE. This is your time. Anyone that gets in your way will be crushed. They ain't ready. You are. You will make us proud no matter what happens. Catfish for life.

Cake.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the thought of having a respectful smash champ warms my soul, so it either needs to be you or armada ^_^

<3!

good luck!!

0Room

Smash Lord
Dude Kev you got this. Seriously, you stand a good chance of wining pound even if you haven't improved since WGF. Piece of cake. CAKE. This is your time. Anyone that gets in your way will be crushed. They ain't ready. You are. You will make us proud no matter what happens. Catfish for life.

Cake.
This

stfu kevin, i hope you're in my pool so i can **** dat *** personally.

:ganondorf:
And this.
You better hope you're not in Chris' pool or we'll have to rely on him to do everything :p

But even so
It's one of those things that everyone deals with personally, an obscene amount of pressure from everything that looks up to you. But you can't really worry about that. You're playing for yourself and for your own enjoyment, not for anyone else, right? So you just have to remember that.
The way I look at it is that I'm going to play my heart out and get as good as I can at any given tournament, and just try and improve.
I think that's all you can really ask of yourself, and all anyone can ask of you. So just keep that in mind.

Whether you win or not is irrelevant, and while we would all like you to take a 3rd big tournament, it's not a big deal if you don't. What we want to see is you playing as hard as you can and to see you smiling as you leave the room. That's more important than winning any tournament.

However
I would still like to see you kick Mango's *** again

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Kevin you're mad good man and even if you become the best or not, you're still dat ****ing dude in my eyes. Try to stay up, I know it's a lot of pressure but just keep the same amazing mindset that you've had ever since you started playing this game. No matter what, I am more than sure you will continue to have the support of all of NC and many, many other smangers.

Top Bottom