• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
dj's like my personal pain in the *** i keep running into in tourney...but i'm not good enough to be a rival yet lol.

if snap cared, me and him could've been pretty legit rivals.

and sneak vs NC is heating up lol.

edit: jim is like a mentor i really wanna beat. and to him i must seem like that other ganon in NC who he'll never lose to hahaha

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
indeed.

she's taken yay's advice, and once her falco can link the things it can already to, things'll be interesting.

and her peach still does work.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I can do it with Falco.

My pride. The one of the few places I have pride is in smash and I'm staying with Falco at least one more time.

Don't attack him is a strategy I'm thinking about picking up, but I'm still wary about it's total effectiveness for me personally.

We'll see what happens.

I'm gonna MM him with my Fox for information next big tourney though.
You Down Air waaaaaaay too much vs him Kevin, CAMP HIM MORE!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I felt like getting rid of this post, but theres no delete button.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
idk, he's never come close?
dj ima **** you

you have no idea

iirc we have played 3 sets

one was when you went fox match 3 and won at over 80% (i had you off stage but kept needleing you and didnt finish)

2nd was at ashboro and went to match 3 (i won first match, you barely won 2nd match, actaully admitting defeat while you recovered only to make it back and beat me, then you ***** me 3rd match)

3rd was in winners finals at your apartment where you 3-0ed me in close matches but i had just beaten lozr and didnt feel like putting up with your bull****

WE ARE RIVALS

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I suppose I should have asked that question in a thread that didn't have NC on the mind. Rivalries that could be seen at Pound, basically.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
LOL no I'm just messing around. I think your Falco is amazing and I'd be really sad if you switched.

I think at really incredibly high levels of play the game is less about matchups/mechanics and more about player versus player.

Basically I'm saying, if you beat Hbox, it will be because you're a better player or you just played better in that set, not because you picked a better character.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL no I'm just messing around. I think your Falco is amazing and I'd be really sad if you switched.

I think at really incredibly high levels of play the game is less about matchups/mechanics and more about player versus player.

Basically I'm saying, if you beat Hbox, it will be because you're a better player or you just played better in that set, not because you picked a better character.
Ahhh okay cool. <3

I agree with all of that, and thanks for the support! I'll try to turn it around next time. =)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i dont get it.... pp didnt u already beat hbox with falco? just... do it again... like it's that simple when u think about it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And then you think harder and realize it was never simple to begin with.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i dont get it.... pp didnt u already beat hbox with falco? just... do it again... like it's that simple when u think about it.
Except he got better at the pp matchup and I didn't get better at the puff/hbox matchup, I just got better in general. Now I'm playing catchup.

It's how higher level stuff works sometimes I guess.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Also, it occurs to me that I never really typed a reply to your evaluation of the Marth/Falco matchup. After some thought, I've decided that I don't really disagree with any of the stuff you posted, I just disagree with your conclusion.

Like, what you said about Marth being able to counter any of Falco's options from any given neutral position. I certainly agree that Marth has the tools to do this because he's a top tier character. Obviously, if Falco had an option that Marth just straight up couldn't deal with it, Falco would win. However, when I say Marth has the tools to counter all of Falco's options, I don't mean to say that Marth WILL counter all of Falco's options all the time. That's just not how the game works.

Basically, I think Marth has the same problem that a lot of characters have against Falco (and Fox to a lesser extent), which is that they lack the ability to really set the pace.

However, once Marth gets the grab or the knockdown (once he gains control, basically), he can kill Falco very easily, so I'd say the matchup is probably even.

On the other hand, I was talking to SleepyK about this last night and he agrees with you, so I'm probably just a johning scrub et cetera.

Top Bottom