• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, i was just stating the fact that that ganon only needs to control things about 10-20% of the time, but can still go even/win.

remember when pan lasered me for 40% and then i 0 to deathed him off one grab? so good.

lord karn

Smash Master
I know it's a part of my skill. that's my biggest problem and why a lot of players are better than me. There are a lot of reasons why players can be better than others, and this is my weakness. Which is why I said I need to get better at focusing.

And I brought it up because for some reason there was a discussion about who would beat who, so I said it. I don't see how I'm trying to brag/john when I admitted that I could see myself losing to almost anyone. I'm just admitting my biggest weakness. . .

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. apparently everyone needs to focus their hardest in friendlies. cuz if we don't, then everyone is able to beat you based off of friendlies.

though i usually try pretty dang hard in friendlies lol.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yeah i just wanted to talk about johns without directly confronting josh about it because i owe him $50, sorry you had to be my victim karn <3

@chris: lol ****

@chris' 2nd post: EXACTLY. and i'm pretty much incapable of trying my hardest throughout a friendly match, so that's why i gave up on johning and ever since i realized that, and i've done better at every tournament i've been to

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
i'll just never understand any of this. why would you even reference the past like that? it means next to nothing esp in this game...

and yeah lol. pretty sure at least 90% of this state underrates the **** out of DJ. now that mike is gone, him and foxy are my two most scared match ups among the people who suck **** (everyone below top 4). i wish that f@ggot would just learn to play against Peach.
What more do you have to go on other than past records? I'm pretty sure that that is the only logical way to guess how 2 people will do against each other who have not recently met in tournament, since apparently friendlies mean nothing (which sounds like Johns to me, by the way).

I think DJ is an amazing player. Playing with him lots at the beginning of the Summer fundamentally changed parts of how I play and think.

And thanks, Cam. I really haven't heard about it enough. I sure do love that I can't have opinions about match ups/characters whatever. And I really love that I get frustrated when I play and sometimes exaggerate things. It's probably my favorite thing about playing this game. I also really like that I'm a hugely underrated player in this state thanks to my tourney nerves; it definitely makes me want to keep spending time and energy going to tournaments.

All you guys are REALLY great. I'm so glad I've spent so many hours hanging out with you, talking with you, driving you around, letting you borrow money, or housed you so that you could disrespect me on the boards. It's really great.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
foxy, you really are good when you don't sandbag. i wanna play you more really bad.

cam, you are really bad at friendlies. lol my fox. sooo friendly.

DJRome

Smash Hero
let's be serious tho. ain't none of us making bracket at a national. and there people worse than us but we all suck.

DJRome

Smash Hero
keith, isn't that statement contingent on a hyperbolic time chamber in which you would need at least 3 years?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol josh shut the hell up.. god.
EXACTLY we've spent all this time together and laughed our ***** off, us hankerin down on you johning shouldn't be ****. it doesn't matter anyway, like DJ said WE'RE ALL FUCIN SCRUBS.

and yeah, it was stupid of me to complain about you johning cuz it has to do with how you view the game as a whole, but it goes even deeper of that. it's not something a conversation can solve i'd have to like... give you a different DNA sequence or something. but i swear johning just slows you down as a player, and you probably don't know how much you do it or how much it affects the way people play with you, esp in friendlies. sometimes i love friendling with you, and other times (and i mean no offense to this, i just want you to know as my friend) i want to ****ing commit suicide instead of press start again. just think about it a little is all i'm asking.

*CAUTION* IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE IN THIS GAME, YOU HAVE TO COMPLETELY HUMBLE YOURSELF TO IT. that means not thinking you deserve something you didn't get, not crying over this and that, just dealing with it. and appreciating it. and LEARNING from it. if you just DENY the legitimacy of something happening then you're only going to CONTINUE to deny, and you will NEVER LEARN THAT WAY.

go read King's guide, seriously. that guy is brilliant.

also... i'll never get why humans put on such heirs sometimes. like you have something amazingly royal to do instead of chill with someone and drive them around (since you're simultaneously having a good time anyway.) i ****in went from gboro to HICKORY to pick up the kids and bring them back to my house. i pretty much spent $80 for "nothing". but it wasn't nothing, i had a good *** time with them, interacting and all that gay ****, learning about my fellow man and not really caring so much about these stupid standards that exist that just make people unhappy. yeah, it was a pain at times, and i knew it was economically ********, but it felt liberating to do something for someone and simultaneously have a lot of fun doing it.

basically humans >>>>>>>>> god**** paper.

@past records: imo, past records don't mean squat. and this is why: things. ****ing. change. i'm a way better player than when i was at the last karnfest, but i could still get ****ed up at the next tournament. my past performance has almost nothing to do with how i'm going to do at the next one, and that's exactly why the NC PRs work the way they do, and i don't see any other way they could work.

weird things happen in this game.

and i never said DJ is amazing at all hahahahaha. AMAZING?? that's like.. the last thing i'd call him. gay as **** is more like it.

and everyone get off foxy's ****, he plays well sometimes and other times he doesn't. he's not "sandbagging" he just doesn't know how to deal with the machine he's built in well enough. it's the same issue as karn, but you don't see people like "MAN KARN ON HIS GAME.. OMG TOP 3 IN THE STATE" which is PRETTY ****IN MUCH what all those raleigh meat riders think about foxy... which is bs.

i'm still scared of you though foxy...

but yeah same goes for karn and twitch..

but moreso for foxy... ;-;

EDIT:

i played 2 matches with black chris' fox and he 2-stocked me in both matches get the **** at my ***

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
2 things:

1. LMFAO @ DJ's post

2. We have ridiculous access to great resources and tournaments so let's not all start the "I/we suck" thing heavily again. If you all get your butts back into the HLS group and start asking stuff, or start getting your butts recorded when I take my VCR places so you can get critiqued, or you just freakin ask for advice sometimes or try to have legit discussion on the boards instead of ALWAYS WHINING OR TROLLING ON THE BOARDS then maybe you'd all improve a loooot faster.

We can do this guys.

lord karn

Smash Master
Cams go5 good points. I just don't think people should take no johns and then not think about why they lost. Analyze why you lost and then fix it. Don't just say no johns and stop thinking. No johns is thrown around so much that sometimes people legitimately trying to figure things out get shot down

The reason I post and talk about my strengths and weaknesses so much is bc I tend to learn the best when I have to communicate my ideas. Thus I constantly try to communicate. I wouldn't call this johnning. I lost to stingers and josh and this reflects my skills. I've just figured out the particular skills that caused my losses so I can try to isolate them and get better

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Karn that explains why you didn't start improving until more recently.

I know for the longest time when I was playing no one cared what I thought about personally getting better and LoZR's advice was always "Catfish combo."

People listen more now, which is nice.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
For a state that's always calling each other "bro," you guys sure ***** a whole lot.

Jesus, just be cool.

DJRome

Smash Hero
LoZR's advice was always "Catfish combo."
**** u cam, imma **** ur **** cause im the ****

oh wait i meant i have to ****. **** doodoo brain

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You wanna know L0zR's real advice? And you can see it on my facebook Profile.

When I asked for help, he could only say one thing - "Straight ****."

Take it to heart. He isn't as good as he is if he didn't have this mindset.

Top Bottom