• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
chris; yeah, you would need to play a better puff before you could really say anything about that matchup. I'm not good enough to be reliable information.
keith; no. its not.
matt; I'd say its 55-45 in marths favor, if not even. at low levels marth raaapes jiggs but at higher levels, jiggs has such a good spacing game that she can actually get in on marth.

NC needs a good jiggs main.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
chris; yeah, you would need to play a better puff before you could really say anything about that matchup. I'm not good enough to be reliable information.
keith; no. its not.
matt; I'd say its 55-45 in marths favor, if not even. at low levels marth raaapes jiggs but at higher levels, jiggs has such a good spacing game that she can actually get in on marth.

NC needs a good jiggs main.
that last part... all DAY

id say even high level its slight marth, but your 55-45 # seems probably more correct than mine

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont even see how marth wins jiggs punishes everything marth has to commit to approach he has no safe ways to space even nair is bad because jiggs goes SO FAST through the air

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i dont even see how marth wins jiggs punishes everything marth has to commit to approach he has no safe ways to space even nair is bad because jiggs goes SO FAST through the air
marth stands still and Ftilts or Fair OOS

im dead serious....

also no dashdancing in this matchup, wavedash away and abuse tilts

really hard matchup for marth as he cannot gimp nor get low % kills

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If Marth commits at the wrong time or too late then Puff ***** him, and it's hard to be more precise/tricky with Marth than it is to look for openings after Marth swung his sword with Puff. People here seem to forget about Puff not HAVING to approach and just acting like she will, baiting Marth to swing and THEN ****** him.

I don't know what the matchup is, but don't underestimate puff's air mobility.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
If Marth commits at the wrong time or too late then Puff ***** him, and it's hard to be more precise/tricky with Marth than it is to look for openings after Marth swung his sword with Puff. People here seem to forget about Puff not HAVING to approach and just acting like she will, baiting Marth to swing and THEN ****** him.

I don't know what the matchup is, but don't underestimate puff's air mobility.
i believe if marths spaces Ftilt correctly on sheild and it tips its unpunishable?

then again idk

the whole matchup discussion always relys on "perfect play" from both sides

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i space tilts vs puff, its how i try and play the matchup... as much from the ground as possible, to avoid getting ***** by landing lag or caught in the air

best thing imo is wavedashback ftilt, works aight
I think that cuts off too many options. There's a time and place for almost every move. If you prefer to be grounded that's cool but I mean Marth's Fair and Nair are pretty beast, at the least, no matter who you're fighting.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
We neeeeeeed to learn that matchup.
and apparently i REALLLY do

im confident in my falcon, peach and fox matchups, falco and sheik are in progress

sheik requiring better spacing/allround safer play
and falco i need to learn against those lazers, expecially fairing after double ledgehopped lasers or the spacing/timing for fsmash to trade

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You just need to keep studying and learning things situation by situation then until you have an answer to everything.

Playing stupid doesn't exist unless you're me and Yay playing friendlies and we're using low tiers(lmao). You can just be inexperienced or doubtful but you're only stupid if you give up or get angry and do the same thing over and over.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
this should be taken literally

seriously, if u all truly think u cant learn/think analytically for urself, then u simply wont
the most important thing is to really realize that you need to think analytically.

it took me way too long to realize i needed to. i just thought i needed to space my own moves and everything else would work from there.

ganon ain't quite THAT good.

but now i think fairly well. we should play soon theo, maybe at BAC?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i got wrecked by idea at apex, it hasnt sat well, i played subpar.
more like stupid, its odd cause i can read people and see where the ***** coming from, its just like, ohhh... he's gonna fair, and i eat a fair instead of coming up with an on the spot action to counter it
idea ***** though.

Top Bottom