• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol I ain't scared, plus I got plenty o moolah to go around (I STACK IT UP), I don't mind shellin out for someone who could REALLY use it.

;)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo Nando how far are you from the beach? Say... Avalon?

Cause I'll be there later this week. Maybe Pauly D and the Situation will team against us.

edit: DWAM. 2 hours 15 mins. I had no idea.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I retired from singles but still go to events damn near every event in nc and every major east coast tourney... I have exp with rankings and probably the most unbiased opinion so I think im def more than qualified

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
wait wtf gofg definitly beat colbol in a mm at Pound5 why isn't he on these??????????????

why did I know just remember this??????????????????????

EDIT: sneak for panelist #3

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah man I'll be there for a few days, may be in AC in like a month or so (I think), and I guarantee I'll get off early some day so I'll try to get up with you.

PLUR, stupid comment is stupid.

Sneak, wtf retired? lmfao. Put him on the panel.

Lucas, I agree, I think big wins should count a little more than a loss sometimes. GofG is definitely skilled. I still think Ali is ranked too low after beating Cyrain (I know what everyone will say and I already know) and druggedfox this period.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i was just messin sneak. i think you'd be pretty boss for the panel.

we need to update or upgrade TIO or whatever to keep these brackets. I feel like my tourney was the last one with a bracket LOL

sneak, we need an actual local so we can get some more teams money. I'm all for an asheboro tourney.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
unless you think that mott shouldn't be elidgible to be ranked on an nc pr even though he attends nc tournaments with nc players in nc, i don't understand where you're coming from with that.
:troll:

I clearly stated my opinion on moTT being on the PR's a few pages back :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think yay and sneak would be good panelists

You could have 4, and make updates require at least full opinions/input from 3 of the 4 panelists (because you might not always be able to get in touch with all 4 in a) timely manner).

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
yo chris...

this was a pretty dumb statement XD
to be fair, i was kinda high when i posted that.

either way, i still don't understand why he wouldn't be eligible to be ranked on our power rankings when he predominately plays with us. i mean, who gives a **** where he is when he's not in tournament? it's not like that has any bearing on the power rankings.

let's say that by chance yay and maria break up and yay doesn't spend any of his spare time in nc anymore. but he still comes to tourneys and gets top3 consistenly. is he suddenly not eligible to be ranked with the rest of us even though he PLAYS with the rest of us?

The fact that SC's scene is dead as **** should only add incentive for them to be ranked because they actually make the effort to drive to nc for LOCALS.

So i don't understand how that's dumb.

but whatever. *shrugs*

strangely, that actually pissed me off a little

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
nooooo Josh.

And I don't know what you mean by favoritism in these prs. . . If you think something is wrong bring it up. We might have overlooked something, because we didn't have ANY bracket to work with when making these.
What tournaments were used? ETD and both G6's or just the last G6?

If it's both G6's, I 2-0'd Mott at G61, nervous or not. He beat you later.

Alex, who did you beat at the last G6? Who were your losses this period?

I wasn't given the opportunity to play anyone on our PR's in tourney aside from Kevin, Theo and David. Theo was a legit lost, David was an SD fest. Still losses. I didn't have any bad losses per se. It also sucks that I have to play Kevin (or M2K at the last G6) early in winner's every single local. It always makes me feel like **** and then I just go and immediately lose in Loser's. Super unfortunate. Just once I want to be seeded on the not stacked side of the bracket; or even put against people who can even count as big wins. How many more times do I have to beat EWB, DashDanceDan and Dr Pepper (no offense to any, random names) before I lose to Kevin and then have to play bummed out in Loser's immediately after? I know that's just tournaments, but it's super demoralizing.

As a side note, every time I play teams, I am on the same side of the bracket as Kevin's team, no matter what.

I had typed a big paragraph about my last times playing with all the people ranked under me but it's pointless. I don't want to be on the PR's in a state that doesn't support anything I do anyway.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well see, the thing is josh, if you had beaten theo or david, you woulda had the opportunity to get the data you were looking for in losers. I've run into similar problems, as my experience would often seem to be lose to yay/twitch and get sent to dj somewhere in losers. It sucks, but I realized the thing to do isn't complain about it, or even give it too much thought. The course of action is to beat whooever, acquire data, and let my ganon (and soon, my fox) do the talking.

edit: and idk what's up with raleigh, but if you come to gboro, we'd all have a pretty good time I'd imagine.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
well see, the thing is josh, if you had beaten theo or david, you woulda had the opportunity to get the data you were looking for in losers. I've run into similar problems, as my experience would often seem to be lose to yay/twitch and get sent to dj somewhere in losers. It sucks, but I realized the thing to do isn't complain about it, or even give it too much thought. The course of action is to beat whooever, acquire data, and let my ganon (and soon, my fox) do the talking.

edit: and idk what's up with raleigh, but if you come to gboro, we'd all have a pretty good time I'd imagine.
I know how it works. I'm not complaining about not being on the PR's (even though it is silly to me, given my experiences playing the people on it). I'm complaining about the way things are seemingly always seeded.

And it's not Raleigh. I played with Chris, John and Lucas last night and we had a good time. vDavid and Austin join us pretty regularly too. I do want to come to Greensboro and play super soon though.

Top Bottom