• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRome

Smash Hero
****** is a pejorative. aka why you don't say ****** university
jew is not a pejorative. aka why i said it

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Who decides what is and what isn't. I'm Jewish, I take it seriously. I found what you said offensive. "Jew" is a pejorative when used improperly, like I believe you did.

DJRome

Smash Hero
it's a jew island. just like some towns are black towns. they are largely what the adjective describes. how is that derogatory?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't like people using the term ****. But you don't see me making a big deal out of it.

Also, take this S elsewhere. PLEASE!:mad:

lord karn

Smash Master
I mean, I love jews and blacks and all kinds of colors.

but you probably shouldn't listen to me, because I'm a racist.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
it's a jew island. just like some towns are black towns. they are largely what the adjective describes. how is that derogatory?
Honestly, because it makes me want to punch you in the face. I don't take Jew jokes lightly, and I fucking dare you test me. I've gotten into more than one fight because a few kids went to far and didn't think anything of it.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I mean, I figure I made it clear that only PLUR can make Jew jokes, but ya know, DJ thinks he's funny I guess. It's not like people actually have feelings for their religion.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYLsyNBnE5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYLsyNBnE5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<3

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, im a chinese guy. oops. chinese describes a race and therefore it is offensive. hmmm. . . twisted logic ftl

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
The only people that truly get offended by overused racial slurs seem to be the ones that are the most racist themselves.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The only people that truly get offended by overused racial slurs seem to be the ones that are the most racist themselves.
LOOOOOOOOOL thanks Red. I needed a good laugh.

and Rome, I didn't stereotype. I stated a fact and only quoted the word sayers because I don't think it's actually a word.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lol

Why is this still being talked about? If this keeps up, I will request this thread be placed in the social room.

Call me what you like, but the thread is for discussion of the Melee PRs of NC. Meaning any talk of tournament placings and performance as well as debates to why someone is in this list, why they aren't higher/lower, etc. If there's not enough of this subject to keep the topic moving, you let it fall off the bus. The thread won't go anywhere, so when the time comes the thread will gain new life.

There's no **** reason to derail the topic. Go to the social room for the current discussion, or do it else where.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Follow the god**** rules and you won't hear from me.
Lol wow ZIO. Someone make this guy a mod so his life will be complete.

This could have been prevented by a post by DJRome "my bad lucas, didn't mean any harm by the jew reference"

It's really that easy.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Hey DJ, you offended me. I'm sorry that you can't accept that fact. Your logic outweighs my feelings apparently. And Falcon > Sheik too, right?

DISCLAIMER: DJ, you bring this into real life, and think it's okay to mention the fact that I "shouldn't be offended", someone's going to get hurt, very badly hurt.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im fine with feeling baffled why you'd be offended by my stating that a predominantly jewish island can be shortened to jew island. you're free to be offended by whatever. by that same token, i can continue to be confused as to why. and lol

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. It's not predominantly Jewish, therefore shorting it to Jew Island would wrong. The only place in the world predominantly Jewish is Israel, and I can't find a way to out Jew into that.

2. Let's just stop talking about it before I decide to hurt you before you mention it irl.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, that's what my friend who lives there now tells me so if that's not the case, don't shoot the messenger. but i still think it's pretty disproportionately jewish compared to most places even up north. and lol again. idk why you think it's even a point worth threatening over. i had no malice, i didn't repeat it, only asked for clarification, and yet you try to attack me. just lol at jump in thought process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom