• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Every part of this is pure bullsh*t.

It's like the underdog never deserves a win. And when it actually happens, people make up sh*t to back up why it shouldn't have happened.

And the Red Sox. I honestly don't even know what to say. Sometimes you really are insanely ignorant.
I'm sorry I'm the only person who isn't overly ecstatic about Kage beating Mango. And I didn't make any sh*t up. Kage won. Fair and square, but it doesn't feel right to me. It's awesome, but doesn't feel right that he was the one that beat Mango. Why not JMan, Lucky, HBox, M2K, PC, PP, Zhu, Aramda, the top of the top professionals of Melee? How is what I said bullsh*t and insanely ignorant, Mike?

And as for my Red Sox analogy, I'm from New York. I'm a Met's fan, not a Yankee's fan, but I'm still from New York. I don't even think I was a month old when I went to my first Met's game. I hope that clears that up. lol

Like I said, it just doesn't seem right imo.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I'm sorry I'm the only person who isn't overly ecstatic about Kage beating Mango. And I didn't make any sh*t up. Kage won. Fair and square, but it doesn't feel right to me. It's awesome, but doesn't feel right that he was the one that beat Mango. Why not JMan, Lucky, HBox, M2K, PC, PP, Zhu, Aramda, the top of the top professionals of Melee? How is what I said bullsh*t and insanely ignorant, Mike?

And as for my Red Sox analogy, I'm from New York. I'm a Met's fan, not a Yankee's fan, but I'm still from New York. I don't even think I was a month old when I went to my first Met's game. I hope that clears that up. lol

Like I said, it just doesn't seem right imo.
It's not about being happy for Kage or whatever. I'm not happy that he won at all, but still, he legitimately won. What you said was bull because things like "Kage shouldn't have beaten Mango" and "Mango should've won the first match" don't mean anything with absolutely nothing to back it up. Just because it doesn't feel right doesn't make his win any less valuable. And the same thing goes about what you said about the Sox.

Just so you know, how I feel about it is similar to you. Of all people, I wouldn't have expected Kage to be the one to beat Mango. I would've been more happy/hype if someone else did it, but that's a personal opinion. Still, I give major props to Kage because he did something amazing.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's not about being happy for Kage or whatever. I'm not happy that he won at all, but still, he legitimately won. What you said was bull because things like "Kage shouldn't have beaten Mango" and "Mango should've won the first match" don't mean anything with absolutely nothing to back it up. Just because it doesn't feel right doesn't make his win any less valuable. And the same thing goes about what you said about the Sox.

Just so you know, how I feel about it is similar to you. Of all people, I wouldn't have expected Kage to be the one to beat Mango. I would've been more happy/hype if someone else did it, but that's a personal opinion. Still, I give major props to Kage because he did something amazing.
So... basically I suck at wording things? :laugh:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol. Mango just needs more experience vs Ganons. L-pasta has 3 stocked his Falco several times. Kage definitely deserved the win. and why Kage? it's simply a matter of matchup experience and possibly mango sorta cracking under pressure imo (not a john). The hungover stuff is total BS to me, he 3 stocked jman minutes before he played Kage lol. Can't wait to see vids of PP schooling him.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, I was very impressed by it. Some of the DI was kinda silly, but most of it I thought was legit(especially after reading Lucky posting about it).

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Hey!

I'm also from NY and a Mets/Yankees fan and think the sox deserved that win. :mad:

Like I said in the comments, the game has been out too long for people to make character match up johns. I'm not a huge fan of either players but Kage repped that **** hard. And it isn't an easy task considering his character and the tourney pressure he may have had(or not lol).

Just put it like this: Kage has won today and let's see if what he and mango does tomorrow.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I hate all the hate that all you haters are hatin' on. I swear if everyone doesn't stop hatin' on other haters for hatin' on haters than I'm going to bring down a firestorm of hate on every hateful comment produced by any hater!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Hey!

I'm also from NY and a Mets/Yankees fan and think the sox deserved that win. :mad:

Like I said in the comments, the game has been out too long for people to make character match up johns. I'm not a huge fan of either players but Kage repped that **** hard. And it isn't an easy task considering his character and the tourney pressure he may have had(or not lol).

Just put it like this: Kage has won today and let's see if what he and mango does tomorrow.
1. I never said that Kage or the Red Sox didn't deserve their respective wins, I just said it didn't seem right that they won.

2. I never johned for anyone.

3. Why is it that when someone's opinion is voice that isn't the norm, people go haywire?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Ace: You are starting something by saying it LOL.

@Dark Hart: You worded what you said badly, I told you already. It makes people even more freaked out by your off-the-beaten-path ideas sometimes.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Hey!

From the mouth of wisdom the breath of onion is sweet.
-DAFT

lmao

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh what? Mike is from NY? So am I, dude!

I personally wish I was more social when I was up there. Had I signed up on this site, I would've gotten some good practice early on in my melee days.

But, from what part are you from, dude? Sorry for getting off topic. If need be, I will take it to PM.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Dark Hart, it wasn't really an attack to you and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion but I always hear crap like this every time a major upset happens. But It's over now. You guys can go back to your usual chat...or whatever you're doing >_>

Zio: I was born in Brooklyn, lived in around South Jamaica Queens(Really close where DAftflip's and my crew member, Dire Vulcan lives) and hanged around Lower east Side Manhattan alot :)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
My friend tells me everyone at Duke is a homo but you don't see me calling it Faggot University.

And it's not all Jews, there's just a larger population of Jews on Long Island than in most other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom