• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Kevin: Not sucking? haha

I don't remember specifically what I was supposed to do, but I did definitely chill a lot on training mode. I'm playing smarter but my tech skill was kinda sketch when I played James today. I need to stop playing so conservative in matches. Me and James are playing again on Thursday and I'll be heading out to Gboro on Friday night. Somebody needs to put me up.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how placing in this tourney will affect things. There is so so much stiff competition it would be easy to not make it out of pools or go 2-0 with bad enough luck. Not planning on it, but in general, I think everybody knows what I mean.

Also, money on Adam and PP both placing top 10.

Also, crazy good stuff Ali for doing so well at Final Round.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha Lucas, you got that title you've always wanted. XD

<3 Knorrbro

Josh, I told you to keep yourself thinking about the game in your free time (driving, walking somewhere, before you go to sleep, etc) so that you can respond to situations before they happen or you could create them yourself. This allows for a little more flexibility in tough situations and the confidence that you are ready for whatever your opponent can throw at you. It's not foolproof, but it is enough to help you grow mentally as you play more difficult opponents.

Oh, and I dunno about how PRs will be affected by this. It seems very unfortunate (even by PR standards I guess) that those with players like M2K in their pool/bracket should be punished, but it's going to happen to some of us.

What do you think about it, Karn?

lord karn

Smash Master
I think that in general, being able to place well in a tourney with lots of competition should be rewarded. For most of the people on the power ranking list, it doesn't really matter much who the 'best' player in their pool is. Pretty much everyone will have at least one awesome player in their pool.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, the skill distribution should be roughly the same over all pools/brackets, so why not just treat any unfortunate occurances as those in a regular tournament?

I feel silly for not figuring that out lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
LOL i just saw that you have neighborhood P in you sig.
gawd... that guy even talks garbage about people on the other side of the country!
lol

i thought only the lucky pacwest boards got to experience his graceful posts.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I don't think Herb should reflect much. Most of the NC power rankings had to leave before the tourney even started. We got back late from food and the tourney had already started. We need another bi weekly or two to happen.

PS Fox is a good character and Marth is tremendously gay. A character's gayness vs goodness should be relative to how difficult they are to play.

Fox/Falco/Falcon = Good
Marth/Sheik/Peach/Ganon = Gay

Just sayin. >___>

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Herb should reflect much. Most of the NC power rankings had to leave before the tourney even started. We got back late from food and the tourney had already started. We need another bi weekly or two to happen.

PS Fox is a good character and Marth is tremendously gay. A character's gayness vs goodness should be relative to how difficult they are to play.

Fox/Falco/Falcon = Good
Marth/Sheik/Peach/Ganon = Gay

Just sayin. >___>
i think we're all in agreement that pr's shouldnt be left up to herb placings... But i dont think 3 out of 10 people qualifies as ''most'' just saying... Also personally i would rather play a good marth or sheik and DEFINATELY would rather play against a good peach or gannon any day than play a good fox falcon or falco the only character i really find gay is jiggs but thats mostly due to how agravating that matchup is

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I agree with Jiggz being stupid and gay.

PLUR, your cheesecake ***** lol.

Bill can do what he wants to with Brawl, but I think another few tournies need to happen for Melee to get updated.

Poor Jim most likely can't travel to any more tournaments til after May 12th, so I feel bad about what'll happen to him (and me I guess....I dunno) but I suppose that's just how things are.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
if the issue is a ride i'll take you jim under the condition you buy me tacos from jack in the box when we hit statesville i think this is an even trade

edit: i just realized i dont make many of the tournies in nc myself so maybe this is a bad plan

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
if the issue is a ride i'll take you jim under the condition you buy me tacos from jack in the box when we hit statesville i think this is an even trade

edit: i just realized i dont make many of the tournies in nc myself so maybe this is a bad plan
Sounds good to me. Even if you dont make any. Lol

Foxy

Smash Master
I suppose HERB won't be too important for these PR's but there are some placings that were interesting and valuable, such as Ace's good ****. He should be considered more for a PR now.

I assume Wilmington on April 4th will be factored in? I'm almost certainly going to be there.

Anyone else going?

DUB

Smash Lord
I'd like to make it out to Wilmington considering that's probably where I'll be going to school next year.

And Peach... gay? Booooo

Marth/Shiek however, yes.

since it's going to be hard for me to make it onto the power rankings with just teams alone- next NC tourney I go to, I will money match whoever is ranked 5-10 or below to show NC how to stack it up.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Wilmington Classic bro, and then whatever's hosted in the summer.

I've got some work to do, but HERB helped me out. Wilmington smash crew is gonna get too good soon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom