• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
So... I'm not going to be able to make it to any tournies until the summer (maybe a smashfest...), and I'll have very little time to get on the boards as a whole.

Like, my dad blocked Smashboards and stuff. lame. So yea, I'll post and try to say "active" as much as I can, but I'll see you all in the summer sometime.
**** that sucks.
I'll show your Dad a thing or two about messin' with smashers.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
pyrostormer why the hell did you quote yourself in your sig?

Thats gay as hell

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know enough about that game when I was watching it foxy, but it seems like there was no **** story to it though

That sucks DH

Foxy

Smash Master
The lack of story is actually one of the creative points of the game - it gives you almost no background, and sets you on your way to kill the Colossi in a world where the only life is you and the ancient creatures.

It is not very story intensive in gameplay, but there is a good deal behind it if you research it yourself.

MY SIGNATURE ****ING ROCKS

o

o

o

o

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
dannnng. I dont see the point for these rankings at all. I understand some people will see what their rank is and wanna practice to get better and move up(i did this when i started getting competitive). But the game is really old (melee). I love playing this game and hanging out with all the fun people that this game brings together, yet the melee smash scene i dont think is really getting any stronger. Not many people from other states are really gonna care anymore who is nc's top 10 haha. I guess all im saying is im done trying to get any better at smash and the only time im gonna play is if some friends wanna get together some night and play or tourney play. No love loss for all the bros though you guys are awesome.

Plus these forums are for everyone and anyone can post whatever it is they want to. DeAl WiTh It:mad:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're really gonna make me do it.

Fine then.

Old games are still played competitively and are strong. You know the examples, so I'm not rehashing them. Just because a game is old doesn't make it awful. If there's a strong enough following(which there is here), then why not try to improve, or even help others improve if one is concerned about strength of the scene so much, in the game one enjoys?

You think the Melee scene is dying? You may enjoy the luxury of basing that assumption off of NC, but I, as it's no secret, troll these forums super hard and I have seen that Melee is slowly regaining strength. (Quick note: if you're also basing it off of how many people wanna come to our tournies, it's because we aren't hyping it enough. There's not one single person to blame for that, it's NC as a whole.) Pros that quit before or during Brawl are coming back (PC, Forward, Taj, Dashizwiz, etc), and I have seen many a random say that they enjoy Melee over Brawl, though they may have started with Brawl or just never found smashboards until now.

You wanna talk NC in this regard, then you should also know that Dub, who was primarily a Brawl player, has become VERY interested in Melee lately. As good as he's done in Brawl I believe it's fair to say that, with time, Dub can and will become a contender for these rankings, which will make them more competitive, which is what this scene ALREADY has and will CONTINUE to receive.

I'm sorry that you feel no more drive for this game, which I was hoping to change with my recent victories over you in tournament, but I suppose it's harder for you to get psyched about the game after all of your friends you used to play with quit and you went so long without competition. Even so, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't spread this negative emotion towards Melee on the boards. People respect you as a player and a person, and it's very difficult for me to encourage anyone to improve when their more respected peers are saying that "this game is dead and I don't wanna get better etc."

I hope this doesn't offend you in any way Adam, but I'd really like to see this scene grow, and your post is extremely counteractive towards that goal. Best of luck in Halo and all of your other fun stuff bro.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i can see the southern pines scene turning into melee
DUB is for it
I am for it
Rag is neutral
Rohan is neutral
Seth is against it
maybe the next crew battle we win wont be in brawl........

LoZR is the shiz........at the last billfest as soon as i got there LoZR was playing behr in some mm, iirc. he got the stomp with falcon then growled and rotated his head in a motion that reminded me of charizards gnarly taught. he hit the reverse knee while looking at the ceiling.....he then preceded to moonwalk. DUB and i looked at each other and we said word.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you guys have ANY questions at all, I'll do my best to answer them.

I can't wait to see your improvement, southern pines bros.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm spamming the boards with this sentence...

in sfIV, shouryuukens are SO broken...

GofG

Smash Champion
we need more brofest commentary

that **** was popular in cali for a while. i hear mango got lulz out of it, too.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Oh darn. Here I was trying to fight for your approval.
In the immortal words of Gerod:

Slow your roll.

EDIT:

Cross posting this: Anybody want to get together somewhere Friday night or something? I really want to play and I don't mind coming to Raleigh. Just need a find to place to actually do it.

Somebody PM me and let me know.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I see what you are saying peepee, if you think the smash scene is gonna grow then so be it. Im not saying all of this because you have won the last two tourneys against me or im number 2 on the ranks now it really doesn't matter to me. Like i said i enjoy playing this game it is a great game and its really fun i dont think it is awful because it is old. I guess i just dont wanna spend any more time practicing this game to get better. Ive played this game for a long time so i guess thats why i feel this way. Maybe peepee you can get alot of people interested into playing and Maybe the smash scene will grow bigger than ever before if it does gooood shiz. But i know mlg will never take melee back like in the past. If mlg were to do that then you better believe i would start trying to get better again. I hope i dont let any of you down its not a bad idea to keep playing. This is just the way i feel imo

Oh and about halo, im not trying to be competitive at that either i just play for fun... like i do this game now.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
i'm spamming the boards with this sentence...

in sfIV, shouryuukens are SO broken...

Nah you dont need split second reaction time to punish it like in HD remix. Play that ish first and see how brocken that move is.

AWW. See Lozr, you let your bros down you **** quitter! If Dubz was at the top he wouldnt do that. People from allllllllllooooover the world would be coming to the smash scene. Some-o-da sickest charazardz in da state.:laugh:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
just a heads up.

if you guys are talking about "stomp the button" and "see how the falcon chose a fire attack during the water portion of the stage" then i helped spread that around. lol
that was too **** funny

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
and wasn't there talk about heavenly construction of some sort?
i really don't remember. lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Angels making their houses out of some food, and Karn was promptly called a dumba$$ for it lol.

"Your momma slaya is your dadda." Looool I still love that.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to josh, but not sure if I'd have a place for you to stay, I think I already will have a person sleeping on our couch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom