• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I want to play Foxy. This guy thinks he's really good apparently.

Adam and I are teaming at Bill's and we're effin winning. Jiggs is back and really really gay. Adam is way too good; believe the hype.

James is camping this thread sooo hard. He's also pretty scrubby with his phone. ;]

This weekend should be interesting.

Foxy

Smash Master
yeah josh, i want to MM you or something really badly, i still never played you at my tourney and lucas keeps bragging about your skillz to me.

also because you play jiggs, it's envy rage

but yeah. $1/$3/$5? 2/3? 3/5? anything's cool with me.

all i'm gonna do at bill's is mm all day, lol.

Foxy

Smash Master
that's the same thing.

especially considering i placed higher than him and he didn't do any better against PP than i did... i consider you continually saying he's better than me to be a bit of a challenge.

so yeah, get hype

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Don't judge everything based off of performance vs me. Base it off of how well people in the same skill level place vs one another (not insulting anyone, but LoZR and I tend to do substantially better than most of NC in most situations). It makes for more accurate and fair comparisons/PRs anyways.

Foxy

Smash Master
don't worry PP, i'm not judging everything off of it... it just seems that if darksyde's experience and skill made a huge difference over me, he wouldn't have gotten 4-stocked by you. just looking at different angles to compare from; certainly that's not that notable a facet, though.

i'll have a list of people too MM at bill's, probably like 5+ people, hopefully the results of those can contribute to the PR update as well.

so far i've got:
-mask
-mask
-malk
-josh
-karn
-dark hart
-l0zr
-plur
-behr

rawfuls: money match?
zero: money match?
ace: money match?

lol i love money matches, maybe i'll actually do all of them this time.

lord karn

Smash Master
When I fight against pp I know that I'm going to lose, so I do experimental stuff to try and learn what I should do in certain situations. Usually this tends to mean I get *****, but in the long run it helps me understand certain scenarios.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
well, i really want to play my jiggs in money matches, so how about falcon vs ganon and jiggs vs luigi?

or it can just be my falcon and then my jiggs against whatever you want to play.
Why must you betray Falcon?? haha your first idea sounds fine I guess.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
that's the same thing.

especially considering i placed higher than him and he didn't do any better against PP than i did... i consider you continually saying he's better than me to be a bit of a challenge.
No... it's not really the same thing. I didn't continually say it, I said it like once... though I still stand by it. I explained my reasoning, if that's what you mean.

luigi just scares me in general a mean WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO

he just slides all over the place, i freeze up
what a nub

jk Luigi can be difficult if you're unfamiliar with the match-up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh no it's not <_<

There was an implied "...assuming we could go" >_>

Ace do you mind if PP + me and jim + 2 of our friends stay at your place? or is that too much?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't think that would be a big problem, although they would undoubtedly be sleeping on the carpet.

I'll have 3 of my own tv's in the living room Friday night so we'll be able to get plenty of games in.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
yeah josh, i want to MM you or something really badly, i still never played you at my tourney and lucas keeps bragging about your skillz to me.

also because you play jiggs, it's envy rage

but yeah. $1/$3/$5? 2/3? 3/5? anything's cool with me.

all i'm gonna do at bill's is mm all day, lol.
You placed higher than me because I had to play Kevin my second round after I had played him like 15 times earlier. I then lost to Alex (yeah I know haha) but I had no matchup experience.

No offense but you and Jim were in the easier half of the bracket (read: The side without Kevin). I would have REALLY liked to play both of you but don't get me wrong, I think you're both good players.

Also, I play Falcon, Fox, Falco, Jiggs, and Luigi. So get ready for my buttery Luigi to get....buttery on you. ;]

In advance, I haven't gotten to play all week since my TV is at Austin's house. This guy wasn't in town last weekend so I couldn't get it (gone to DC mindgames AND no practice johns). haha

Whatever, this weekend will be sweet. Hope I actually perform up to my abilities for once.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
kks DH just make sure like foxy to just stop me at the tourny theres really no chance i'll say no, but fair warning i really dont play this game anymore... not really attempting to john just saying dont expect a whole lot heh

Foxy

Smash Master
You placed higher than me because I had to play Kevin my second round after I had played him like 15 times earlier. I then lost to Alex (yeah I know haha) but I had no matchup experience.

No offense but you and Jim were in the easier half of the bracket (read: The side without Kevin). I would have REALLY liked to play both of you but don't get me wrong, I think you're both good players.

Also, I play Falcon, Fox, Falco, Jiggs, and Luigi. So get ready for my buttery Luigi to get....buttery on you. ;]

In advance, I haven't gotten to play all week since my TV is at Austin's house. This guy wasn't in town last weekend so I couldn't get it (gone to DC mindgames AND no practice johns). haha

Whatever, this weekend will be sweet. Hope I actually perform up to my abilities for once.
Yeah, I do know that I got a bit easier bracket, only having to beat Behr, Zero, and Mohr to get to Winner's Finals... but compared to someone like Dark Hart, I had a quite difficult bracket (he went 2-2, and both his wins were against players who don't even play Smash). So, in terms of easy brackets, I would assume that players like him who got free wins would have the easiest time.

But still, yes, mine was easy, although I heard a lot of people say that Mohr plays really well, and he placed 5th, yet I 4-stocked him.

All this skill speculation is always annoying and nagging, though... might as well just see at Bill's for the real test, a whole lot more fun too.

edit: lol @ everyone taking me srsly about weegee

gais i am sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom