• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well i guess it's just by me then, cause i felt like every little **** jizzed their pants over umbreon (i used him too)

the bigger point i want to get at is how sylveon doesn't really look like an eeveelution, just looks out of place compared to the rest of them

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with Sylveon, but it doesn't feel like an Eeveelution to me. I think part of it is its eyes, honestly. All of the previous ones had simple, smaller eyes, and with Sylveon they pulled out the huge kawaii anime eyes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with Sylveon, but it doesn't feel like an Eeveelution to me. I think part of it is its eyes, honestly. All of the previous ones had simple, smaller eyes, and with Sylveon they pulled out the huge kawaii anime eyes.
To me it looks more like bug eyed alien eyes

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641

I already like it better than all the past Gens' touch screen menus.
It is rather pretty, isn't it? I like the new sizes that they're using for the Party icons. I saw one for Pikachu this gen and compared it to the 6th gen Pikachu, and there was a pretty noticeable size difference, and that's not including the empty space they'll end up using on the template to allow for bigger sprites. They're doing a fantastic job.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
This tree has the possibility to be the first pokemon of this generation I like. I want to see the real design though

Edit: Apparently the tree looks like this now

Will people make up their minds???

TBH, this new version looks dorky. I don't like it

Edit Edit: Why can't people be consistent about how many eyes it has?

Edit Edit:

Another picture of maybe the same thing

This one has a different amount of eyes as well, but it's overall body shape seems to be the same

and what looks like a shiny red nose
Unfortunately that's the real design.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
According to this video we have a few...surprises on the way for the next announcement. I trust it. I mean, like he said he wouldn't upload an info vid if he didn't trust the person 100%

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is NO WAY they could make a bag of chips pokemon without it being stupid.

0 ways

also, it'll probably be useless as well

JOE!

Smash Hero
At least it's not a pile of **** that evolves into a bigger pile o ****, or a ball that evolves by flipping over.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pretty sure he's poo (also, if Ekans is Snake... and Arbok is Kobra :troll:)

But yeah, don't mind me I'm like a huge reverse-hipster when it comes to pokemon.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No bag of chips. No sushi. No eeveelution. Just a bunch of mega evolutions, three new Pokemon (including the new stereotypical cute Pokemon Eeeeeee~ <3) and a new gym leader. Way more cool than a bag of chips :D.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Blaziken went Super Saiyan? Honestly, Blaziken's form doesn't look that bad. And well, Mawile's new form looks the most tame. Just some added pink and another mouth thing behind its head.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So yeah, Mega Evolutions. Won't lie, my original thoughts were this is totally fake.

Honestly I don't know how to properly react to this news.

EDIT: My body wasn't ready.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Ampharos was a big win as far as I'm concerned. Him being a Dragon type is something I always imagined since the first time I saw him

I hope being part dragon, his move pool will open up more to include things like ice beam (Which is much easier to get than HP Ice), perhaps even dragon and fairy specials.

I'm not sure if I like it's design though. It's not that I think it looks bad, I'm just not sure it's better than Ampharos

Either way, I now have a reason to use Ampharos for 3 gens in a row

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Looks like all the MegaPokemon revealed so far are Uber material except maybe MegaAmpharos and MegaAbsol, really lookng forward to more info

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have too many reasons as to why I'm not looking forward to these at all:

1) None of these look like evolutions at all... They're just overly-detailed/unnecessarily modified versions of existing Pokemon to make them seem "cooler." Ampharos grew hair and now belongs in a L'oreal commercial, Mawile picked up a pink skirt and grew an extra head, Absol became emo and grew wings, and Lucario/Blazekin have the same basic look with a bunch of random **** thrown on them. I guess I can give the first 3 a pass but Blazekin and Lucario just look flat out ridiculous. Which leads to #2...

2) The concept is just as ridiculous as the looks... Why are these necessary? To beef up weaker Pokemon like Absol and Mawile? Okay why not just give them... you know... ACTUAL evolutions? Why do already powerful Pokes like Blazekin and Lucario need even more powerful versions? I guess next we'll be seeing MegaSalamence, MegaTyranitar, and MegaScizor right? Hopefully this **** ain't too broken or else we'll need some MegaWalls like MegaJirachi, MegaBlissey, and MegaFerrothorn... Otherwise stall is even more ****ed over than ever lmao. GameFreak has officially jumped the shark with this move.

3) My biggest complaint... Now that the floodgates have opened, EVERYONE is going to be crying for their favorite Pokemon to get a Mega evolution, and those that don't get their wishes will be PISSED. I guarantee it. So instead of focusing on the new Pokemon everyone's gonna be lobbying for Mega(insertPokehere). Case in point below...
Why no MegaBlastoise?
Only solution for the above is for GF to give every Pokemon Mega evolutions and change the name to "MegaPokemon" so everyone wins. lol

4) **** just flat out doesn't make sense anymore in the Pokemon world... Mareep... The SHEEP... eventually evolves into a mother ****ing DRAGON now... And we thought the Magikarp to Gyarados evolution didn't make sense? lol RIP Pokemon logic.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
They all look like what you'd get if you asked Fabio to design new Pokemon evolutions.

"Give all of them my beautiful locks of hair."

And in the event that somehow no one else even thought of it...Mega was the final stage of digivolution. Not that the two are completely similar (they already said that mega evolutions aren't going to happen in the manner that regular evolutions do).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Mega Blastoise is unrealistic. He was the 3rd most popular pokemon on the IGN poll, for example. Only ones ahead of him were Mewtwo and Charizard

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't think Mega Blastoise is unrealistic. He was the 3rd most popular pokemon on the IGN poll, for example. Only ones ahead of him were Mewtwo and Charizard

You're just further enforcing my point... There will be arguments all over the damn place in terms of why (insert Pokemon here) deserves a Mega evolution, and I'm already tired of it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
MegaAbsol has Magic Bounce and Pursuit. That will be scary in any tier.
If the Mega Stone doesn't boost all stats (like Skymin and Giratina-O), I have to disagree, unless Game Freak gives it some absurdly good stat spread.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
They're all so perfect. With the right stats they could all be big contenders. Magic Mirror on a dark pokemon who is bound to have the strongest pursuit in the game seems huge. I'm hoping Pure Power allows Mawile to run mixed sets and still have a considerable amount of bulk.

The only one I really question is Mewtwo with . . .Insomina? That's cool. . . I guess?

ChKn

Smash Ace
If Pokejungle is correct, then you can only use the Mega evos during battle.

PokéJungle ?@pokejungle24m
#MegaXY fact: The process is called "Mega Evolution"... even though you won't see these Mega Pokemon outside of battle

PokéJungle ?@pokejungle33m
#MegaXY fact: Mega Pokemon are NOT evolutions, NOR forms. More like... charged-versions of themselves

PokéJungle ?@pokejungle37m
#MegaXY fact: Mega Evolutions are ONLY USABLE DURING BATTLE

Top Bottom