• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 6 DLC Characters

Heoj

Smash Ace
My predictions(or more like hopes but whatever):
FP6: Geno
FP7: Doomguy
FP8: Phoenix Wright
FP9: Professor Layton
FP10: Honestly if the previous 4 make it the last spot could be anyone.
FP11: See above

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
it's possible work hadn't started on Hayabusa yet - Hero had sufficient work done on him to the point his codename was visible
I'm going to disagree. I think Ryu with the rumours and what not will be sooner. I think it's going to FP Series 2 Character 1 before E3 at max and then a long drought until near end of the year. That's my feeling.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
#6 - Bubsy
#7 - Croc
#8 - Aero the Acrobat
#9 - Blinx the Timesweeper
#10 - Gex
#11 - Mario

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
My Theories/Desires:
#6 - Sonic Rep (Tails, Eggman, Silver ect...)
#7 - Master Chief
#8 - Pokemon Rep (most likely from Sword&Shield like one of the starters, possibly Rillaboom, likely Cinderace, or possibly Toxtricity)
I know, I know, another pokemon rep but if Nintendo is willing to do the same with Fire Emblem then I don't think this is a total stretch.
#9 - Spyro
#10 - Chun-Li
#11 - Third Party (Bandai Namco/Capcom)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My expanded thoughts on my current predictions:

Third Parties
If the rumours are true, then we may possibly expect Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa to be one of the six challengers within FP2 and I have a feeling they could put an additional Bandai Namco or Capcom rep in there too.

There are certainly a ton of third party characters that we can speculate on who are considered likely candidates, but I will just wait and see how the announcements within 2020 and 2021.

Nintendo Reps
There are a ton of Nintendo reps that I would like to see being repped in Smash. Xenoblade is certainly one that deserves further representation and whilst I do not know what the chances are, I would like either Rex (with Pyra) or Elma to be the next Xenoblade rep.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is another Nintendo game that had been achieving a lot of good critical reception, so would it be possible for them to get represented in Smash? Whilst I would love to see a stage based on LM3, could King Boo or perhaps Helen Gravely be considered as a playable candidate?

Lastly, I have a feeling there could very well be a Pokemon Sword/Shield represent in FP2. But as I said, whilst I'm not exactly 100% of my predictions, only time will tell to see what will be unveiled during the second pass.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
My likely nuclear take on all this.
Nintendo characters included (Please, Lord...)
FP#6: Shantae
FP#7: KOS-MOS, Hayabusa, or Travis
FP#8: Pokémon rep
FP#9: Rayman or Steve
FP#10: Porky Minch
FP#11: Master Hand, of all characters!

Without Nintendo characters:
FP#6: Shantae
FP#7: Tails or new SEGA rep
FP#8: Doom Guy
FP#9: KOS-MOS
FP#10: Rayman, Twinbee, or Sparkster
FP#11: Frisk/Chara, Kris, or Heavy

Voe

Smash Journeyman
My Predictions, in no particular reveal order:

- A Galar region Pokemon (Cinderace, Rillaboom, Sirfetch'd, or the new Fighting-Type Legendary Pokemon)
- Capcom (Dante, Phoenix Wright, or a Monster Hunter)
- Bandai-Namco (Nightmare with a Siegfried alternate skin, Heihachi or Jin, 2B)
- Left field/surprise (not counting the 3rd and 1st party characters that have been heavily discussed for a while like Doomguy, Crash, Geno, anyone with a real chance that would be on the first page of the Newcomer Speculation section on Smashboards.)
- Nintendo (could be Nintendo or Nintendo exclusive character for DLC)
- Microsoft (Rash from Battletoads, Fulgore from Killer Instinct, Minecraft's Steve)

D

Deleted member

6. Ryu Hayabusa: I think he’s coming after all the whispers the stuff with BirdBrew Elfen I think it’s happening!

7. Dante: I personally want Phoenix Wright more but Dante’s awesome so is Devil May Cry would be content if he gets in. C’mon Sakurai time to get this party crazy!

8. Geno: A character long requested that people want in. Still rotting for him hope it happens will cry if it does! Want him in bad!

9. Doom Slayer: Think it could happen he’d be a great fit and amazing addition.

10. Crash Bandicoot: Long requested character big gaming mascot. Would be a great addition.

11. LeBron James: Yes Sakurai will reveal he’s a basketball fan and for the first time put a basketball...

Actual 11. Cinderace: Eh why not Want Decidueye or Inteleon more but sure. Why not?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In no particular order.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Rex
Rillaboom
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

Give or take I'm likely wrong with some of these or most.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not in order:

1. Pokemon rep
2. Nintendo rep no one asked for
3. Third-Party Japanese RPG character
4. A character that is highly demanded and gets your hope up that Sakurai is listening (i.e. the Banjo of the pass)
5. A meh character
6. A dud to end the pact on because Sakurai and Smash team always end on a thud. (i.e. Corrin from Smash 4).

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
5 Third Parties, with the other (likely revealed last or second to last) possibly being a Pokemon Rep.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
6. Geno
7. Isaac
8. Lloyd
9. Bandana Waddle Dee
10. Shantae
11. BotW 2 character

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
A weird thing is that Altair's Mii Costume is not labeled as being from Assassin's Creed. This could mean that Ezio is one of the next 6 DLC Fighters.
It was labeled as that everywhere but North America for some reason

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
This is more of a wishlist.
1. Rillaboom
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Geno
4. Arle
5. Ezio
6. Mike Jones

CureParfait

Smash Ace
1. Reimu
2. Inteleon
3. Waluigi
4. Nintendo character
5. 3rd party character
6. 3rd party character

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I myself find it extremely unlikely that we are getting any sort of Pokemon rep.
How so? We just found out today that Nintendo/Sakurai can and will make exceptions to the third party rule for promotional reps. I could see Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company trying to promote a new game or DLC for an existing one that might not sell as well since they already have a game on the Switch.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
How so? We just found out today that Nintendo/Sakurai can and will make exceptions to the third party rule for promotional reps. I could see Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company trying to promote a new game or DLC for an existing one that might not sell as well since they already have a game on the Switch.
There was already a Spirit Event for Sword & Shield. If we were getting a Sword & Shield rep then we would not have gotten a Spirit Event at all. I think that it's more likely that we would instead get a Gen 9 Pokemon if DLC lasts to 2022, which is the earliest I can see it coming out.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
There was already a Spirit Event for Sword & Shield. If we were getting a Sword & Shield rep then we would not have gotten a Spirit Event at all. I think that it's more likely that we would instead get a Gen 9 Pokemon if DLC lasts to 2022, which is the earliest I can see it coming out.
2 Things. Firstly, DLC for SwSh is only confirmed for 2020. Pass 2 ends at the end of 2021, so something could happen in 2021. And secondly, there are two franchises that the rules don't apply to and can get a rep no matter what: Fire Emblem and Pokemon.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
2 Things. Firstly, DLC for SwSh is only confirmed for 2020. Pass 2 ends at the end of 2021, so something could happen in 2021. And secondly, there are two franchises that the rules don't apply to and can get a rep no matter what: Fire Emblem and Pokemon.
Actually, Pokemon only has this distinction for the base roster.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Reposting this from the Speculation Thread. These are characters that I think would be in, not ones that I want to be in. So in no particular order, I think...
  1. Lloyd Irving
  2. Crash Bandicoot
  3. Travis Touchdown
  4. Frisk
  5. Cinderance/Inteleon
  6. A Sony rep

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I don't really know at this point, but here are my guesses in no particular order:

- Ryu Hayabusa
- Doomguy
- Some new Pokemon
- Dante or Jill Valentine (or another Capcom character)
- Travis Touchdown
- Some other Nintendo promotional pick (Astral Chain maybe? Idk)

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
Wanting:
- Scorpion
- Doom Guy
- Spyro
- Crash
- Lara Croft
- Heihachi Mishima

Expecting
- Skull Kid or Another Zelda rep
- Spyro
- New Poke'mon from Sword & Shield
- Heihachi Mishima
- Crash
- A HUGELY unexpected guest fighter like Master Chief or another let down like this final DLC was.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I'm just going to guess two:

Ryu Hayabusa
  • Big third-party NES icon in a similar vein as Simon, Mega Man, Hero
  • Koei Tecmo has phenomenal connections with Nintendo, made Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, developed Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and a little game that's in the news lately called Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Lots of rumors surrounding the guy right now, including from the big man himself, Vergeben
Generation VIII Pokémon
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield are the fastest selling Nintendo Switch games of all time (as of Jan. 16, 2020) and Nintendo will definitely want to tap into that market in order to entice more casual gamers into buying the 2nd Fighter's Pass
  • Would continue the trend of always having a new Pokemon to promote the new games in each stage of Smash in the same vein as Byleth and Fire Emblem Three Houses (Roy/Pichu in Melee -> Ike/Lucario in Brawl -> Robin/Greninja in 4 -> Mewtwo/Roy in 4 DLC -> Chrom/Incineroar Ultimate -> Byleth/???? Ultimate DLC)
  • It'll probably happen just because it seems like Nintendo always needs to advertise one even if they break a ton of fan "rules" lol
I don't think it would be any of the Pokemon already spirited however (i.e. not the starters or the box legendaries). My first guess would probably be Kubfu or Urshifu, because those are going to be promoting the new DLC expansion packs.

Hopefully Sakurai and team keeps up the trend of having a whole lot of oddball picks, because I don't really think I could pin any other characters exactly down. For bonus points, I'll say that I do not think we're getting Geno, I do not think we're getting many western fighters, and that there will be a Hollow Knight Mii Costume.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that it's just too late for a Sword & Shield Pokemon to get in. I think that any first party additions will just be AT promotions.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I'm not going to throw out definite predictions, but I'd be surprised if NONE of these make it in:

Dante
Travis
Arle
Master Chief
Sol Badguy
Ragna
Doomfellow
Lloyd/Yuri/Velvet/other Tales character
Geno
Any gen 8 Pokemon
Reimu
Nightmare
Lara Croft
Ryu Hayabusa

Like, ONE of these has to get in, but I'm not going to commit to who. If none do, then Sakurai is a master of the unpredictable.

Last edited:

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to go with a prediction list here since Season 1's Fighter Pass showed how some characters that seemed unlikely ended up making it in and surprised everyone by their inclusions. For that this is more of a wishlist for what I want for Season 2's Fighter Pass, which I hope at least has a couple of the characters I mention on here make it in for real. Don't get me wrong, I thought that the first Fighter Pass was alright, but none of its characters were ones that I really wanted. Yeah Terry is fun, Banjo is a good secondary for me, and I've been a fan of Dragon Quest for years, but they weren't characters I rooted for initially. So now this is my wishlist Fighter Pass for Season 2:

1. Amaterasu - The main protagonist of Okami, this divine white wolf would be a grand character to see. Smash could use some more quadrupedal fighters, and Amaterasu would make for a sweet light and fast combatant. She could easily have access to her Celestial Brush and an Ink Pot meter which could help showcase all the techniques associated with it in her game. Or with her Divine Instruments she could swap around her main weapon from either a Reflector, Rosary, or Glaive like how she fought more in MvC3, effectively acting as a stance fighter. There's a lot of potential for the character and while other Capcom reps like Phoenix Wright & Dante are a lot more popular, I think that Amaterasu would be a lot more unique and enjoyable to play as.

2. Porky - I'm honestly surprised he's not already included within the base game as anything like a returning boss from Brawl or even as a spirit (Absolutely Safe Capsule doesn't visibly show Porky). If we need another Nintendo rep for the next Fighter Pass, Porky should be it. Smash needs more villain reps, and I think that Porky could fulfill a much-needed role as the antagonist from the Earthbound/Mother series. Plus his main battle theme Porky Means Business is long overdue for being a song in Smash. I think that the mech-fighter archetype needs to be tried again since I don't think Bowser Jr. really did a good job with the concept in my opinion. It would be great to make him a superheavy in his mech he used in the final battle against Ness in Earthbound (since that one is smaller in size than his one from Mother 3, making Porky around Bowser's size in the game). Bonus points if his kit ended up making him an anti-Ness type of character that could do things like be unfazed by PK Fire.

3. Goro Majima -Kazuma Kiryu's complicated ally from the Yakuza franchise, Goro Majima would make his surprise appearance in Smash, having taken the invitation from Kiryu because Yakuza 6 plot reasons. The main reason I'd pick him over Kiryu is that Majima just has more to offer to me in my opinion. He'd be more of a wildcard type of guest character for one, and although he's been playable a couple of times in the Yakuza series, Majima isn't really someone I'd call a good or a bad guy, but rather a crazy guy. The main thing I'd want from Majima is for him to be a stance fighter that can alter his fighting style, which would give him different jab, dash, tilts, and smash attacks. He should be able to switch between his Mad Dog (default), Thug, Slugger, and Breaker styles using a Down Special in order to show off just how much versatility he could have. Each of these would have their own strengths and weaknesses associated with them, such as Slugger being good for power and disjoints but slower in frame-data, while Breaker has great speed and combo potential but is weaker in damage output. Also the Heat bar unique the Yakuza franchise should appear as well. He'd be able to perform powerful attacks when the bar is charged-up enough, akin to weaker Final Smashes. Overall Goro Majima would be a fantastic surprise pick for Smash, and also I highly recommend that everyone who reads his message to go and play Yakuza 0, it's one of the greatest video games ever made.

4. Agumon - That's right Graizen, I'm choosing Agumon as a Bandai-Namco rep over characters such as Heihachi, a Dark Souls rep, etc. Digimon really needs Smash more than any other Bamco franchise at the moment. Tekken doesn't need Smash to do fine—it's still plenty popular, and I know that the Dark Souls developers would be fine without their series getting represented in it. Tales does okay too, but really it's Soul Calibur & Digimon that I think really need Smash the most out of any Bamco frachise (there's also Klonoa, but I think Agumon offers more as a character). Agumon would be great for having its digivolution mechanic as a part of Smash, so it would digivolve into Greymon and MetalGreymon during its fight, affecting how its attributes and moves function. This digital monster wouldn't be lacking in moveset potential either as the Agumon family is well-known in the series for having a wide array of attacks. Also since Tamagotchi are digital pets, they are still video games just as much as Mr. Game & Watch or ROB is, so Agumon does meet the "video game character" requirement for Smash. Overall I think that Agumon being included in Smash would bring some much-needed love to the Digimon franchise and help it get its well-deserved recognition again.

5. Master Chief - The super soldier of the Halo franchise, Master Chief is easily my number one most-wanted character for SSBU as DLC. He's a video game icon on par with Mario & Sonic, and I think that Chief's never had a better shot at entering Smash than now. Microsoft has shown that they're very willing to work with Nintendo, such as letting Banjo-Kazooie in as fighters and the most recent Cuphead Mii Costume. Smash is rather lacking in a FPS rep, and while some people might really want Doomguy instead (who isn't bad, I just want Chief a lot more), I think Master Chief would be the perfect fit for this. He could be a superheavy with access to decent disjoints (such as the Gravity Hammer for an F-Smash and the Energy Sword for an F-Tilt) and zoning potential (the Needler and Plasma Grenades would definitely need to be included in his kit as well). For reference, Chief is canonly around seven feet tall and weights one thousand pounds in his Mark VI Mjolnir Armor, so he really would be about Ganondorf's height and should have a weight stat of 130 (in-between DK & K. Rool), but despite this would still be a lot faster than he looks (of course not Doomguy levels of ground speed). He could even have mechanics such as his Energy Shielding be included in Smash, and maybe a unique shield that's based off of Armor Lock. Really there's so much cool stuff Chief could do and I really think that him being included in Smash would be generate a ton of hype and positive reception. I pray that Master Chief finds himself as a fighter in Smash one day, and hopefully that day will come within the next two years.

6. Nightmare - I like Nightmare a lot as a fighter too, and really with Bandai-Namco helping develop Super Smash Bros Ultimate, they do deserve more reps than just Pac-Man. Some people may argue that Smash has enough sword-using reps, but I think Nightmare could stand out as a superheavy sword-user with fighting game mechanics and stances (similar to my idea with Majima, in order to display the most of Nightmare's moves from his games). In fact Smash could really use not just more superheavyweight characters, but also villains as well, and Nightmare fills both of those roles out just fine. Soul Calibur is a 3D fighting game just like Tekken, but I think that Nightmare's mechanics from the Soul Calibur series could translate better into Smash than Heihachi's Tekken mechanics in my opinion (although I'd still be down for Heihachi as well). It would also be cool to see Nightmare face-off against the likes of Link again, and show everyone Soul Edge's might. In his main games, Nightmare is known for being a top-high tier character that's also a pub-stomper thanks to being entry-level, a role that I'd love to see him have again in SSBU (too many top tiers in Ultimate have skyscraper-tall skill ceilings, which I think hinders more people from playing competitively). If not Agumon, Nightmare is easily my runner-up pick for another Bamco rep for Smash, and a fine one he would be.

Honorable mentions also go out to: Heihachi, Heavy (TF2) and Firebrand as other great characters I'd love to see in Smash as well. Please Sakurai, I hope that one of the determined fighters for Season 2's Fighter Pass is someone on my wanted list.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Most wanted:
Crash Bandicoot
Doom Slayer
Spyro
Dante
Heihachi
Toad

If I had to guess:
Crash
Doom Slayer
Geno
Rayman
Heihachi/Lloyd (toss up)
Lara Croft

Graizen

Smash Champion
My bets for the 6 DLC:

Crash Bandicoot
Gen 8 Pokémon ( Cinderace )
Agumon / Digimon Tamer
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa
Sora

Bets.jpg

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm seeing an awful lot of people speculating a Gen 8 Pokemon, when it's actually not very likely because of the game already got a post-launch Spirit event.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm seeing an awful lot of people speculating a Gen 8 Pokemon, when it's actually not very likely because of the game already got a post-launch Spirit event.
I imagine a Nintendo executive saying "this character would definitively sell a lot, but the Smash team already put a png image of it in the game so... now we can't"

It's Pokémon, new game , DLC , they want to sell more.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
11. LeBron James: Yes Sakurai will reveal he’s a basketball fan and for the first time put a basketball...
You joke, but I feel Smash really is missing a "sports character" (boxing doesn't count.) I'm not saying it has to be a real person, even one of the original character from Mario Golf would work, but given how big sports games are, I'm suprised there's no sports game rep. ... Of course that does lead to the problem of who exactly you'd choose.

We just found out today that Nintendo/Sakurai can and will make exceptions to the third party rule for promotional reps.
Anytime you guys come up with a "rule" Sakurai breaks it. At this point, Sakurai could annouce the next playable characters never even made it into a game, but was just used in concept art that got cut and it wouldn't suprise me. (In fact, I'd actually love to see people's reactions.)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I imagine a Nintendo executive saying "this character would definitively sell a lot, but the Smash team already put a png image of it in the game so... now we can't"

It's Pokémon, new game , DLC , they want to sell more.
If they were going to put a Sword & Shield Pokemon in the game they wouldn't have even done that Spirit Event in the first place and instead those Spirits would have been packaged with the fighter. There is an obvious reason why FE 3 Houses never got a Spirit Event. Although Gen 8's ship has sailed, they can always include a Gen 9 Pokemon if Ultimate is still supported in 2022.

Graizen

Smash Champion
If they were going to put a Sword & Shield Pokemon in the game they wouldn't have even done that Spirit Event in the first place and instead those Spirits would have been packaged with the fighter. There is an obvious reason why FE 3 Houses never got a Spirit Event. Although Gen 8's ship has sailed, they can always include a Gen 9 Pokemon if Ultimate is still supported in 2022.
Ok but, this changes nothing.
Sakurai can put a Pokémon there, he can use a spirit and make a fighter, fan rules don't change the power Sakurai and Nintendo have.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong
KOS-MOS
Rayman
Shantae
Pokemon rep
Lloyd Irving

Pretty much a reasonable want list from me more than an expectation one haha.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
A common theme i'm seeing with all these pass 2 requests is the heavy emphasis on third parties, I honestly think it's gonna be more of a mix of first and third party favorites.

Last edited:

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
While I highly doubt he'd be included in Fighters Pass 2, would anyone be up for John Marston from Red Dead Redemption being a rep for Rockstar? I always seem to forget that company when it comes to making candidates. The only other character that comes to mind that I'd throw into the ring is Trevor from GTAV... and I just don't ever see that happening, but man would it be classic to hear Steve Ogg's voice while beating up the likes of Mario.... and now that I think of it, a Final Smash where he randomly steals a car and runs down opponents is putting a big smile on my face. But anyway, back to John.

Yay? Nay?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Predictions
FP6:
Crash Bandicoot
FP7: Ring Fit Adventurer
FP8: Sora
FP9: A new Pokémon (Gen VIII or not)
FP10: Euden
FP11: Ryu Hayabusa

Wishlist (in no particular order, taking Spirits out of account)
-Adeleine and Ribbon
-Sirfetch'd
-Jill Valentine
-Arle Nadja
-DeMille (Tomato Adventure)
-Tingle

I got my wish for a Nintendo character via Byleth (who broke the silly "3rd parties only" fan rule), but I just wish they weren't FP5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom