• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 6 DLC Characters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A common theme i'm seeing with all these pass 2 requests is the heavy emphasis on third parties, I honestly think it's gonna be more of a mix of first and third party favorites.
I feel like I have to constantly remind people that fighting game DLC seasons are not repeats of one another.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
1.) Ryu Hayabusa
2.) Rayman
3.) Master Chief
4.) Pokémon Sword & Shield Rep
5.) Phoenix Wright
6.) Zelda BotW 2 Character

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The next 6 in my perfect world.

1. Doom Slayer
2. Geno
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Steve
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Sora

Then *SURPRISE* one last fighter, being Waluigi to end DLC.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Wishlist:
-Phoenix Wright
-Resident Evil rep
-Travis Touchdown
-Crash
-Geno
-Scorpion

What I think will actually occur:
-Gen 8 Pokémon (Likely Urshifu)
-Sora
-Lloyd Irving
-Dante
-Doomguy
-Steve

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
My predictions:

1. Travis Touchdown
2. Shin Megami Tensei character
3. Jibanyan
4. Pokemon character
5. Heihachi
6. Waluigi or Geno

My wishlist:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Captain Toad/Toadette
3. Bandana Dee
4. Porky Minch
5. Krystal
6. Pauline or ARMS rep

None of these are in order of release and my wish list characters besides Dixie Kong im more in it for the amiibo than the characters themselves. Because I honestly dont see myself still playing Smash all the way until December 2021. Not with the amount of content Switch keeps getting.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Im thinking

#6 - Sonic Rep (Tails, Eggman, Silver ect...)
#7 - Doom Slayer
#8 - Pokemon Rep (most likely from Sword&Shield like one of the starters, possibly Rillaboom, likely Cinderace, or possibly Toxtricity)
I know, I know, another pokemon rep but if Nintendo is willing to do the same with Fire Emblem then I don't think this is a total stretch.
#9 - Spyro
#10 - Chun-Li
#11 - Heavy From tf2 (or any other tf2 characters)

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Wishlist:
1.Ryu Hayabusa
2.KOS-MOS
3.Crash Bandicoot
4.Rayman
5.Conker
6.Chrono

If I was in Sakurai's position:
1.Crash Bandicoot (Get hype going for FP2)
2.2B (Seems to be a popular request from a newer series, revealed with Ryu)
3.Ryu Hayabusa (One of the last NES beginnings characters & a mainstay in the Dead or Alive series)
4.Heihachi (The truly last, very influential 2D fighting game legend)
5.Travis Touchdown (Popular niche request)
6.Geno (Another popular somewhat niche request)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
In all seriousness I think Rex is definitely one. Maybe even the first one to get revealed. Sakurai mentioned he wanted to add Rex but didn’t have the time (which is pretty much BS if he had time for Byleth). They can also release him around the time of the remastered XC1. Or at least reveal him around then. I forget when it comes out.

I think we’ll get one spirit promotion, and one AT promotion. Although Rex is a spirit as well so I don’t know if he would count for that. Waluigi is the most obvious AT promotion, although I’d rather another.

I also think we’ll get a Gen 8 Pokémon because they love adding their Pokémon as much as FE and we have 2 DLC packs for SwSh.

And I think we’ll get a BotW 2 character. If we have older characters returning in that game then maybe we’ll get a Champion.

And I think the other 2 or 3 will be third party characters. I think this pass will be more first party focused, but who knows.

So my predictions are:

1. Rex
2. Spirit Promotion
3. AT Promotion (Probably Waluigi)
4. Third Party
5. BotW 2 character
6. Third Party

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I think the next 6 characters will continue to be a mix of fan service/business deals (and both at the same time). So here's my 6, some personal bias in them, obviously:

1) Rayman - Give Ubisoft some love, plus still no costume for him
2) Lloyd Irivng - How Namco hasn't already gotten another rep after Pac is beyond me
3) Geno - I think he'll be in purely by popular demand/nostalgia, a la Banjo
4) Doom Guy - Still waiting for that Bethesda comment to pay off, plus they've been pretty loyal to the switch
5) Ryu Hayabusa - Lots of history here
6) Gen 8 Pokemon - Gonna happen. Cuz Pokemon

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Here's my guesses:

1. Doomslayer: Western rep, Cacomallow leak, strong character to open the pass with similar to Joker.
2. Geno: Cacomallow leak, shows spirits are on the table, and would be the B&K of this pass being a highly requested character that isn't relevant to modern gaming.
3. 8th gen Pokemon: Figured we wouldn't be getting one after the spirit board but with FE3H making it in, I definitely think Nintendo will squeeze one in now.
4. Lloyd Irving: Bandai rep and another highly requested character.
5. Sora: Huge crowd pleaser and requested across all regions.
6. 1st Party/AT upgrade: Astral Chain or a new Zelda rep is possible. Could see Isaac or Waluigi getting upgraded here too.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I made two based on 1st and 3rd parties.
IMG_20200117_211937.jpg

IMG_20200117_211940.jpg

For 1st parties it's simple, do they have a spirit or existing role? I have seen no reason to believe that Spirits can be playable...yet. and so far these are the only characters that don't have spirits.

You're free to ask about anything else.

Last edited:

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Here's my wishlist:

- Ninten
- Krystal...assuming that AT characters are qualified. If not, then Elma.
- Toad (in his Captain Toad persona minus the backpack)
- Rillaboom
- Rex and Pyra/Mythra
- Shantae

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
My predictions :
1. Sword & Shield rep
2. Western Third Party Rep
3. Level-5 rep
4. Heihachi
5-6. Popular request (Steve, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee,...)

I want :

Decidueye as Intelleon's echo...

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Here’s my take.

1. Crash
2. KOS-MOS
3. Travis
4. Hayabusa
5. Dante
6. BOTW2 Zelda

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
My prediction/speculation:

1.Geno
2.Lloyd
3.Dante
4.Crash
5.Fire Emblem Rep
6.Pokemon Rep

I would love Master Chief, maybe swap him out between a Fire Emblem Rep or Pokemon Rep

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems Ryu Hyabusa is the main consistent factor in people's lists.
I do wonder if he was originally character 5 and when the second lot of DLC was added, he was moved back to the second one.

Would make sense if we believe the rumour mill.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My predictions, in no particular order:
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.
hmm, thinking of removing Arle (maybe moving her to a hypothetical Pass 3 or she even gets Mii Costume'd). Hayabusa and the others will be shifted down as a new person takes the 1 spot: Mecha-Fiora.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. She's in Shulk's Final Smash but hear me out. First off, Chrom. Just... everything about Chrom is a thing. Second, Xenoblade Definitive Edition is on the horizon and she can be used to promote that. I originally thought of her as an Elma Echo or Semi-clone but maybe she and Elma can both be unique AND we'd have a Spirit Promotion as the Season 2 opener. This also assumes Octoling is unique or at least a semi-clone like Lucas/Wolf/Isabelle too.

NintenZ NintenZ

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
hmm, thinking of removing Arle (maybe moving her to a hypothetical Pass 3 or she even gets Mii Costume'd). Hayabusa and the others will be shifted down as a new person takes the 1 spot: Mecha-Fiora.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. She's in Shulk's Final Smash but hear me out. First off, Chrom. Just... everything about Chrom is a thing. Second, Xenoblade Definitive Edition is on the horizon and she can be used to promote that. I originally thought of her as an Elma Echo or Semi-clone but maybe she and Elma can both be unique AND we'd have a Spirit Promotion as the Season 2 opener. This also assumes Octoling is unique or at least a semi-clone like Lucas/Wolf/Isabelle too.

NintenZ NintenZ
Another thing that’s going in her favor is the lack of Mechon Face Spirits, most of them were featured in Smash 4 but strangely went missing as Spirits in Ultimate, so it’s possible they could be coming in her own Spirit Board.

The available model and assets could be use to streamline development of her and reverse-engineer it into a fighter, in a way having those assets already available from the start cuts down on a lot of development time but said model would need to be touched up a bit just like how Chrom’s was.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
2 characters/series i can say for certain we will get something on are

Travis Touchdown: either as a character or mii sword fighter.

S&S Pokémon: it's either got to be another starter, Legendary or if I'm being bias Toxtricity.

As for wild picks I'd say:
Arle from puyo puyo.
Monster Hunter.
Roll from Megaman.
Agumon from Digimon.
Bandana Dee from Kirby.
Django from Boktai.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I made this FP of what I think would appeal to a broad range of people. I don't necessarily think it's likely considering there's no Pokémon newcomer (which I have faith in), but I wouldn't mind if we ended up getting even half of these characters.

fighterpass-vol2-speculah.png

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Might as well throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth...

With Spirits Included
  1. Agumon (Digimon) => Digimon has a long running history with Nintendo, Digimon Survive is scheduled to be released in 2020 for Switch, Digimon will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary of the Digimon Anime alongside the game, Bandai Namco works on Smash Ultimate, Bandai Namco only has 1 rep currently in Smash with Pac-Man, other Bamco characters aren't as likely to me (Elma I see as more likely than KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving hasn't had a new game in a while, Heihachi I can't see how he'd work in Smash when Tekken is a 3D fighter).
  2. Rayman => Has a long running history with Nintendo, Ubisoft doesn't have any character reps in Smash yet, very popular choice amongst fans, Altair (Assassins Creed) and Rabbids costumes are in the game (this shows Nintendo are collaborating with Ubisoft when it comes to Smash Ultimate).
  3. Crash Bandicoot => Has long standing rivalry with Nintendo, can be considered a gaming icon, both N Sane Trilogy and CTR Nitro-Fueled are on the Switch, very popular choice amongst fans.
  4. Impa (Legend of Zelda) => 1st party Nintendo character, one of the most recurring characters in the Zelda series, Breath of the Wild 2 scheduled to be released in 2020.
  5. Shantae => Highly requested character, one of the most popular indie characters, entire series has been released on Nintendo consoles, long running history with Nintendo, Shantae and the Seven Sirens is scheduled to be released in 2020 for the Switch.
  6. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles) => Highly requested character, 1st party Nintendo character, is present in both Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X (which might get a Switch port), Rex is already a Mii fighter costume.
Without Spirits Included
  1. Agumon (Digimon) => See Above.
  2. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) => Ubisoft doesn't have any character reps in Smash yet, all games in series have been on Nintendo consoles, No More Heroes 3 is scheduled to be released in 2020 for the Switch.
  3. Crash Bandicoot => See Above.
  4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) => Long running history with Nintendo, heavily speculated character.
  5. Doom Slayer (DOOM) => Heavily speculated character, DOOM Eternal scheduled to be released in 2020 for the Nintendo Switch.
  6. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo Tetris) => Puyo Puyo Tetris is on the Switch, heavily speculated character, SEGA Rep (SEGA technically has 3 characters in, being Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker), Puyo Puyo developer retweeted the 1/16 video revealing Byleth.

Edit: Upon further review and speculation, I've decided to remove Monster Hunter and replace it with Doom Slayer.

Last edited:

Rahadian Sulisetyo

Smash Rookie
My predictions:
1. Manic the Hedgehog
2. Sonia the Hedgehog
3. Princess Sally Acorn (post-SGW)
4. Crash Bandicoot & Aku-Aku
5. Coco Bandicoot
6. Miles "Tails" Prower and (for alt.) Zooey the Fox

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
My wishlist:

1. Shantae
2. Bandana Dee
3. Sora
4. Dixie Kong
5. Rex & Pyra
6. Travis Touchdown

Who I think:

1. Indie character
2. 1st party Nintendo character
3. 1st party Nintendo character
4. 1st party Nintendo character
5. 3rd Party Sony character
6. 3rd party Microsoft character

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
391C5DFD-0D41-44D7-919D-3B2F1CF04EE8.jpeg
My predictions right here. Sadly, I only really care about 1, and I’m kinda iffy about another. Here’s hoping I’m wrong, except for Phoenix Wright please let me be right about Phoenix Wright

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Main Predictions (FPV2).png

I believe Volume 2 isn't going to differ very much from what Volume 1 had to offer and thus, this is what I believe we're looking it. Also includes a potential timeline, though now I believe Crash will release during E3 instead of before.
  1. Crash Bandicoot: Somebody has to kick off the pass. We need a character with worldwide appeal, who makes everybody go "wow, Nintendo does awesome picks!", especially after Byleth was a "meh" from the casual audience. I believe Crash Bandicoot, who came back from a long hibernation in 2017 to roaring success will do the job the best, especially since he's also pretty similar to Joker. Both of them traditionally aren't associated with Nintendo, but rather Sony, thus the character sells to a new audience.
    1. Other characters that I believe could fit this mold are Dante, 2B, Sora, Steve, and Frisk.
  2. The Doom Slayer: A character who makes the west go crazy, especially since the reveal is happening at E3, a predominantly western event. DOOM carries a humongous legacy, as to First-Person Shooters as Dragon Quest is to Role Playing Games. Thus, a character that represents western gaming history will be a big deal.
    1. Other characters like him are Lara Croft, Master Chief, the Dragonborn, and potentially even a Valve character like the Heavy or Gordon Freeman.
  3. Arle Nadja: Of course I was going to guess her! This is a character who gets Japan to **** their pants. I think the legacy she provides, alongside the fact that her parent company is already on board is the biggest reason why I think she's got a good shot. Not to mention, the big pushes that SEGA have been making lately seem to be building up to this, and I think they're gonna close out Smash Bros. with one more character.
    1. Of course, she's not the only character who could pull this off. Reimu Hakurei is one that comes to mind out of third parties, but there are several choices who could do this. Maybe Kazuma Kiryu. Maybe Crono. Maybe Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell.
  4. Travis Touchdown: The final third party character of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is... Travis. Well, he is actually a fairly popular Smash request already! So the deal here is that like Terry, he's a significant, if rather low-key, third party character who doesn't make regions go "OH MY GOOODDDD!!!!", but is given the time of day and proves himself.
    1. They've got fans, but I think other characters who could pull this off are Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Ryu Hayabusa, and Bill Rizer.
  5. Bandana Waddle Dee: I've got a feeling that something Kirby is coming in 2021. This is the perfect opportunity to add a fan favorite character, as well as market the next game in the series. While a Spirit, I believe that it won't end up mattering, because it was base-game wise, and post-script DLC likely doesn't factor in existing spirits. As well, these two characters likely have enough content between them to include in Smash Ultimate.
    1. If not, we could see Paper Mario, a Zelda character, or perhaps even somebody else from the recent Animal Crossing or another promotional Nintendo game. Not Pokémon, because see below.
  6. Waluigi: A bang, but also a disappointment, best of both worlds. Waluigi opens the door in a way none thought possible, getting the ultimate position of the final character in a suitably mean spirited trailer. The casual fandom is ecstatic, but Waluigi's controversial reception in the hardcore fandom, while not Byleth levels of bad, would be rather contentious. There would be some who appreciate him being a promoted Assist, but it wouldn't help because it'd be the last character.
    1. Other characters I think could pull this off are limited to Pokémon, specifically a Galarian one. Probably one of the starters. Cinderace > Rillaboom > Intelleon. In chance, not in want, for me.
    2. Isaac is another option here for the reverse: the hardcore fandom dies in hype, but the casual fandom goes "wtf who cares".

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
6. Reimu Hakurei
Doujin leak may or may not be real, but I think it's clear from Mii costumes that Nintendo have heard the clamour for an indie character, and while it could be Shantae I don't see Ninty picking a third party character without a franchise, and Touhou is the biggest left.

7. Arle Nadja
Speaking of Indies with franchises. While she's since been bought by Sega I strongly suspect she'll be pitched as indie rep 2

8. Zhao Yun
There's been enough talk about KT getting a rep, but I feel they'll pull a trick on the lot of us, especially as Ninty probably want to appeal to China.

9. Ryu Hayabusa
Don't think they'd do Zhao Yun without a Ryu tease though, would get too much backlash.

10. Doom Slayer
One western character per pass, might be Crash, but I think Bethesda want it more.

11. Bandai's Byleth
Some character they want to push we don't really know yet, maybe the next Tales protagonist?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Compile is definitely not indie

They had huge publishers coming up to them to publish and fund their games lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah I posted this a few days ago in the newcomer thread and forgot to post it here.

For now, this'll be what I'm hoping for, as unlikely as any of these characters are, lol.

I suppose I'm just obsessed with stylish violence.

As for the actual topic OP wanted us to discuss, uhm...

1. 2B is the only one on my list I see happening. She's big, she's popular, Sakurai likes Nier Automata, easy guess.
2. Beyond that, a gen 8 pokemon, specifically Cinderace, a disappointing character maybe, but one that certainly makes sense businesswise.
3. Dovahkiin, Bethesda are clearly open to it, and it's pretty hard to deny its influence
4. Gran, now this one's gonna be weird, but hear me out. Cygames and Nintendo have a working relationship and this would be the prime opportunity to put in Cygames's flagship franchise. If Nintendo's worried about internationality or whatever, I could also see Euden.
5. Hayabusa, Iconic, long-standing, company baby, close relationship with Nintendo, etc etc.
6. Master Chief, a big way to end the "ultimate" smash roster.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Compile is definitely not indie

They had huge publishers coming up to them to publish and fund their games lol
A few of them, but most of their games were self published in their magazine, and the ones that weren't were on consoles which didn't allow self publishing. They admittedly created more and more professionally published games as the Japanese industry moved away from PC for family games so you can argue they stopped being indie before the buyout, but Arle was definitely an indie character, and probably in the majority of her games (they made an awful lot of sports games with her).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
OK I'll make a wishlist and a prediction...

Wishlist:
1. Isaac
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Waluigi
4. Geno
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bandana Dee

Prediction:
1. Rillaboom or Urshifu
2. Rayman
3. Waluigi
4. Geno
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Crash Bandicoot

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well doomguy May have just died but I still think there’s hope for quite a few

My predictions (no particular order)

Crash bandicoot
Ryu hayabusa
Dante/capcom rep
Heihachi/Nightmare/bandi namco rep
Geno (probably the one and only character to get promoted during a game) if not him then Travis touchdown perhaps.
Master chief or 1st party character/pokemon sword and shield rep

Hope is waluigi getting a promotion

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
A few of them, but most of their games were self published in their magazine, and the ones that weren't were on consoles which didn't allow self publishing. They admittedly created more and more professionally published games as the Japanese industry moved away from PC for family games so you can argue they stopped being indie before the buyout, but Arle was definitely an indie character, and probably in the majority of her games (they made an awful lot of sports games with her).
Regardless of our varying definitions of what "indie" is, assuming someone is going to go up to Sega bigwigs and investors and want Arle in smash with "indie character rep" in mind is just "
" at this point.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
aight here's my plausible personal picks, in order of hypothetical release

1. Steve (Big reveal, gets people interested straight away)
2. Beat/Gum (JSRF) (Really surprising reveal, tons of potential, great tracks. main personal pick :3)
3. Zero (MMX) (surprises a lot of people because AT, second personal pick)
4. Pheonix Wright (big fan request)
5. Sephiroth (some FF representation wouldn't go amiss its one of the biggest series in gaming and please god add more tracks to midgar, also a huge wild card for before fighter 6)
6. Scorpion (people think its a big closing reveal, also just think of scorpion, ryu and terry fighting with an akira AT omfg)

Surprise 7th reveal -
7. Jotaro, with Dio as an echo fighter. It would massively confuse everyone, casual or hardcore - but in a ridiculously good, positive way.

Realistic -
1. Rayman (Reasonably requested, but also somewhat safe)
2. Ryu Hayabusa. Not as safe as Rayman, but also massively requested.
3. Arle Nadja. Popular character & IP, reasonable moveset.
4. Dr Eggman - cool moveset, also somewhat effective in stirring up debate and stuff
5. Pokémon rep - I don't think Sakurai would have the heart to do a Byleth again. Personally I choose Toxricity, but other is more likely.
6. Issac makes sense as a supposed 'final' character.

Surprise 7th Reveal
7. Geno. After years of Sakurai saying stuff about Geno, it makes some sense that he'd finally get in here.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Changed the order of my picks slightly, but they remain mostly the same.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Geno
3. Sora
4. Master Chief
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Steve

Still want Waluigi but we'll see what happens..

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Unrealistic picks: Every char that's already a spirit (Rip Isaac, Shantae, Astral Chain, Rex and whoever is a spirit).
There's a reason why no Three Houses spirits were available...
I also don't think that Sora will make it. Not because he wouldn't fit but, as I said in another crowded topic, Disney is just stubborn and hard to deal with. However, I think Nintendo made contact to Disney about him but the discussion probably went nowhere.
Still, he would be a pleasant surprise.

No order, just what I have in mind
1. Gen 8 Pokémon, probably a starter (Cinderace, Inteleon or Rillaboom). Highest selling Pokémon games since BW (if not better, I'm not that informed about the sales right now) and easy to get (no deals need to be made)

2. Steve. Minecraft is popular and he would probably draw even more people to Smash. Microsoft is also on really good terms with Nintendo.
The same could be said about Master Chief, but I don't think that MS will have three reps in Smash, although it'D be a cool addition. But I think Steve fits the aesthetics of Smash better (more cartoony/anime-ish)

3. Phoenix Wright. There are no AA spirits in the game, yet. And the series is a Nintendo staple (not a Nintendo IP, but yeah). It seems off that this series has no presence in Smash and Capcom already has some reps in the game, so I can see Nintendo striking a deal with them.

4. Travis Touchdown. The new No More Heroes will come out this spring and Smash would be the ideal advertisement for his game. I think it's very likely that he's the first character in the new DLC pass.

5. Reimu Hakurei. I don' know how close ZUN is the Nintendo and vice versa, however there is at least one Touhou game on the Switch and Rhythm game comes out this February. There are Touhou fighting games as well (Scarlett Weather Rhapsody for example), so the characters are having something resembling a moveset that Sakurai could use. Series is also very, very popular in Japan.

6. Dante. I think Dante would also fit right into Smash. He has a wide variety of tools (pls no Witch Time clone, though) and DMC will also come to the Switch. And again, Capcom has already reps in Smash, so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo knocked at their doors yet again.

It's honestly quite hard to come up with chars and pick some of them. I don't know how likely they would be, but I think those 6 would please me the most (despite me being no Minecraft player, never touched it).

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
A perfect future doesn't exi--

Fighter_Pass_2.png

Pretty much in order of how much I want them. All insta-mains if any of them come to pass.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My Predictions
1. Someone to promote a current/upcoming game that doesn't have a spirit event.(Luigi's Mansion 3,Ring Fit Adventure, Little Town Hero,Breath of the Wild 2, etc.)
2. Crash Bandicoot or Rayman
3. First Person Shooter or Arsenal User
4. Lloyd Irving
5. an Indie Game Rep
6. Ryu Hayabusa

Echo Fighters
1. Black Shadow
2. Ninten
3. Kasumi
4. Dixie Kong
5. Shadow
6. Agent 8(Octoling)

My Personal Wishes
1. Profesoor Elvin Gadd(Luigi's Mansion): i'm going to pray for sakurai to give Luigi's Mansion a character to represent the series and i'm hoping it's e.gadd because i like him and he can work well for a fighter, if not then King Boo can be an alternate option.
2. Rayman(Rayman): the ubisoft costumes have given me hope for rayman, but i don't want his chance to get stomped on by a Mii Costume i want to see the real rayman in action and see his fans happy.
3. Crash Bandicoot(Crash Bandicoot): i have hope for crash to make it in, while activision may have problems from what iv'e heard they shouldn't affect nintendo from making a deal for them to have the bandicoot join the fight.
4. Zael with Calista(The Last Story): while unlikely, i want to see these characters get in after playing the last story, it is an extremely underrated game. zael would obviously be the solo fighter to represent his game but i love to see calista be given a bigger role here so this might be all that would work for her.
5. Heavy(Team Fortress): would love play around with this guy, i know half life and portal are more important but team fortress is also good and should get more noticement for it's influence online and not just for a costume warrant.
6. Lloyd Irving(Tales of...): if namco gets a chance to get someone for this pass, i do hope it's lloyd, i do have hope for him even after the writing journal symbol leak.

Honorable Mentions
Geno(Super Mario)
Dry Bones(Super Mario)
Quote(Cave Story)
Boy & Blob(A Boy and His Blob)
The Knight(Hollow Knight)
Meatboy(Super Meatboy)
Shantae(Shantae)

Echo Fighters
1. Black Shadow(F-Zero)
2. Dry Bowser(Super Mario)
3. Agent 8(Splatoon)
4. Ninten(Earthbound)
5.Shadow(Sonic the Hedgehog)
6. Morgan(Fire Emblem): i just want to have Robin and Lucina's daughter have a friendly family fight.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Unrealistic picks: Every char that's already a spirit (Rip Isaac, Shantae, Astral Chain, Rex and whoever is a spirit).
There's a reason why no Three Houses spirits were available...
I also don't think that Sora will make it. Not because he wouldn't fit but, as I said in another crowded topic, Disney is just stubborn and hard to deal with. However, I think Nintendo made contact to Disney about him but the discussion probably went nowhere.
Still, he would be a pleasant surprise.

No order, just what I have in mind
1. Gen 8 Pokémon, probably a starter (Cinderace, Inteleon or Rillaboom). Highest selling Pokémon games since BW (if not better, I'm not that informed about the sales right now) and easy to get (no deals need to be made)

2. Steve. Minecraft is popular and he would probably draw even more people to Smash. Microsoft is also on really good terms with Nintendo.
The same could be said about Master Chief, but I don't think that MS will have three reps in Smash, although it'D be a cool addition. But I think Steve fits the aesthetics of Smash better (more cartoony/anime-ish)

3. Phoenix Wright. There are no AA spirits in the game, yet. And the series is a Nintendo staple (not a Nintendo IP, but yeah). It seems off that this series has no presence in Smash and Capcom already has some reps in the game, so I can see Nintendo striking a deal with them.

4. Travis Touchdown. The new No More Heroes will come out this spring and Smash would be the ideal advertisement for his game. I think it's very likely that he's the first character in the new DLC pass.

5. Reimu Hakurei. I don' know how close ZUN is the Nintendo and vice versa, however there is at least one Touhou game on the Switch and Rhythm game comes out this February. There are Touhou fighting games as well (Scarlett Weather Rhapsody for example), so the characters are having something resembling a moveset that Sakurai could use. Series is also very, very popular in Japan.

6. Dante. I think Dante would also fit right into Smash. He has a wide variety of tools (pls no Witch Time clone, though) and DMC will also come to the Switch. And again, Capcom has already reps in Smash, so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo knocked at their doors yet again.

It's honestly quite hard to come up with chars and pick some of them. I don't know how likely they would be, but I think those 6 would please me the most (despite me being no Minecraft player, never touched it).
Oh I should point out one more thing about Travis touchdown

Sudo51 without a doubt wants him in smash and is great friend with Sakurai I hear Sakurai is just remembering not to show favoritism

Top Bottom