• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 6 DLC Characters

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Today, Sakurai confirmed that a second Fighter Pass is in development, now with 6 Fighters as opposed to 5. Use this thread to post your predictions about the contents of the second Fighter Pass.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Right off the bat these 4 come to mind

Crash bandicoot
Ryu hayabusa
Geno
Doomguy
Probably a pokemon from sword and shield since they are back on the table

(I would have said cuphead but the mii costume ruins that so)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So one thing's for sure: 1st parties are back on the table
I think it's also worth mentioning that franchises that are already represented in Smash are also back on the table. I think it was strongly believed during the fighter pass that DLC would be characters from franchises completely brand new to Smash Bros. (though to be fair I think Sakurai said something that made it sound like that was going to be the case)

Byleth pretty much blew that belief away.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Five challengers joined and now Six new challengers enter the fray.

Anyways, I think Tecmo Koei's Ryu Hayabusa is most likely to be one of the six for sure and I think the second pass will most likely consist of a mix of 3rd and 1st party characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna guess, edlegard, dimitri, claude, sothis, rhea and the main one out of that "4th" house they revealed at the end

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A weird thing is that Altair's Mii Costume is not labeled as being from Assassin's Creed. This could mean that Ezio is one of the next 6 DLC Fighters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
A weird thing is that Altair's Mii Costume is not labeled as being from Assassin's Creed. This could mean that Ezio is one of the next 6 DLC Fighters.
Maybe it was a request from Ubisoft that it be promoted in that way? I'm not sure why they'd want that though.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My prediction:

#6 - Ryu Hayabusa (Tecmo-Koei)
#7 - Pokemon Sword & Shield Rep
#8 - Third Party (Bandai Namco/Capcom)
#9 - Third Party
#10 - Nintendo Character
#11 - Nintendo Character

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am expecting a Pokemon character.

Probably the undefeated champion Leon and his Charizard! Joking.

If not a character, I'm at least hoping for a DLC stage with music.

Pretty much have all the characters I wanted, so any character from any series is a bonus for me at this point.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I need to remind I just realized

We got the rabbids as costumes but yet no rayman?

So he might be on the table for a package

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm jumping on the Ryu H is definitely one of the 6 train.

As for who I think the other 5 could be:
1. Doomguy
2. Reimu
3. Someone from a upcoming Nintendo game
4. Someone from SE
5. A wildcard

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Knowing absolutely nothing about how Fighter's Pass 2 will go, here's my blind predictions:
1. Geno
2. Heihachi
3. Doom Marine
4. Crash
5. Rillaboom/Toxtricity
6. Bandana Waddle Dee

I also predict we'll get Mii Costumes for Hat Kid, Hornet from Hollow Knight, and Ori in the same vein as Sans and Cuphead.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My predictions, in no particular order:
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.
Whoa where was this?!

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Not sure why this needed a separate thread, but oh well. Here's mine...
  1. Bandai Namco character (Heihachi, Lloyd)
  2. Spirit promotion character (Bandana Waddle Dee)
  3. Capcom character (Phoenix Wright, Dante)
  4. Sega / Atlus character (Dr. Eggman, Arle, Kiryu, Shin Megami Tensei character, Etrian Odyssey character)
  5. Assist Trophy promotion character (Waluigi)
  6. Indie character (Reimu, Hollow Knight, Undyne, Goose, Cadence)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Whoa where was this?!

http://itest.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1579010436/831

I was too lazy to translate this before the direct but this supposed leak somewhat was right. It's not saying much tho.

FP1 was supposed be Hero / Terry / Banjo / Hayabusa / Joker.
After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
FP2 was decided before E3, but the lineup was finalized in the summer after E3.
FP3 is already has been decided and they are still under negotiations.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2.
Here, FP2 and FP3 mean Fighter’s Pass 2 and 3.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
1. Koei Techmo rep (most likely Ryu Hayabusa)
2. Bandai Namco rep (Lloyd, Heihachi, KOS-MOS, or Nightmare)
3. Bethesda rep (Doomslayer or Dragonborn)
4. MonolithSoft rep (Rex, Elma, or an XC1 character to tie in with Definitive Edition)
5. Pokemon Sword/Shield rep (most likely one of the starters)
6. Indie rep (Shantae, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, or Quote)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I find it highly unlikely that a Sword & Shield Pokemon will get in.
I find it highly likely that a Sword & Shield Pokemon will get in.

I'd go as far to say that Rillaboom is the single most likely newcomer for the 2nd fighter pass.

(Unless Sakurai goes for a swerve and puts Urshifu in)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I find it highly likely that a Sword & Shield Pokemon will get in.

I'd go as far to say that Rillaboom is the single most likely newcomer for the 2nd fighter pass.
If we were getting one then there would not have been a Sword & Shield Spirit event, as those Spirits would instead have been packaged with the fighter.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I find it highly unlikely that a Sword & Shield Pokemon will get in.
Any particular reason why? Sword/Shield are some of the fastest-selling Switch games and Nintendo loves cross-promotion. I'm not the biggest fan of the Gen VIII games based on what I've seen but it almost seems inevitable with how insanely popular Pokemon is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Any particular reason why? Sword/Shield are some of the fastest-selling Switch games and Nintendo loves cross-promotion. I'm not the biggest fan of the Gen VIII games based on what I've seen but it almost seems inevitable with how insanely popular Pokemon is.
I already posted my reason why.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If we were getting one then there would not have been a Sword & Shield Spirit event, as those Spirits would instead have been packaged with the fighter.
Is that set in stone?

Besides we haven't received any spirits from the Pokemon Expansion Pass. If the Pokemon representative ended up being Urshifu that would be even more reason to have spirits based on the Expansion Pass rather than the base game.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
1. Travis Touchdown
2. Pokemon Sword & Shield rep
3. Rex
4. Geno
5. Goku
6.Chun-li/Cammy

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Is that set in stone?

Besides we haven't received any spirits from the Pokemon Expansion Pass. If the Pokemon representative ended up being Urshifu that would be even more reason to have spirits based on the Expansion Pass rather than the base game.
There's a reason why Three Houses didn't get a Spirit event.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I already posted my reason why.
Sorry, I didn't see that until after I replied. But there's dozens of other new Pokemon they could make into Spirits. Especially with the new legendaries coming with the Sword/Shield DLC.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.
Would make an amazing pass. I can only hope for our sakes that KOS-MOS and Elma at least get a costume for Xenoblade Definitive edition because if not I fear they will be ruled out by a lot of people when using the stupid relevancy argument. Keep the Elma/KOS-MOS passion going! And honestly I'm pretty shocked myself about Arle retweet.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If it be a mixture of 1st party and 3rd parties, then when it comes to third parties:

Dante
Master Chief
Hayabusa

Travis Touchdown can also be a surprise factor, but these are the main 3 I see happening. Dante especially.

When it comes to 1st party...I don't know, especially since Astral Chain got axed due to them being Spirits now. I guess what they can do is add new characters to existing franchises. Zelda would love to have at least one.

xzx

Smash Lord
Fighters Pass 2:

1) Fire Emblem character
2) Fire Emblem character
3) Fire Emblem character
4) Fire Emblem character
5) Fire Emblem character
6) Fire Emblem character

My predictions.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Some very basic predictions:

4 Third-Party, 2 Nintendo fighter split
A Third-Party character that will 'wow' people will be revealed first to drum up FP sales
There will be one 'Xeno' rep - whether it's an XC2 rep, Elma, KOS-MOS or someone else
No Pokemon, from SwSH or otherwise

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Third Party Rep
Third Party Rep - Western
First Party - Sword and Shield
Third Party
First Party - Unrevealed Game
Edit: I mean by this one in which I can Nintendo doing an Isabelle except a bit more riskier take in a sense.
First Party - Promotion

Right, I'm done posting for a few hours.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
My Theories:
1. Geno
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Heihachi Mishima
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Ryu hayabusa

My Wish List:
1. Ring Fit Trainer