• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new top tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
They all suck in some part sadly you saw the retarted part. What kind of things are you wanting to test? You could ask the kirby boards or what ever boards it affects

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
They all suck in some part sadly you saw the retarted part. What kind of things are you wanting to test? You could ask the kirby boards or what ever boards it affects
And people thought Ganon sucked before Kage and Linguini started playing well with him. Things change, it's the reason people try to develop characters to begin with.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Oh and if you're ever in NC let me know. I'd love a MM.
+1
hell, I'll even use kirby.
You've obviously never played or seen a good kirby. You'd have to play me one day to realize how wrong what you're saying is.
weren't you talking about how placing under 30 at a national tournament makes you not good?

SDC

Smash Lord
This thread is already ****ed....so....

post full of verbal awesomeness
I love you. Full ****ing homo. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get off your d!ck, I just dont know.

It's not just Genesis, for almost 2 years Taj has consitently showed us that he can't get top 10 at a national tournament. I'm in no way calling hima bad player, but to say he's great is an overstatement(it also depends on how you ''define'' great. I'm using ''great'' as someone who is able to get top 10 at major/national tournaments)
Have you seen the results for the past two years? You better have the data with you right now if you're going to make those sort of statements. If a player underachieves it means nothing of his talent, it means only of his ability to play up to his full potential under pressure. Some players get nervous. It happens. When you get deep into the brackets at pound 4 (lol) let me know how you're feeling. I define great as having a large amount of talent, and playing up to that on multiple scenarios. Taj has placed extremely well in tournaments against good players. You have done nothing of the sort.

I'm gonna go to Chu's next bi-weekly. I'll **** his Pichu there.
Even if you posted vids I'd still declare bull****. Chu would **** you even if you lobotomized him first.

I'm getting tired of these random people saying stupid things about me.

I wasn't just talking about this thread. Typically you don't contribute anything much to a thread and you jst keep talking random **** to derail the thread, it's really annoying. I know far more about this game than you will ever know. I've seen your posts so I know how unintelligent you are. Don't even compare yourself to me N00b.

Guys, lay off of him. Give him a break. He's just going through the same smashboards growing pains that alot of rookies go through (including me, just take a breeze through a few closed threads if your memory is that bad :lick:).
Joeplicate was right, in a few years when he's out of his hormonal stages he will be an excellent addition to the smash debaters on this site.
Someday he will be good, but right now he's still shopping at hot topic and listening to linkin park.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I really didn't want to say this because I don't like being offensive, but Virus, this calls for it:

Don't critique pros unless you can beat them. You talk about how Taj hasn't added anything to Marth's metagame or anything like that. Tell me, what have you contributed to any character's metagame or to Melee at all? You're critiquing Taj of all people for not contributing to Marth's metagame and completely ignoring what he's done for Mewtwo's. This is absolutely ridiculous. Have you even met any of these people or played any of them? Or been to even one tournament?

Sorry man, but you make a ton of crazy claims for a person with absolutely no credibility. You've given us no reason to respect your opinion or listen to it at all. Instead of arguing with us, why don't you go and work on a character and really contribute something as opposed to pointing fingers at GOOD players who have contributed to the growing metagames? It's easy to critique from your armchair, but I'd like to see you practice what you preach.

Again, I wish I didn't have to do that, but really, this is ridiculous.
What Taj has done for Mewtwo isn't particularly relevant because there are very few mewtwos and no Mewtwos are going to place well for a very long time. The ironic thing about it is if Taj had any balls and did main Mewtwo instead of cowering behind his top tiers he could have actually turned mewtwo into something. Of course it's his choice to main whoever he wantw and I give him credit for adding to Mewtwo's game, but he could and should have done so much more. And again, he hasn't contributed to Marth's metagame, even Taj himself said he couldn't think of anything he added to Marth.

I've been to plenty of tournaments, I placed 5th place at RCSF3(Regional Caribbean Smash fest) and I lost my matches because I wasn't feeling well(it's a legitimate john); you say I have no credibility but that is just your bias speaking. I've already given data on how Taj failed at Genesis, and I clearly illustrated how he hasn't added anything to marth's game. I do practice what I preach, if anyone here has any questions as to my skill level then Money match me. I'm not gonna boast over the interenet when I could **** your *** in the actual game.

And for those of you wondering RCSF3 had 190 players.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
What Taj has done for Mewtwo isn't particularly relevant because there are very few mewtwos and no Mewtwos are going to place well for a very long time. The ironic thing about it is if Taj had any balls and did main Mewtwo instead of cowering behind his top tiers he could have actually turned mewtwo into something. Of course it's his choice to main whoever he wantw and I give him credit for adding to Mewtwo's game, but he could and should have done so much more. And again, he hasn't contributed to Marth's metagame, even Taj himself said he couldn't think of anything he added to Marth.

I've been to plenty of tournaments, I placed 5th place at RCSF3(Regional Caribbean Smash fest) and I lost my matches because I wasn't feeling well(it's a legitimate john); you say I have no credibility but that is just your bias speaking. I've already given data on how Taj failed at Genesis, and I clearly illustrated how he hasn't added anything to marth's game. I do practice what I preach, if anyone here has any questions as to my skill level then Money match me. I'm not gonna boast over the interenet when I could **** your *** in the actual game.

50 MM. Ill drive to your school now. Lets do it!!!!

Nah but really bro you gotta relax, still down to MM of course though

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
doesn't mean you should just give up and ignore them, though(but I do see your point)

so, to use your analogy.....even if will never cover the bread,the butter still exists on it.
i dont forget about LTs. my favorite character is ****ing roy(although not my main). call me a sellout because i main marth. idgaf.

im not trying to be mean or nothin. i support all characters. i wish LT tournies would come back to style. then no one will be forgotten.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings

WTF man. Your ball less if you play as marth? I don't even like m2 and thought taj was the m2 god or anything but you got to SSLLLOOOOWWW DDOOOOWWWNNNNNN Your going o get temp. banned. I,ve gotten it for less.

Sorry dude but Your saying people have no balls for INSANE reasons, I was cool but dude that's not cool. And playing good as someone helps out there metagame If only one person was decent as DK or sheik or whoever they wouldn't be higher if a few people are yes they COULD higher

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Boo, I cnt do a week from now cuz im probably going down to Spoc. Lets do this sometime this week for like $10. Maybe tomorrow or this Friday in the afternoon. Ill see if Kupo's free

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
WTF man. Your ball less if you play as marth? I don't even like m2 and thought taj was the m2 god or anything but you got to SSLLLOOOOWWW DDOOOOWWWNNNNNN Your going o get temp. banned. I,ve gotten it for less.
I never said that. I even said that it was Taj's decision to main whoever he wanted to. I was saying he's ballsless because he was too afraid to main mewtwo. It was obvious he could never become anything special with Marth or Fox, but I think his mewtwo had potential.

Boo, I cnt do a week from now cuz im probably going down to Spoc. Lets do this sometime this week for like $10. Maybe tomorrow or this Friday in the afternoon. Ill see if Kupo's free
Then we can wait till the week after. I don't really wanna play you until I have a copy of the game again. Beating you isn't enough, like my sig says you're gonna get ***** ;)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
True but that's unneeded bashing to a new level. I nearly started talking about pichu again sorry. I came close but I was like wtf no one cares. And so yeah.

'Fro

Smash Lord
My game is "just spacing and timing"? You say it as if there's something wrong with that.
My game isn't only about that. I just happen to excel at spacing and timing.

It sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about.
This part right here. I honestly believe spacing and timing are the two most important aspects of any fighting game. Hugs proved that many times over.

Also, just to attempt to go back to the original topic, I believe only Jiggs has the potential to jump up right now. Falcon is limited by crippling match-ups, and Peach just isn't quite at the level of dominance the top four are.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
haha were on equal terms then, i dnt have the game either and rarely play. You can ask anyone in tri state, Ive pretty much been MIA during the summer when it comes to attending tournies. But i am going to one this weekend.

But for now we can both use rusty johns, regardless im still trying to play this week so i can get back in shape for the weekend so i might go and play kupo anyway if hes free this week. We can put the MM on hold

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Well this weekend is awful for me. I should be mad busy. But if you're looking to smash you're welcome to our school for Gamer's Tuesdays. We'll have a TV dedicated to melee, although we'll likely be playing FFA until the crowd dies down or someone brings and extra copy of melee.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'll trying to develop Game and Watch as well. I can't help but feel that he has a hidden infinite somewhere.

joeplicate

Smash Master
my predictions:

if he actually does go to play with hbk and chu, he'll get his **** ***** brutally and have his eyes opened (then jizzed in)

from here, he might actually learn a thing or 2, and start down the path to enlightenment
or he could reject these losses, rend away from reality, and start posting even worse in a psychotic daze until he is ip banned

i can't wait lol

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
lol does anyone remember best101(i think that was his name)?

(i dont really think any of you do because you all joined recently, maybe nes n00b remembers, his name looks really familiar)

he really thought he could beat all of bad GA at smash before he ever attended a tourney(he watched vids and thought his **** didnt smell).

this was like late 05 early 06.

then he played bobby(a guy who hides behind his computer) and GAwes, LOL.

priceless, cant wait for virusgaymage to do the same.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol joe, i have played him and he did get brutally *****. Like 3 weeks ago...pretty constant 3/4 stocks without using my main or secondary characters.

Afterwards I thought he was taking that first path, but recently hes made a complete u turn. Its really hard to defend him cuz of his posts, cuz i mean like most people hes def a better person in real life than what he makes himself out to be on the boards.

He's pretty humble irl...but srry id def have to put my money on chu's pichu. Im like 1000% sure he'd win

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Virus, I'm real happy for you, and Ima let you finish...but LOL Master is the greatest troll of all time.

OF ALL TIME

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
ive seen some from a year or 2 back and i watched him play esam at a tourney i had.

it has nothing to do with pichu, just that chu is probably better than everyone except the top 5%.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I'll admit completely that HBK ***** pretty hard the last time we fought. That however was during the first week I had played the game since RCSM3, which was held in Febuary 2008. My rust was simply attrocious, but I'll get him next time. I wasn't actually impressed by his skills, once I remove my rust I shouldn't have much of a problem with HBK.

And Chu's Pichu is gonna beat. It should be pretty fun and I really hope we can record it. I'm gonna be pretty upset if I come back here, boasting how I beat Chu and no one belives me because the matches weren't recorded.

Edit: HBK said he ***** me without using his main or secondaries but just so we're clear netierh was I. I Only used Peach, Doc and Roy(Did I use Kirby as well?). Somehow using Roy I actually got him down to one stock. I would have won that match if I didn't SD :(

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
yeah virus, you just lost all credibility with that last post man.

i liked your style too.
Haha, you hilarious. Nothing you say ever makes any sense.

i have a feeling virus is gonna be a john *****.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Are you say I'm johning because I hadn't played the in a year and half? Yes I do believe that is the reason I lost, and I do believe I would have won if I was anywhere close to in shape. But I'll admit on that night HBK definitely outplayed me and he deserved to win. It's kind of hard to feel ashamed about loosing when you haven't played the game in over a year, lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
lol does anyone remember best101(i think that was his name)?

(i dont really think any of you do because you all joined recently, maybe nes n00b remembers, his name looks really familiar)
Hahah, Best101. Good times.

Virus, I'm real happy for you, and Ima let you finish...but LOL Master is the greatest troll of all time.

OF ALL TIME
Qft.

Nothing relevant here, I'll accept the infractions.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I'll admit completely that HBK ***** pretty hard the last time we fought. That however was during the first week I had played the game since RCSM3, which was held in Febuary 2008. My rust was simply attrocious, but I'll get him next time. I wasn't actually impressed by his skills, once I remove my rust I shouldn't have much of a problem with HBK.

And Chu's Pichu is gonna beat. It should be pretty fun and I really hope we can record it. I'm gonna be pretty upset if I come back here, boasting how I beat Chu and no one belives me because the matches weren't recorded.

Edit: HBK said he ***** me without using his main or secondaries but just so we're clear netierh was I. I Only used Peach, Doc and Roy(Did I use Kirby as well?). Somehow using Roy I actually got him down to one stock. I would have won that match if I didn't SD :(
Lol yea you got me down to 1 stock in like a few matches. Im pretty sure we played at least 50 matches or something like that. And that match was on brinstar.

It came to the point where the only way you could even remotely get close to winning was by taking my Falco to stages like Mute city and brinstar with Peach. Lol even then most of those were 3 stocks.

Trust me if you were anywhere near as good as you claim to be you wouldve done a lot better. I know tons of brawl players who havent played since around the same time you claim you havent touched the game and they all do way better.

It really doesnt matter who your main is because Im sure Ive played people who main that character better than you. Like come on man your in no position to talk until you magically obtain this once vast great skill that you used to have.

But for the record I used to have the 2nd best Marth in the country behind M2K last year...but i started playing to many xbox 360 games so i lost most of the skill i had. If only I could get that back...

Im really not trying to start **** but you make it hard for people not too.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Lol yea you got me down to 1 stock in like a few matches. Im pretty sure we played at least 50 matches or something like that. And that match was on brinstar.

It came to the point where the only way you could even remotely get close to winning was by taking my Falco to stages like Mute city and brinstar with Peach. Lol even then most of those were 3 stocks.

Trust me if you were anywhere near as good as you claim to be you wouldve done a lot better. I know tons of brawl players who havent played since around the same time you claim you havent touched the game and they all do way better.

It really doesnt matter who your main is because Im sure Ive played people who main that character better than you. Like come on man your in no position to talk until you magically obtain this once vast great skill that you used to have.

But for the record I used to have the 2nd best Marth in the country behind M2K last year...but i started playing to many xbox 360 games so i lost most of the skill i had. If only I could get that back...

Im really not trying to start **** but you make it hard for people not too.

I really don't think it matters where I take you using Roy, I shouldn't have gotten you down to one stock. Especially if you're using Falco, that was pitiful man. What's worse is that I hadn't played in a year and half and my Roy takes you down to one stock? Do you think there is an excuse for that? And my Peach also brought you down to one Stock on FD so :p
And we played 10 sets, I didn't take a game so it was 30 matches(you're probably counting Kupo and I together)

Also fun fact: you can ask Kupo 15 about this, or really any competitive smasher from a Caricom country about this. In the Caribbean we only play lightning melee. ; I've never been to a tournament while playing normal melee, so the speed of the game is completely out of whack to me. It really is a different game when all you play is lightning. HBK I'm not sure if you noticed but during our games I didn't do a single wave-dash or L-cancel(and yes, there was a reason why I miss-timed everthing :mad:) and that is because in addititon to not playing for a year and half that was my first week playing normal melee competitively. Fortunately for me though I think I've gotten use to the speed and I can L-cancel and wave dash again and my timing in on point. It's going take a while to remove that rust though.

You had the second best Marth? You were better than Azen? So how come you never placed top 10 at national tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom