• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I also use Pika+Fox. And DK because DK is hilarious. I only wish he had a ground attack that covered his flank, like Pika and Kirby's Utilts. I'm tired of pivoting all day.

D

Deleted member

Dk's uptilt is fun to use at high percents if you force it, taking 7 hits and finally landing an up-tilt to get the kill

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree, that Ness is horrid, he should just quit Smash all together and focus on helping me with antidifferentiation.
haha antidifferentiation

Why would you need his help, it's literally one of the easiest things to teach yourself (assuming you know differentiation already because if you don't your teacher is bad at teaching).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I know how to do it, it's just when using it to find the volume of curves and things like that. I guess I should have said for him to help me revise it. ^^

ALso Dk's utilt is awesome for getting someone as they recover and going into uair>plat-drop uair combo on Dreamland.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I know how to do it, it's just when using it to find the volume of curves and things like that. I guess I should have said for him to help me revise it. ^^
lol isn't volume under a single curve the easiest sort of integration? I guess a really simple indefinite integral would be easier, but if we're talking definite integrals, volume under a curve is just the start.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
lol isn't volume under a single curve the easiest sort of integration? I guess a really simple indefinite integral would be easier, but if we're talking definite integrals, volume under a curve is just the start.
I'm probably mistaken, but are you are getting area and volume confused? I can do area fine, just need to study up on volume, which is where you imagine the curve rotating around the x-axis to form a 3D object (which may be what you are talking about)

I may be wrong though it most likely is the start, but it's just what we've learned so far in school.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm probably mistaken, but are you are getting area and volume confused? I can do area fine, just need to study up on volume, which is where you imagine the curve rotating around the x-axis to form a 3D object (which may be what you are talking about)

I may be wrong though it most likely is the start, but it's just what we've learned so far in school.
For this you just do pi* integral of f(x)^2 dx.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I did actually mean area, but volume under a curve, i.e. double integrals, are coming up soon for you, if you haven't already.

Typ

Smash Rookie
Badboard! *raises fist in anger*

You guys should really keep closer track of the topic at hand :laugh: or get some more moderation up in this beeatch.

Anyway, I think Link should be before Luigi.. Anyone wanna tell me why Luigi the slow and crappy is higher than Link the rangemaster? :bee:

Edit: Spelling error

Battlecow

Play to Win
Link dun haz a recovery. Link is easily gimped. Link's grab is yawn. Link- Oh, why do I bother? Basically, go to the matchup chart; Luigi does better than link.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Link is amazing and his grab isn't horrible at all, just very punishable if you spam it and miss.

Luigi-Link is like the smallest difference on the chart. Luigi is only higher because he has a >> matchup.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I was always under the impression that Link wins the match-up over Luigi, but Luigi simply has better overall match-ups.
Link can combo Luigi, Luigi has a tough time approaching Link.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Yoshi's grab range is about the same as DK's iirc

Samus' is longer but has longer startup for people right next to you.

Link's grab isn't good, but it's not really awful. He has a bunch of lead-ins too.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, forgot about Yoshi.
He's such a weird character, I normally forget about him, haha.
I guess I rarely see Yoshi mains use his grab.
The only times I really use Link's grab is for punishing. Laggy attacks, lazy approaches or lazy recoveries.
Otherwise I just find it too risky. If only they'd made it like ALTTP where Link is invincible while his hookshot is extended. Or if that's too broken they could have given him superarmor, but then you could just grab him, a Link player's number one fear...
idk

D

Deleted member

I personally believe that there is no bad grab in the game

everything has a purpose (even samus's horrid up-tilt)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
samus grab somehow seems like shes gonna hit you and makes the opponent shield sometimes

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, forgot about Yoshi.
He's such a weird character, I normally forget about him, haha.
I guess I rarely see Yoshi mains use his grab.
The only times I really use Link's grab is for punishing. Laggy attacks, lazy approaches or lazy recoveries.
Otherwise I just find it too risky. If only they'd made it like ALTTP where Link is invincible while his hookshot is extended. Or if that's too broken they could have given him superarmor, but then you could just grab him, a Link player's number one fear...
idk
Yesterday, Firo kept comboing me off of the tent with Links grab... it was very effective and looked very cool. Stuff like: utilt --> grab --> fthrow --> repeat and similar combos.

dandan

Smash Lord
Yesterday, Firo kept comboing me off of the tent with Links grab... it was very effective and looked very cool. Stuff like: utilt --> grab --> fthrow --> repeat and similar combos.
won't DI up stop the grab from catching you?

dandan

Smash Lord
kirbys uair? dks running a?
i comboed someone finishing with kirby uair into the tornado on the second platform on hyrule.
fealt so good, the more useless the move, the more satisfying it is when you manage to do something nice with it imo.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
i comboed someone finishing with kirby uair into the tornado on the second platform on hyrule.
fealt so good, the more useless the move, the more satisfying it is when you manage to do something nice with it imo.
Very true, and vice-versa is true as well. Every time I kill with Pika's b-throw it feels like an empty victory to me.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Depends on what you're parrying.
practically anything, i can only parry if something is infront of me :S
unless its projectile

and btw im pretty sure you can parry grabs, or at least it changes your hitbox when doing so, i've found a few times that when spamming parry a few normally succesful falcon grabs got nothing

Top Bottom