• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~New~ SWF GYM! Newbies and New Years Resolution Peeps Wanted!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
So hip surgery has been booked for mid November. Can't wait.

I haven't been able to train properly due to injury since December last year, so it's nice that it's finally coming to an end.

Am considering doing a 'before and after' thing, given that I won't be training for a little while after surgery, and then will be able to train properly again.

:phone:

Attila_

BRoomer
ill be on crutches for 2-4 weeks, then i can start jogging/intense stuff after 8. but i'll be pretty stiff and weak, apparently.

Link360

Smash Cadet
Anyone know any satisfying, low calorie meals that aren't too heavy on veggies/most fruits? It's fine if they're blended in the food or hidden but I have a childlike fear of things that come from the ground, I'm just looking for something I can eat on a 2000 calorie diet that will actually fill me up for a long time. I'm trying to make egg beaters a staple in my diet, as well as only drinking water because of the sheer amount of calories drinking several tall glasses of milk, even skim, occupies.

Jane

Smash Hero
school just started... training is about to get a lot harder, but i'm going to try really hard to stick to the schedule.

also, my liquid diet consists of ~70% water, ~20% milk, ~8% beer, ~2% other. just thought i'd throw that out there :3

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i finally got to go to a gym today, its not a great gym but i finally got to use weights which was nice. (I quit my job i hated and am going back to school in sept so i got free time and i am trying to make good use of some of it)

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Got a fitness test done today after a few months of not working out and a month of fasting.

Metabolic age of a 50 year old lmao. 23% body fat. Terrible hamstring flexibility (bottom 5%), but was overall solid on everything else.

I was 16% BF a year ago...I am very motivated.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hahaha honestly the slow metabolism is probably your body's natural response to a month of fasting.

It will speed back up pretty quickly when you've been eating normally for a while.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hope you're right. Either way, I'm definitely motivated to get back to where I was before I started slacking off.

Not using a specific guide like usual, and decided to make my own workout plan. Might paste it if someone is up for reviewing it.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Been jump roping throughout the past 8 days. It definately feels good and does more of a workout than I ever imagined. I try to hit a quota of 500 jumps a day. Switching off and on between backwards and forwards is also a benefit to different muscles, yet I wonder why when I'm basically jumping in place.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I still have yet to check out my college's gym.

EDIT: It seems that there are two fitness centers here. A small one that has a few machines and treadmills, and a larger one with a separate weight room and everything.

Also: Sprinting? I wanted to try hill sprints, but there aren't any really tall hills. For that matter, there really aren't any tall steps, either. Should I just run a while on a treadmill, take breaks, and run again, rinse, wash, repeat?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man it's amazing how a couple weeks of letting yourself go with nutrition can affect you in the gym. :urg:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Was super sore after my first week of working out, but I've recovered completely to start my second week. I have a 4 day split...

Day 1: Upper Body
Day 2: Lower Body
Day 3: Core
Day 4: Basketball Drills/Speed

Aside from the obvious day 4, the other days are a mostly strength training. Also bought myself a new type of post workout protein. Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1. Designed for recovery lol. I'll let you guys know how it tastes.

Jane

Smash Hero
Man it's amazing how a couple weeks of letting yourself go with nutrition can affect you in the gym. :urg:
dude, i'm amazed by the opposite of what happened to you. i'm amazed that i've been heeella slacking on my workout routine but a really good diet has kept my muscles damn near intact. like, i'm not making any gains but my body (as far as i can tell) looks the same as when i stopped being really commited (about a month ago).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Haha well that just goes to show what giving your body the right fuel really achieves.

Definitely fixing up my diet again, tbh it's not really hard since all the healthy recipes I make are delicious too, they just take a little more effort and aren't quite a delicious McDonald's burger. ;__;

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Definitely fixing up my diet again, tbh it's not really hard since all the healthy recipes I make are delicious too, they just take a little more effort and aren't quite a delicious McDonald's burger. ;__;
So little ever will be. Excellent as treats though.

First week back on my regimen.

Bench+chest+bis
Squat+legs+abs
Deadlift+back+tris
Repeat indefinitely. Weekends off.

Didn't move at all today though. It hurt to get in and out of bed. Eating a lot of quinoa and tea though. Feeling very very well. Which is what mostly matters. :D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wait you do chest/biceps and back/triceps? o.o

That's unique.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's to work a "fresh" muscle group after (hopefully) exhausting both chest/tris on bench. I dunno, still playing around with order. Makes sense to me though.

Glad everyone looks to be on the ball. School seems to provide wanted structure.

Attila_

BRoomer
It's to work a "fresh" muscle group after (hopefully) exhausting both chest/tris on bench. I dunno, still playing around with order. Makes sense to me though.

Glad everyone looks to be on the ball. School seems to provide wanted structure.
i always thought chest/bis and back/tris was a better split anyway.

i mean, whenever i do compound chest exercises, my tris always fatigue first anyway, and for compound backs, my bis fatigue first. no point running them into the ground anymore.

and since they're smaller muscle groups, they recover quicker and can be training more often.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I always work the muscles which perform the similar motions together.

Blast them as hard as possible from every angle and then get out, what works best for me.

Was just curious, different things are effective on different people.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
French Vanilla Creme is legit too.

And yeah, I would say my workouts tend to work similar muscles. For example, outside of a lower back exercise and cleans yesterday, I did Bench, overhead press, clap push ups, and med ball throws.

I would do cleans on my leg days, but I already wear them out with other exercises lol.

Link360

Smash Cadet
Alright, my doc said I should gain muscle instead of just losing weight because I'm at the apex of my puberty so, how should I get started? Should I increase my calories intake? More protein?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
More protein, more complex carbs rather than simple carbs, some good ol' fat, and plenty of delicious fruit and vegetables.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys, this has been on my mind recently: I've been running at noon with 95°F to 102°F degree weather and have been drenched in sweat. When running, is it better to keep running in that weather to sweat and keep a pace or just run the route fast? Also, does running make you gain muscles...like leg or thigh or foot muscle? I've gained weight but my intake of food has been the same and nothing that should incease it so I'm hoping that weight gain can come from running/gaining "possible muscle".

Top Bottom