• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah, they usually have 30+ noobs who don't know how to play and the prize is a game system. Aftermath won a PS3 once, and I bought a Wii off of I think binx the year before. It's at the rock creek campus though.
lol yeah i won the tourney but I wasnt a student so second place got the wii, i was hoping they wouldnt check or something I dunno, I woulda just asked for someones student number but I was really tired cause i hadn't slept in like 30 hours.

Surreal

Smash Ace
So as I was walking around the PCC Campus I noticed the ASPCC board telling people to write suggestions on it for what kind of groups or events should be made and I saw that someone wrote:

"Smash Bros Melee

Yesz! =D"

So which of you guys wrote this? lol

debaser

Smash Lord
god **** I just did the sickest combo of my life on a level 1...

...sigh

guess I'll play some 1.6

edit: it's radio amor

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
In case anyone was wondering. I just cooked the best Cordon Bleu I have ever tasted in my life. With some Homemade Hollandaise Sauce and a Tomato-Cilantro Salad.

Just sayin

cutter

Smash Champion
Heh, sometimes I forget this thread exists despite it being in my bookmarks XD

So yeah, I'm up at WOU and no one up here I know of ATM plays Smash in the Monmouth area. Maybe I'm just not looking too hard enough lol. Allen I'll text you some time tomorrow hopefully so I can totally meet up with you guys down in Corvallis (yay for only 20 minute drives) hopefully this Friday since I'm doing MTG stuff on Saturday. Cactuarz hooked me up with your number and whatnot.

@ Peachmasta: If I already didn't have dinner, I would immediately just want to eat something just like that. Seriously.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I met some pretty decent melee players at the coast tournament this summer that were from monmouth. One of them just graduated and is teaching at WOU. I want to say it was english. I told them to post here but they never did. And Zerox is active; I talk to him occasionally. He's just really busy. But he does play brawl, sadly.

cutter

Smash Champion
I met some pretty decent melee players at the coast tournament this summer that were from monmouth. One of them just graduated and is teaching at WOU. I want to say it was english. I told them to post here but they never did. And Zerox is active; I talk to him occasionally. He's just really busy. But he does play brawl, sadly.
I play both Brawl and Melee. *shrugs*

B0x

Smash Apprentice
So is there going to be a smash fest this weekend Peachmasta? Preferably saturday :D ? Me and a friend are smashers from gresham.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey guys, since I haven't got a hold of anyone yet, would anyone like to make suggestions within Portland for venues for LOST 2? I'm still open for suggestions, although they'd have to be within this week lol.

Also, Portland smashers, how would you feel about helping me organize a PSU game club so that we can get PSU as a venue in the near future, plus some funding?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh whoops

my baaaaaaaaad.

I could've sworn I replied something along the lines of "I was given the info from Wad for PCC Rock Creek, so I wouldn't know where to look for that kind of info myself".

aka I would ask Indigestible Wad for that kind of info.

keeper

Smash Champion
Hey guys, since I haven't got a hold of anyone yet, would anyone like to make suggestions within Portland for venues for LOST 2? I'm still open for suggestions, although they'd have to be within this week lol.

Also, Portland smashers, how would you feel about helping me organize a PSU game club so that we can get PSU as a venue in the near future, plus some funding?
I wouldn't mind helping. I'd just have to find a way to be able to consistently contact you more. I have classes mon-wed, but on monday and wednesday I only have two small breaks in the day.

Yak

Smash Rookie
What can I do to help? Besides the funding part, I don't have money lol

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I would say to ask sylvania for a venue, but I've never seen any rooms for rent at sylvania. There may be some in the main administration building, I forget what it's called, I can only remember the SS building and TEM or something. But It never seemed to me that there was anywhere to host at sylvania.

Oh, you wanted to know where to ask for information. Well go to the CC building. Most likely in the center of the building.
http://www.pcc.edu/about/locations/sylvania/documents/sy-campus-map.pdf

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Uh... Portland State actually gives clubs funding, if I recall correctly.

And is Random Select dead now, or something?

cutter

Smash Champion
Yeah I kind of got back to him too late, so he couldn't make it. Anyway, I'm going to be posting some clips from the smashfest to show how awesome it was.

Here is a little preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m07S-05QJ8
Pretty much this. Allen texted me pretty late in the afternoon when I basically had other stuff planned out that I did last night with a bunch of buddies.

Liking the vid though! Gives me quite the incentive to make the short 20 mile drive down to Corvallis next Friday though. Friday is like my best day ever. My last class finishes at noon and I have absolutely nothing after that :).

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
We had a really good turnout this week though. Everyone came that I can think of, except sean, who I think graduated last year, and tristan, who's going to pcc now. Seven people at one point. That's a lot. We need more tvs.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Name change! Since this is my name now anyway. Also I'm probably coming down to Corvallis at some point to play, so just tell me when. I'd want to sleep there most likely though, so someone has to prepare a couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom