• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
hey so ive been gone for a while but im back now!
ive moved locations from eugene to west linn so im much closer to the sherwood/portland smash scene. the problem is though my license is still suspended...so no driving for me till march

on a side note i was reading some previous comments and noticed the arguments about venues and things so not sure if you guys know but some place on mcglaughlin is hosting game tournaments. its called epic gaming and i know for sure that they have a brawl tourny planned so it would be easy to also host melee (probably).
just an idea

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
For anyone who cares there are now Smashfests every Friday night at about 7pm in the Wilson Hall main lounge(Oregon State University). Anyone who is close to Corvallis and wants to come is welcome. Melee only.

keeper

Smash Champion
Apparently PSU has some room that does game stuff in the Smith building, but if I recall it's like $6 an hour, or maybe I read it wrong.

Also, I saw Artifice today, but he didn't see me. He walked out of the Smith building and put a cigarette in his mouth. lol

Too many people smoke in college. Also, too many ****ing hipsters.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^TOTALLY AGREE, smoking = blech smell-wise, although it was awezum at PSU for my Computer Science class today b/c I sat next to a hot chinese chick (I tried out my horrible Mandarin :p).

also tell me this room of $6, gimmey-gimmey

Binx

Smash Master
so wait... how many people are going to PSU, cause i go to PSU and I have a lot of ****ing time almost every day I could be smashing, we should start setting something up, i've been dying to play more often i really have. I can bring a cube and a game whenever if we can find a room with a tv and times that work consistently we could have some mini weekly smashfests or whatever, hell I would bring a cube almost every day for guaranteed smash.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Lots of hipsters at PCC too.

Btw I ran into Kami in between classes, and then awkwardly saw him a few other times during the day, and refused to say hi again because I felt it would be too awkward going over to say hi every single time I see him.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Hipsters are cool. Trendy hipsters are not. They look like fashionable lumberjacks. Or at least that's what I hear.

Jeff if you're going to sylvania you should pick up a power cookie from the cafeteria. They are the most awesome cookies I have ever had, especially the ones with m&ms.

debaser

Smash Lord
what the **** is a hipster

I want a full definition with three real life examples complete with bios linking it to your hipster criteria.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lots of hipsters at PCC too.

Btw I ran into Kami in between classes, and then awkwardly saw him a few other times during the day, and refused to say hi again because I felt it would be too awkward going over to say hi every single time I see him.
Saw this dude on the bus on the way to PSU :D

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I basically live on the PSU campus (top of the park blocks)

So uh, if anybody sees me on AIM and wants to Smash, just bother me. BYOC though. :p

keeper

Smash Champion
The only day I could really do smash stuff at PSU is on Tuesdays. I don't live on campus and I have classes mon-wed, where tuesday is the day I have only one class and I then have free time if I don't go home.

Phil, the room is in the basement floor or the smith building. You have to take the elevator.

So far I barely know my way around campus. Just Cramer, Neuberger, Smith, Science buildings, and Maseeh building is it so far.

what the **** is a hipster

I want a full definition with three real life examples complete with bios linking it to your hipster criteria.
hipster 1 |ˈhipstər|
noun informal
a person who follows the latest trends and fashions.

Mostly. If you see some kid walking around with a haircut you've seen from some member of some indie band wearing Ray Bans he probably doesn't need, skinny jeans, low cut v-neck t-shirt with a plaid sweatshirt over it and smoking. You've found yourself a hipster. They like Pitchfork.com and use it to look for new music and are always art students. Vans shoes, the slip-on ones, are a must.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Phil, the room is in the basement floor or the smith building. You have to take the elevator.
There's stairs. ;) And I think they charge you to use anything. I have class M/W 12-2, and T/TR 10-2, but I should be free other than that. I've got Melee and Brawl to play at my place, and.. Other Brawl stuff. If anybody wants to come over, just get me on AIM or MSN - I'm almost always online. :laugh:

I'm a pretty rusty Link main, but I wasn't quite getting 4-stocked by the players up in WA. :p

keeper

Smash Champion
There's stairs. ;) And I think they charge you to use anything. I have class M/W 12-2, and T/TR 10-2, but I should be free other than that. I've got Melee and Brawl to play at my place, and.. Other Brawl stuff. If anybody wants to come over, just get me on AIM or MSN - I'm almost always online. :laugh:

I'm a pretty rusty Link main, but I wasn't quite getting 4-stocked by the players up in WA. :p
Stairs are so hard to find.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Between each building, bro. So, on the north and south side of each. There's also ones on the west and east sides, but I don't think those go to the basement.

Binx

Smash Master
Between each building, bro. So, on the north and south side of each. There's also ones on the west and east sides, but I don't think those go to the basement.
Fun playing you today man, look forward to more when we have a memory card haha.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@allen/wad I'm trying to get Cutter to show up to yoru smashfests, he should be calling or something since he lives 20 minms away now (WOU) show our sutherlin bretherin good homage

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Hi oregon. Sorry I havne't been around in a long time. I saw Jeff at PCC and decided I should come back and post here :) we should smash soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom