• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0x

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna do something similar but without playing the bad game. Do we have a timeline on events yet?

Oh and a funny thing to add to that, my Wii will no longer play brawl, it refuses to read ANY brawl disc, it plays melee though so no reason to fix it =P
it likes melee more ;)

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I haven't been following this thread for a while :x I'm going down to Corvallis on Friday and I'll be there till Monday night. Is anyone going to be there or are people all leaving for tourney's?
People from this far far away land of Sutherlin OR will be in corvallis monday from about 5 pm till... oh some ridiculous time, like 3 am if mr kazuki is still awake =p I wants to smash you mr kami man =D

I'm sure rocket will want to stomps you =D

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if there is sarcasm here but regardless I feel some sort of love.

Anyhow, I'm totally down for games on friday and/or monday. I'll keep in touch

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
p.s. Gage do you happen to have any vids of me from previous smash fests/tourney's? I haven't seen a recorded match of me in like 2 years and I would love some footage of me to get better

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Idk, that involves me playing vs. puff or peach and I think I'd rather jump in a river with cinder blocks on my feet that do that ;p

but if gage will be in corvallis this weekend then I prob will since I just really, really want recordings.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Heh okay. In any case, might I be able to get more than just one set? I am still in a phase where I have no real declared main and I'm playing everything from Samus to Shiek to Fox to Link to Marth. I can't decide :|

edit: also its not super win win. I always get faceraped by Eggz and then I cry =[

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Kami, there's a tournament in portland this weekend. Allen's taking corvallis up there, and I'm not sure when we're leaving, sometime friday I think. You'll have to talk to him about it. Anyway, we'll be back later during the weekend.

Binx

Smash Master
Whats the event order this weekend? we starting with melee or should I just show up at like 7pm after the camp fest brawl is over?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Well sign up for melee is at noon. So if you want to show up after the "camp fest" then you probably won't get to play much haha. Melee doubles and brawl doubles might be first. I'm not sure the order GC Guy and I am going to do it

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
will there be TV's set up for friendlies throughout the event? Im playing regardless, but am looking to get additional practice in once Im eliminated.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Good tournament, though I didn't get to play some people that I wanted to (Alien, only played Vulcan in like two matches, Wanted to play Grunt more).

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I felt so awesome getting those three tailspikes in a row on you jeff, and I'm also over the moon at the idea that I almost beat debaser once. All in all, this was a great tournament.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
silent wolf was playing a lot of pika in friendlies. did you get a chance to see, wad?
I did actually. I thought about asking him about it, but I never got around to it. It made me think that I'm trying to do too many things at once and I'm trying to be too technical and flashy and I should slow down a bit.

And Cactuarz, I'm not going to be able to play because it's dead week and crunch time, so you'll have to call allen to get in.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
well allen and wad are both not gonna be there, so it looks like it'll just be mr kazuki and bubble, maybe kami v if he's there, We'll arrive at 5, but only if i'm gonna get let in x.x

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
awesome, i plan to arrive about 5:30, since i can actually park without hunting then haha

edit: to make sure i'm there you can txt me at 248 894 2726 =)

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
soo you guys are going to be in corvallis until 5? I'm probably going to stay another night here so thats cool with me, just send me a text whenever you're here. 503-953-4867

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Hiya guys. Since it's been a hassle getting to go to the Thursday smashfests in Corvallis, (Because we either have no transportation or we have problems staying too long) I am THINKING ABOUT organizing smashfests over in Monmouth. Again, I'm not sure if we Monmouth smashers can pull it off just yet, but I have some questions for anyone that might come sometime.

First, what would be a good day of the week and time for you to come to one? I know that some people have college/school crap to do, but I don't know if people are done with college/school for the year or not, so what would be a good time to have it? Weekdays...Weekends?

And if you could come, would you be coming for Melee, Brawl or Smash 64?

I'm planning to have the smashfests weekly. One of the reasons I want to is because there are a lot of people in Monmouth that want to get better, and if we don't get some other real players to come own us, we won't get much better. I'm sure that having one good player like Cin, Ph1l or Tuen could help all seven of us improve a lot. Most of us over here in Monmouth can't get transportation to and from smashfests easy, and some of us have tight schedules, but we have the time to meet once a week and play here in Monmouth/Independence.

Good idea? Bad idea? What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom