• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Hey that was a fun tournament, I love playing new people and finding out where I need to improve. I wish Brawl hadn't gone for so long and that we had gotten to do more friendlies though.

Edit: By the way I got a new account.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Tourney was fun. Any of you guys gonna go to SSS3 on the first?

And lol @ Tuen's computer going whack. 0.o Glad the bracket wasn't lost.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I didn't know it was $5, I should've gone into Melee anyways.

I actually really like the $5 entry fee, esp. w/ the free pizza/fountain drinks. Tuen had a pretty good tournament.

Artifice and Alien's sets were cool to watch.

And man, Mooch + Gage not losing a single match in Brawl doubles lol.

keeper

Smash Champion
I was surprized that corvallis did as well as it did. Gage, are you talking about melee, brawl, or both?

Keeper come to OSU, then Alien and I can learn the shiek matchup and we won't hate it quite so much.

The aftermath thing was funny because he tried to nair luigi's upb.
I'm already accepted to PSU next year and they're getting a drop tower.

I'll only help you with the Sheik match-up if you spell it right. >_>

Edit: I want to get first at teams some time, but Gage basically never teams with me and I'll only team with Vulcan at a tournament unless he isn't there (we'll get it some day).

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Hey is there a power rankings for Oregon? I checked on AIB's power rankings blog, and I can't find it...

thalameguy

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I'm a decent melee player who just moved to Oregon for school last year. I'm looking for a smash community to play with and found this thread. I live near woodburn and wanna get updates about tournies or any meet ups around my area.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
-super curious as to what Gage's mind PR is- >____>

Welcome to our smash scene good sir. You seem to live pretty far away from most of us sadly. :S Do you play Melee or Brawl?

Most of our Melee scene is near the Portland area, while most of our Brawl scene is down south near corvallis. If you want feel free to pm me or Peach Masta to get a little situated.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
My house has smashfests that used to be weekly but I got too lazy. I'll probably hold one sometime soon. Also, Southern Oregon has more brawl players, but Northern Oregon has higher quality players.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Buuuurn.

Salem is pretty far from everyone actually. No one lives near salem except for those brawl people in monmouth. Well, near is a relative term. I you drive for an hour north or south you'll hit somebody.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
google maps made me think it was super far off, since it's like silverton distance, and going from sherwood to silverton took me like an hour. x__x

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I stand by my hour estimate. I drive back and forth from college quite often and pass through salem unless I want to go the back way. The difference is I don't drive like a maniac.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Salem -> Portland in 20 seems possible but ridiculous. Otherwise; I'd go to Portland to eat much much more than I do.

And I go a lot when I'm home (Salem).

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Well let me also say that my definition of portland wasn't downtown either... More like Tualatin XD, Tualatin to Keizer on i5. I don't drive THAT fast, normally at least. Never typically takes more than at most like 30-35 tho

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Salem is easily only 20 mins away from portland if you dont drive like a woman lol, on the way back from lincoln city I passed through salem and it took me about 20 mins to get to my house in NE. women are terrible drivers though

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
cuz its fun, and it keeps me alert on the road. I dont even drive that fast, most my friends drive much faster than I do but also drive better cars, and can pay tickets. plus driving up to 100mph is a rush everyone should experience at some point.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
This totally reminds me of Seinfeld, where George drives like twice the speed limit and brags about it because he's "making good time".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom