• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I wouldn't bring them if I were to move. Also, I freaking hate reading comics now that I've read manga. I was so confused with that for awhile because I read it backwards

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
First thing, happy 100 pages \o/

Second thing, that pokemon comic was hilarious.

Third thing, is it possible to buy a control stick seperately, or at least new rubber? The rubber on my stick got all f'd up at the last smashfest.

keeper

Smash Champion

Third thing, is it possible to buy a control stick seperately, or at least new rubber? The rubber on my stick got all f'd up at the last smashfest.
Jesse has a bag of spare parts. I'm willing to bet he'd give you one or sell you one for cheap. It is possible to pop off the old one and put a new one on.

I'm only on page 38.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Here you go Kami:

http://vpgames.com/p-1071-official-...medium=ShopzillaROI&utm_campaign=GCTHUMBSTICK

so f'ing expensive just for a control stick but w/e :\
**** that is spendy. If anyone has a nice extra one please let me know cause I'll buy it from you. I want to continue to use my cute white controller. If no one does then I'll just order a new one I guess.

Also, does anyone have a cyndaquil in soul silver/heart gold (or plat/pearl/diamond I guess) that I could have? I'd prefer a timid natured female but if you actually had one I'll take anything :D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol sometimes my boards get so lulzy when I have to be a "content filter"

My boards are like sooo furry, do Melee fox boards ever get this?

keeper

Smash Champion
**** that is spendy. If anyone has a nice extra one please let me know cause I'll buy it from you. I want to continue to use my cute white controller. If no one does then I'll just order a new one I guess.

Also, does anyone have a cyndaquil in soul silver/heart gold (or plat/pearl/diamond I guess) that I could have? I'd prefer a timid natured female but if you actually had one I'll take anything :D
I have a box full of Cyndaquils in Pearl, I believe. I'm not sure if any of them are timid, but I'm willing to bet at least one is.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord

I just played around with my grossly malformed wavebird control stick last month. You can put rubber cement on the old control stick. You have to put a lot of layers on so that it doesn't come off at the edges every time you start using it, but it actually does work. Rubber cement actually grips better than the normal rubber, but once it's wet it doesn't hold worth fuck, so you have to put some kind of adhesive on the top. I suggest sand, as it does not degrade. Try to get rough sand, but not too big, as the bigger it is, the less it sticks to the rubber cement. You can buy sand or sandpaper, but it usually comes in large quantities and is therefore expensive. You can steal some from a random high school shop or art room, but what I did is since my window goes straight out onto the roof, I just scraped off the black stuff of the shingles. Once you put it on, some of the sand comes off the edges. I played around with it until all the sand on the edges was gone, since the only times where I stick my thumb on the edges I don't need to worry about grip, since it's only push or pull, not slide. THe only grip that I need is the stuff in the center anyway. If you want to, you can always put another layer of rubber cement around the edge to keep more sand pieces from being chipped away.

tl;dr Pull off the old rubber, and replace it with rubber cement. It costs like 2 bucks at fred meyers in the craft aisle. Then put a sweat-resistant adhesive on the top, like sand and you're good to go.

Ooh, if anyone wants a modest eevee with good IVs and a million different hidden powers, I've got a million for an old breeding project that... oh wait, my diamond's back in scappoose, nevermind.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Jesse has some spare controls sticks you can replace your's with Kami. He also has a screwdriver to take it apart, as well as a bunch of other pieces.

You might want to consider washing the control stick before putting it in your controller, since apparently they've been peed on or something. <_____<

mr_samsa

Smash Rookie
Any Portland players looking to smash *melee* (yay for editing posts) on a weekly or bimonthly basis? Weekends are best. I live in inner NE Portland and would like to keep it close to home if possible. Just looking to expand my skillset by playing a bunch of different people. It would be cool if we could get 4 or so people that could meet once a week but I'd be down for just a duo friendly as well.

keeper

Smash Champion
Any Portland players looking to smash *melee* (yay for editing posts) on a weekly or bimonthly basis? Weekends are best. I live in inner NE Portland and would like to keep it close to home if possible. Just looking to expand my skillset by playing a bunch of different people. It would be cool if we could get 4 or so people that could meet once a week but I'd be down for just a duo friendly as well.
Gage (Peach Masta) usually does something on a weekly basis.

Once I get a car and stuff (or am just in college, not sure what's happening next year with that) I will hopefully be able to play more. That'll be fun.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I was surprized that corvallis did as well as it did. Gage, are you talking about melee, brawl, or both?

Keeper come to OSU, then Alien and I can learn the shiek matchup and we won't hate it quite so much.

The aftermath thing was funny because he tried to nair luigi's upb.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
mang is so fun to say. Also it annoys others so that makes it even more fun.....mang. :3

Btw mang = basically stereotypical cuban/spanish accent of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom