• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
I prefer wednesdays.

Cactuarz the smashfest starts at five in case you werent sure.
If we started doing Fridays it would be in addition to the current Wednesdays. Ethan just wants smashers to know that Fridays are available to everyone, not just those who play street fighter or marvel.

debaser

Smash Lord
same, fridays are generally better since I dont work as late

but man, I wanna smash soon. I am free today and tomorrow.

just watched jesse vs binx in losers finals and what a great, great set. binx could easily be best in oregon within a few months. fun to watch.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
same, fridays are generally better since I dont work as late

but man, I wanna smash soon. I am free today and tomorrow.

just watched jesse vs binx in losers finals and what a great, great set. binx could easily be best in oregon within a few months. fun to watch.
i wanna watch. link?

and yeah, let's go to jesse's today!

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Slowpoke post here, thanks for all the games and the massive amounts of being crapped on that I experienced at Best Bout, all! Had a great time and it was awesome to meet all you people. And thank you for letting me win two matches, Juce! Those were the only two matches I won during the entire day.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Or we could co-mingle with the SF/MVC crowd and maybe get our game recognized as not just some kids party game but it has legit tournament play to it. Perhaps then everytime we try to get smash at some big fighting game tournament such as evo or even northwest majors coming up they just don't go LOL SMASH PLAYERS GRO UP PLOX. On top of hanging out with sf/mvc crowd maybe some of them will be interested in smash just like i know some smashers play sf or mvc.

keeper

Smash Champion
@keeper I got much better about that =p That was when i was first learning edge cancels, i'm not as rediculously predictable now =) Play me wednesday in all my rusty glory!
"I got better, man, I'm so rusty!" What.
I want to get an orange gamecube.
NTSC/J only.
Keeper, I will MM your Fox with my Falcon :)
I'll MM your Sheik with my Fox. I'll play your Falcon in seriouslies with my Fox.

Or we could co-mingle with the SF/MVC crowd and maybe get our game recognized as not just some kids party game but it has legit tournament play to it. Perhaps then everytime we try to get smash at some big fighting game tournament such as evo or even northwest majors coming up they just don't go LOL SMASH PLAYERS GRO UP PLOX. On top of hanging out with sf/mvc crowd maybe some of them will be interested in smash just like i know some smashers play sf or mvc.
Gro up lol n00b xDDDDDd

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Way to try to grow the community.
Foos is such a saint.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL hope I don't drudge up too much crap from the last few pages, but my thought on Fox are that he is stupidly good in the right hands, and if you make one mistake almost any character in the cast can kill him in basically one hit at high levels of play.

He does have a lot of options at his disposal, and I feel like he forces some guessing games that aren't particularly fun, the trade off is though, that if you guess correctly twice in a row you can kill him, or if he spaces wrong because he predicted your movements incorrectly he dies.

Fox is crazy easy to edgeguard with almost anyone, he can be chain thrown by almost anyone. He is the best character, but not by a lot, I think any top tier character has a decent chance vs him except for Falcon and kind of Ice Climbers, although he is really easy to tech chase with ICs and if he DIs down and gets clipped with anything he dies at like 30% so its a pretty tough match up both directions.

Also to anyone that thinks ANY character is easy at the level we are playing at currently is wrong, I don't care how technical you are or what character you play, you have to be damn careful 100% of the time with your spacing and movement and mindgames to do well. Of course some people just aren't experienced enough or haven't hit the minimum tech skill barrier to beat Foxes that mindlessly nair them, but a lot of Oregon aren't those people anymore, and soon enough I don't think that will work on anyone.

Oh and someone mentioned a PR

I think it goes Gage then in no particular order

minh, ratking, jesse, myself

very closely followed by keeper, foos, johnny, and probably a bunch of other people whos names I don't know. Oh and anyone who watched the crews we did sunday should know that Yugo's ganon has some mad sexy combos.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Oh and anyone who watched the crews we did sunday should know that Yugo's ganon has some mad sexy combos.
While I love gloating about this moment haha, I think it's time I talked about why it was possible. It's kinda obvious Ratking had hella pressure, being the last one on the team and all that. I know for sure under any other circumstance that he would have not lost any stocks to Vox or Matt, and if he did lose any stocks, it would be like 2 stocks max.

On a more related note, this whole talk about fox being good kinda disgusts me. Yes, Fox is amazing, and so is Falco. But Binx brought up a good point. We are at too low a level at the moment so things like n-airing constantly work on us. I guess I shouldn't be saying "we" considering I have been trying my hardest not to play smash at all. I just think complaining that a character is really good when it's quite obvious that he is really freaking good is a little unnecessary.

JonnyW

Smash Ace

very closely followed by keeper, foos, johnny, and probably a bunch of other people whos names I don't know. Oh and anyone who watched the crews we did sunday should know that Yugo's ganon has some mad sexy combos.
I never get to play Gage and Minh never comes to tournaments as far as I can tell. We should MM binx

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Super foos!:cool:

cmin

Smash Ace

I dont think i'm that far up there binx, i've yet to play keeper and jonny and stuff. and foos should def be up there, he beats me consistently. But I guess PR is tricky business as its almost a game of rock paper skissors. I have an easy time beating you (no offense) but a harder time against others that you can beat. So just sayin we shouldn't be throwing out rankings like that, it could upset people that probably deserves to be higher than you rate them.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I think we should just make a PR and then we can change it from there. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate at this point and at the very least it will encourage people to improve.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Based on tournament results I should be first. If I'm actually first in the state I don't know. There are a few people in the state that I could lose to

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I am pretty into this idea. After listening to Ethan talk about it, I actually kinda was thinking of trying to learn some SF. It is between that or MvC3. I don't really have time or energy to learn both, and keep playing melee, but dabbling in another fighting game sounds like a lot of fun. Also trying to give Smash more cred sounds like a good idea. I can't say I would consistently show up on Fridays like I do wednesday. But I would be down on a week by week basis, to show up, if other people want to, or if I was missing a wednesday because work randomly scheduled me.

Also to anyone that thinks ANY character is easy at the level we are playing at currently is wrong, I don't care how technical you are or what character you play, you have to be damn careful 100% of the time with your spacing and movement and mindgames to do well. Of course some people just aren't experienced enough or haven't hit the minimum tech skill barrier to beat Foxes that mindlessly nair them, but a lot of Oregon aren't those people anymore, and soon enough I don't think that will work on anyone.
I like this. I feel bad supporting it, as I haven't have enough time to respond to keepers last post, like he asked me to. I still will, but this point is largely one aspect of what I have been trying to say.

While I love gloating about this moment haha, I think it's time I talked about why it was possible. It's kinda obvious Ratking had hella pressure, being the last one on the team and all that. I know for sure under any other circumstance that he would have not lost any stocks to Vox or Matt, and if he did lose any stocks, it would be like 2 stocks max.
Lol. Still was good ****ing ****. I also haven't played against you since like the first BB smashfest I went to. I honestly didn't expect you to beast on me like that. I thought I was playing Jesse's Ganon or something. It was ****ed up son.

I think we should just make a PR and then we can change it from there. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate at this point and at the very least it will encourage people to improve.
I am some place between this sentiment and minh's post prior to it. Ultimately it doesn't really matter though I guess, just play, have fun, get better.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Meta Knight gets banned by the URC and now everyone's hating on Fox. -.-

@Ratking
Between MvC3 and SSF4 I would probably say MvC3 is a good one to 'dabble' in since it's easier to pick up and do well in without having to invest a lot of time into. SSF4 is obviously the one with more 'rep' behind it, though.

keeper

Smash Champion
Binx, why haven't you beaten me yet? :<

I'm serious. You've never gotten a good chain grab on me when I know you can, which somehow leads to me always beating you in bracket. Kind of how I keep beating Foos by the smallest margin possible.

keeper

Smash Champion
I like this. I feel bad supporting it, as I haven't have enough time to respond to keepers last post, like he asked me to. I still will, but this point is largely one aspect of what I have been trying to say.
I get this, but my converse statement to it (not meant to challenge or contradict) is that after a certain point, don't you kind of just know all the characters and how to generally use them anyway? I do agree with what Binx said for the most part as well and respect that you at least plan to respond to what I said since I asked(thanks).

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
When I used sheik for the first time, it took me a few matches to be able to generally play her, but that doesn't mean that I'm actually good. Now think of learning a new character that actually takes tech skill to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom