• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Binx, why haven't you beaten me yet? :<

I'm serious. You've never gotten a good chain grab on me when I know you can, which somehow leads to me always beating you in bracket. Kind of how I keep beating Foos by the smallest margin possible.
I'll get you next time ^_^

I get too impatient vs you sometimes and everytime I get a grab I mess up my chain grab, I need to just spend an hour with a computer on a TV that isn't mine and learn the timing, the TV I practice on at home has a few frames of lag that ****s up my timing on some things but tightens them on others in tourney so its a double edged sword.

When I said very closely that's exactly what I meant, I think any of those people I mentioned could beat me it just sort of depends.

I really wanna hit up Genesis 3 if they do it this summer, I'll make sure to actually set aside enough money for it this time. I'm pretty sure my course load wont be too bad either.

Binx

Smash Master
I get this, but my converse statement to it (not meant to challenge or contradict) is that after a certain point, don't you kind of just know all the characters and how to generally use them anyway? I do agree with what Binx said for the most part as well and respect that you at least plan to respond to what I said since I asked(thanks).
At a certain point you know how to move and space pretty well, and since you play the game at a high enough level you know the general spacing of every character enough to avoid their attacks, which means you should know relatively how to space their attacks when using them as well.

However there are many nuances that separate great players from good players and very precise spacing is one of them. This is one of the reasons why my ICs do so well vs people like Jesse who even have dabbled in the character and have played the game forever, I just really know all of the subtle DIs and followups to different DIs you can only learn with a ton of dedication and experience. Just a note I'm not claiming to be great or a spacing wizard or anything, just saying that just because you know general spacing doesn't mean you can take that character as far as one you have more experience with just because it may be a better character.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh, so guys, I decided to play Melee when I had some spare time, only to find that my Memory card is missing. If anyone has seen a black one with a sharpie'd "M" on it (it might be faded or hard to see), let me know.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
shame, hopefully someone is there a bit early, we'll end up getting there 3-3:30. someone text me and tell me who to get a hold of when I'm there? haha here's to being lucky and not messing up =D

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
This is ridiculous. I've had to miss the entire last two months of smash 'things' because of work. >.< Does anyone want to smash next Tuesday/Wednesday? I need to play someone or else I'm going to continue to murder Level 1 CPUs. :p

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Sheik's one of the most technical characters when playing her at her highest capacity.
I'm just terrible at saying my point out loud. This is where my point was getting at: just because you can use a character at first doesn't mean you can use their tech skill at a proficient level. I was talking about fox specifically, but it can apply to any character.

wad, pika can be very technical. and to postman: Ness dittos today? I love ness =). I wanna go smash nowwwww w=/
Of course I know pika is technical.

I might be going to apex if I get a jobcareer in the next month. If not, then not a chance. And genesis is a biannual event, so the next one will be in 2013.

I'll probably be a bit late to best bout tonight. It's my dad's birthday and I'll probably end up spending dinner with the family.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
This is ridiculous. I've had to miss the entire last two months of smash 'things' because of work. >.< Does anyone want to smash next Tuesday/Wednesday? I need to play someone or else I'm going to continue to murder Level 1 CPUs. :p
There is always best bout wednesdays 5pm- like 1am

cmin

Smash Ace
I'll be there, but I'm busy on wednesdays til like 8pm so i'll show up later tonight.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys... Important talk time.
Absolutely no more free entry to **** because you will pay me back the next week or don't have the money. If you don't have the money: Go get some money.

People who owe us money:
Ratking - I'm pretty sure you're good for it.
Juce - I hear you're getting a job so you better be able to pay me back.
Cminh - You walked in late and then didn't give me money.
Tristen - Not 100% sure that he hasn't paid.
Surreal - I'm pretty sure we made an arrangement that you would pay me back for the week you walked in free.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Heh, I just realized I didn't pay this time because I was going to wait till other people paid so I could get change for my 20 and forgot. I'll pay you back next time for sure.

keeper

Smash Champion
I realized something today while feeling like poop all day.

I only have fun in teams based events for anything. I don't have fun playing 1v1 in SC2, just 2v2. TF2 is quickly becoming the most consistently fun multiplayer game I've played. Melee doubles has never enraged me in any way close to Melee singles.

I think I just won't enter serious singles events for awhile. People should come to me for practice friendlies though since I like playing off-character.
I guess I just need to find a good melee doubles partner or something.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Fun stuff today guys ^^. Wish I could make it to more of these, I feel like I can't play G&W anything compared to my old glory =c. Maybe I'll bring it back someday =o! Nothing wrong with paying at the door for these types of events honestly, if people aren't paying (i.e. if you give me a hamburger today, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday) then this is how he fixes it ^^. I like the new guys ^^. Come visit us sometime =o

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Seems to be getting to the point where it's gonna have to be pay at the door or don't come in :/
I was thinking about doing this. If you're not giving me your money immediately after walking in ther door, then I'm going to have to kick you out. Considering this is a place of business, I can't keep going "yeah, it's cool bro!" These nights have to be profitable for us to keep running them.

:phone:

:phone:

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, didn't show up yesterday because I'm mega sick :[ I have no idea what it is because it feels like both the flu and a sinus infection.

p.s. Happy Birthday Jeff!

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
@ Jesse: I got word 3 minutes ago that they will be open Friday. I think they don't open till 7 on Fridays though.

@ Wad: You're a baller though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom