• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I think I'll talk about...Metroid Prime 3.

Didn't Ridley do more walking in MP3? I know most of it was on four legs, (ofcourse, he would be bipedal in Brawl) but didn't he have a funky looking and yet somehow badass walk?

(By the way vesperview, did you not see the 'Member of club Ridley' icon in my sig? :laugh:)

Yeah, Ridley in Prime 3 mainly fights on all fours, but at some points he actually gets on two feet and walks around, so it proves Ridley is still quite maneuverable even when not flying.

BTW guys, it seems just about confirmed that Bowser just may be a boss in Subspace Emissary. One of the videos on Gametrailers caught a glimpse of the DK Duo meeting up with Bowser in the jungle. The actual video was just somebody viewing the entire event, but one of the screens definitely had Bowser being introduced in front of a cautious Diddy Kong.

If this is the case, than it really won't matter IF Ridley is a boss. He'll still have a chance at being playable. The only thing that can stop him now is if the developers got the bright (read: stupid) idea of inflating Ridley's size so that he's no longer plausible for a playable character.

Frankly, I think it's gonna happen. Bowser himself just seems larger than in Melee, so if Ridley was playable, he'd probably share Bowser's size (not girth or weight) and look like a big character.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
Yeah but that would be nearly impossible to impliment with what, 40 some-odd characters in the game. I agree it'd be an awesome idea, but a highly unlikely one.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Yeah but that would be nearly impossible to impliment with what, 40 some-odd characters in the game. I agree it'd be an awesome idea, but a highly unlikely one.
I do agree with you but only on franchises that have single reps without much of a background say the animal crossing rep ones like mario could be done easily....but yeah i agree
with you

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Meta Ridley?
He was too easy in MP3.
And much weaker than he was in MP1 (he had the Multi Missile System, Meson Bomb launcher, and what not in that game, which wasn't present in MP3).

He was still fun to fight though, and I like how they had him as an obstacle a couple times before facing him (when you go through that long Morph Ball tunnel on Norion).

Also,
Omega Ridley looked pretty hard but was actually the easiest of the 3 bosses in MP3.
By easiest of the 3 bosses, if you mean easiest of the 3 Phazon seed guardians, then I have to disagree. Mogenar may have been somewhat challenging at first, but nothing difficult really (especially since you don't have to destroy all 4 of the red orbs to do actual damage to him like most people thought. You just destroy 1 orb, target that exposed area in Hyper Mode, and a quarter of his health already gets taken down), and Helios was practically the easiest boss in the game for me once I knew what I was doing.

Sorry, but that small Thardus clone and the weird robot don't really compare to Omega Ridley. :p

Wasn't Mecha Rdiley the final boss in the one game it was in. (not Meta Ridley, Mecha Ridley)
Yeah. Zero Mission.

----

As for Anomilus' post/speculation, hmm. I can only hope he's right...

And to those responding to droshi13's post, if he's not going to provide an actual argument against Ridley or anything (which seems to be the case), I say ignore him and let him think what he wants. :ohwell:

raul

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Ridley in Brawl. Brawl needs all the bad guys you can get and who wouldn't love to play a verse match as Samus vs. Ridley. PLus I like the idea you can change his colors to green to make him look like a dinosaur or lizard...its funny.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley Prime loves collecting Quotes to add to his epic posts.
Um, thanks, I guess. Wasn't always like this though. :dizzy:

Hey guys, to stay on topic, what do you think was the easiest Ridley boss? (Aside from the Super Metroid beginning, cause that wasnt really a boss at all..)
Easiest? Zero Mission's Ridley, without question. With the cut-scenes they showed of him and his ship and what not, it seemed at first like he'd once again prove to be a very tough opponent (like in Super Metroid, and not the beginning part), but instead he turned out to be the exact opposite. Even in the 15% (or less) runthrough (to unlock endings 7 and 8 in Zero Mission), Ridley was still a disappointing boss fight, as his attacks proved easy to avoid (especially with that trick they added of not taking any damage when you duck right under him as he floats)...

I'd love to see Ridley in Brawl. Brawl needs all the bad guys you can get and who wouldn't love to play a verse match as Samus vs. Ridley.
Or better yet, who wouldn't love to **** ZSS players using Ridley? :laugh:

PLus I like the idea you can change his colors to green to make him look like a dinosaur or lizard...its funny.
Yeah, but he practically is a bird/lizard hybrid (usually resembling a flying type of dinosaur), regardless of what his colors may be.

For some reason though, I'm only used to seeing big lizard creatures as green (Godzilla, Kraid, etc).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ridley Noob- "Gee Shade, what are we doing tonight?"

Shadenexus18 -"The same thing we do every night......HOPING FOR RIDLEY'S CONFIRMATION!!!"

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
If ridley is a character (which given his huge hype and popularity it's obvious) I doubt he'll be on the site until after february.

Either way, there's no way Nintendo would allow Sakurai not to put Ridley in the game. He's far to hyped and far to popular. This is the people's game, the ultimate fan service, no real reason to deny people like Dedede and Ridley their place as fighters. They are staple villains, and immensly popular characters in pretty popular series

we've seen Diddy, Ike, Lucas and Sonic, there's no denying a character of equal, if not greater popularity, will get in

Also hi RP :)

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
348 pages since I was last here? good job...NOT, youll need to give up all that RIDLEY TALK bruh

nuff said

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People people people! This is about Ridley, not trying to satisfy your dominance over each other.....with mere trash talk.
It got boring anyway, he gots nothing but talk...and it's not very good at that

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Son, i'd SLAY you if I ever saw you on a busy street. WATCH YOURSELF! Back on topic, yeah Ridley is total wack, I cant see him in brawl at all to be honest.
You got series problems...I suggest seeing a psychologist and working out your issues. Were you abused as a child?

...I almost feel sorry for you

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ridley's a gonner. You see that all the bosses have life bars in the recent videos yes? And we have that Ridely BOSS Music correct? Ridely is going to be a Boss character. When characters have life bars like that i'm sorry to say but there is just no way ridely is going to be playable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley's a gonner. You see that all the bosses have life bars in the recent videos yes? And we have that Ridely BOSS Music correct? Ridely is going to be a Boss character. When characters have life bars like that i'm sorry to say but there is just no way ridely is going to be playable.
Half of your arguement has been debunked and half makes no sense at all

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
QTF!!!!! nuff said.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
... Wow its like you cant even read the first post. And correct me if I'm worn but isn't Bowser, G-Dorf, Meta-knight and De X3 bosses as well?

O yhea and Derek~Joe try seeing someone about your anger issues... your not very bright anyway are you?

Caael

Smash Lord
Son, i'd SLAY you if I ever saw you on a busy street. WATCH YOURSELF! Back on topic, yeah Ridley is total wack, I cant see him in brawl at all to be honest.
This guy is great! That post made me genuinely laugh out loud.

I drew a Santa ridley today. Then ghost Ridley on halloween, then fairy Ridley, and Summer Ridley.

You actually think i'd do work in class?

Edit: Lego, remove Kokichi from the haters list

Kokichi on the first page said:
PS: If it means anything, I want Ridley for Brawl as well :p And, with the Charizard being playable, I think another dragon-like character is definitely possible
And gypsy, you barstool, you didn't put my gorgeous stage in with the post. But I like who edited my target test. I guess I should finish the board the platforms I started ages ago....nah.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow have you seen the new SE videos!? They are amazing! and the bad guys are pretty much confirmed to be working against us now.

Anyways lets go back to the age old issue of Ridley's role in the SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom