• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ha ha XD Sonic fans get the worst alt costumes ever!

And good eye whoever posted the eye.

NOW RIDLEY 4 TEH BROOOLZ!

Rex+

Smash Ace
Someone that was at E for All said Dark Samus was an alt. costume for Samus.
That leaves Ridley as the only one left to rep Metroid.
Ooooh yes.
Ridley's been growing on me lately. First, I was like, "Ridley? No way." then the more I thought about him, the more excited and reasonable I became. Now, I definitely want this guy to be in Brawl.
Welcome me with open arms. Ridley for Brawl!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Ooooh yes.
Ridley's been growing on me lately. First, I was like, "Ridley? No way." then the more I thought about him, the more excited and reasonable I became. Now, I definitely want this guy to be in Brawl.
Welcome me with open arms. Ridley for Brawl!
That's exactly how I felt.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow!Its not like all the previous evidence about the Metroid series in Brawl pointed at there being no Prime stuff at all! and its not like the Japanese (Which Sakurai cares about several hundred more times than the rest of us) hates the Prime series... o, No... wait! YES IT IS!!

Seriously this isn't Wiseguy's Brawl prediction thread stop flaming.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
^ ^

Ridley for Brawl.

But how did they confirm Ridley? Are we saying he's in, or as good as in?
That he's as good as in, but there seems to have been no official confirmation about him yet.

Sakurai had to release the news Ridley was in or the combined awesomeness from him and Ridley would make him explode.
Exploding from his awesomeness AND Ridley's? Now that's just overrating Sakurai. :p

Someone that was at E for All said Dark Samus was an alt. costume for Samus.
That leaves Ridley as the only one left to rep Metroid.
Is that 'someone' certain he/she didn't get Dark Samus mixed up with Samus' Phazon Suit?

And too bad wolf was de-confirmed.
Jumping to conclusions.

Ha ha XD Sonic fans get the worst alt costumes ever!
I have to agree.

Different shades of blue? Lame...

Edit: Oh and Samus' Fusion Suit is in brawl
Yes. We know.

If Ridley fit your playing style, would you main him?
I know I would.
I would, even if he didn't fit my playing style.

Mewtwo for instance (who was like nerfed to the max in Melee) may have not fit my playing style at first, but with him being one of my favorite Ninty characters (and favorite Pokemon), I trained myself to get used to him, and became pretty good with him over time (yeah. I realize he's a bottom tier character in Melee as opposed to being top tier in the Pokemon games, but I tend to stick playing as my favorites through thick and through thin).

Rex+

Smash Ace
I would, even if he didn't fit my playing style.
Mewtwo for instance (who was like nerfed to the max in Melee) may have not fit my playing style at first, but with him being one of my favorite Ninty characters (and favorite Pokemon), I trained myself to get used to him, and became pretty good with him over time (yeah. I realize he's a bottom tier character in Melee as opposed to being top tier in the Pokemon games, but I tend to stick playing as my favorites through thick and through thin).
I, myself, would not play one of my favorite characters if I could not get them to fit me.
Mewtwo was one of my favorites as well, but since I was a speedy player (Fox/Marth user here), I just gave up 'cause he didn't fit my playing style.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Good news prime because Mewtwo is likely going to get overpowered in this, same as Bowser XD

And also he cant be nerfed because he didn't appear in the previous smash... just say he was low tier.

Rid fo Mother ****ing Brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't it transvestite Diddy and not a Dixie costume though?

RWB

Smash Ace
I think Ridley will be in, even if I'm not that much of a supporter. The chance of him not being playable is abysmal as well.

However, don't be too sure. Nothing is true until Sakurai says so.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
I am not doubting the fact that fox has a wolf costume...but the vid doesnt prove it because hes wearing his normal costume...look at his face in the corner, its the normal fur and the normal green..thing instead of grey fur/ eye patch.

and there faces down there do change with the characters color if you dont beleive me, look at peach or meta knights faces on the bottom on different vids.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Wait, from what I heard it was a DARK SUIT with Red Visors... I'm thinking the Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2.

I gotta examine information again, but I definitely did not see anybody mention Dark Samus, as in phazon-hungry Dark Samus...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We determined it is more like the Phazon suit from MP1 rather than anything from the shoddy-at-best Prime2.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
anyway...think of the epic-ness of ridley in brawl!

samus vs ridley at norfair....awesome music in backgroud...pro rules( and 2 insanealicious pro smashes playing as samus and ridley) smash ball only item...I shudder at the thought of it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cool news on Samus. finally some form of Prime recognition.

bu Ridley will be playable. i can feel it. maybe tomorrow as a confirmation? hey, if he doesn't show up at E for All as an AT, and we have those types of suits for Samus (very similar to Dark Samus, keyword SIMILAR), it's a pretty safe bet he's in.

Got to go to school now!

Ridley for Brawl

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok So far, Wolf seems to be deconfirmed(****!!!!!!)

Samus has a new Black costume(**** Yes)

Bowser looks like he is top tier now(****ING **** YEEEAH!!!!)

Bottom line, i don't know if i'm happy, angry or depressed, **** you Sakurai, like really **** you, die and go die in hell.(yeah die, then die again in hell).

Darn it, not my wolfie. snifle.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You haven't been keeping track of the videos? Bowser is Ownage incarnated, peach and Fox have been nerfed, Ike is Slow and yet he manages to Pwn everything in his path, this game is ULTIMATE WIN!. Also, Subspace emmisary video in Gametrailers, Dk and Diddy. And one of Pit.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I, myself, would not play one of my favorite characters if I could not get them to fit me.
Mewtwo was one of my favorites as well, but since I was a speedy player (Fox/Marth user here), I just gave up 'cause he didn't fit my playing style.
Hmm. I see. That's understandable too.
Of course, it's not like Mewtwo was the only character I played as a lot in Melee :p (in fact, I didn't really have a "#1 main" in Melee, as it pretty much ranged from Mewtwo, to Captain Falcon, to good old Fox. For me anyway).

Good news prime because Mewtwo is likely going to get overpowered in this, same as Bowser XD
Yeah. After reading that post by silversh4d0w (about the first-hand impression from those in Oregon who played the demo), I became excited about playing as Bowser now more than ever, and figured that Mewtwo would probably get the same treatment if he returns.

And also he cant be nerfed because he didn't appear in the previous smash... just say he was low tier.
Well, alright then.

Guess I should've elaborated more on the nerfing part. In Mewtwo's case, his speed and weight wasn't what they should've been in Melee (those stats were significantly lower than they were in the Pokemon games he originated from). In one of the Pokedex entries (from what I remember), it even said Mewtwo weighs somewhere over 200 pounds, yet he was treated as a light-weight in Melee. He's also one of the fastest characters in the games he originates from (with much higher speed than Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff, anyway), yet in Melee, his speed was lower than all those of those pipsqueaks.
Pretty contradicting, yes?

Still, I'm having high hopes for him in Brawl now (assuming he returns) because of what you pointed out about Bowser. :) Him and Mewtwo sucking in the Smash universe will just be a thing in the past. :p

And Ridley for top tier!

I aint jumping to no conclusions, Prime. Wolf is Fox's alt costume. It was confirmed in an E for All vid
From what I read off of silversh4d0w's post (about the first-hand impression from those in Oregon who played the demo), it was a Star Wolf outfit that was an alternate costume for Fox, not Wolf himself.
Star Wolf is the name of the team. Wolf O' Donnel is the name of the leader of the team.

If they were trying to imply Wolf O' Donnel was an alt costume, wouldn't they have just said "Wolf is one of Fox's alts" instead of "Fox has a starwolf outfit" ? (I'm not trying to cling onto lost hope or anything. Just going by what I've read in the post about this news)

Furthermore, does this alt costume of Fox actually have grey hair/fur and what not?

It's hard to see it, but Fox is wearing a Wolf costume. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZsxnQiCyo

Which is why I said LMAO, PsychoI.
I couldn't really see it... What part/time in the video is it shown?

On a side note, kinda ironic that the ones playing/testing the demo are all girls.

Wait, from what I heard it was a DARK SUIT with Red Visors... I'm thinking the Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2.

I gotta examine information again, but I definitely did not see anybody mention Dark Samus, as in phazon-hungry Dark Samus...
As mentioned before, Dark Samus never had a red visor.

Ah...that "Dark" suit. Yes, and it has red visors as well. Makes sense now.

BTW I liked Prime 2...moreso than Prime 1. :grin:
So... Is it really the Phazon Suit from MP1 or the Dark Suit from MP2 that Samus has as an alt costume? :confused:

Bottom line, i don't know if i'm happy, angry or depressed, **** you Sakurai, like really **** you, die and go die in hell.(yeah die, then die again in hell).

Darn it, not my wolfie. snifle.

Bowser is top tier? Since when? o_o
Not officially. It was just presumed by Brawl demo players that he'll probably be top tier this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom