• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
*wakes up*

You guys are Scary... so who owns Prime 3 now? Is Ridley awesome as always?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Prime 3 has ridley, so as long as ur post of prime 3 has ANYTHING ridley related then were on topic, not our fault u despise the great prime saga...
Not my fault or your fault that Prime sucks.

And if you think I'm the only one who doesn't like the games: http://metroid.homestead.com/

Prime is a great game series, but not a great Metroid series. In fact, it's a horrible transition from 2D to 3D. Darn you Miyamoto for interfering with Retro's initial plans to make it a 2D sidescroller! Darn you!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're the minority. Also... Prime doesn't ave the speed booster... hmmm that would be cool.

Stryks

Smash Hero
... They never planed to make a 2d side scrollers, 1st screens were a 3rd person view adventure game, but mad eit 1st person...

Prime is a great series, and keeping it 2d on such advance platforms would have been kinda ********, while the 2ds are good for handhelds...

mp1 is one of the greatest games ever made, and is THE best on the GC, so i dont know where ur getting the suck part, sinc eit had everything a metroid game had (not mp2, mp1) metroids, space pirates, ridley, small corridors that feels claustrophobic and the alien feel of past metroids, only diference: 1st person view...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Stryks wins. Also, RyuDragonthing post spoilers, if the other read it it's their fault, I wanna know everything. ALL!.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
... They never planed to make a 2d side scrollers, 1st screens were a 3rd person view adventure game, but mad eit 1st person...

Prime is a great series, and keeping it 2d on such advance platforms would have been kinda ********, while the 2ds are good for handhelds...

mp1 is one of the greatest games ever made, and is THE best on the GC, so i dont know where ur getting the suck part, sinc eit had everything a metroid game had (not mp2, mp1) metroids, space pirates, ridley, small corridors that feels claustrophobic and the alien feel of past metroids, only diference: 1st person view...
No, it was originally planned to be 2D, but Miyamoto interfered and sort of took over (through PMs) and suggested it be in 3D. The plan was scrapped, and they started over, keeping the whole thing under wraps.

And no, if you read the site, it isn't anywhere near the same as the past Metroids. How dare you even compare the two like that. Saying they're the same as far as music, atmosphere and gameplay goes? Hell no. And like I said, it was a great game, but not a good Metroid game. READ WHAT I SAID BEFORE YOU RESPOND. YOU ALWAYS TAKE WHAT I SAY OUT OF CONTEXT STRYKS.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Gypsy, your making all that Crap out, the only thing that changed was that it was going to be a 3rd person shooter, besides Fusion was already on production when Prime was announced, why have 2 2d new games?

And considering that Prime is a carbon copy from Super Metroid... yeah i guess it's the same, considering that Magmoor cavern's Music is Ridley's Lair Music from Super Metroid, etc etc.

But it's the same ****ing atmosphere.

Stryks

Smash Hero
No, it was originally planned to be 2D, but Miyamoto interfered and sort of took over (through PMs) and suggested it be in 3D. The plan was scrapped, and they started over, keeping the whole thing under wraps.

And no, if you read the site, it isn't anywhere near the same as the past Metroids. How dare you even compare the two like that. Saying they're the same as far as music, atmosphere and gameplay goes? Hell no. And like I said, it was a great game, but not a good Metroid game. READ WHAT I SAID BEFORE YOU RESPOND. YOU ALWAYS TAKE WHAT I SAY OUT OF CONTEXT STRYKS.
Thats why I said it had almost all the metroid properties, cause u said it wasnt a good metroid game jeesh...

Watch the metroid retrospective on gametrailers, it says clearly the game was planned to be 3rd person, then miyamoto said 1st person, dont take MY word for it, they KNOW what theyre talking about...

MP1 had similair if not identical soundtracks to super metroid, the most noticable one was magmoor caverns, it had the music from the lava part of SM...
and it was one good metroid game, it had the atmosphere, the feel being in a unknown planet, with creatures attacking from every corner, and the alien feel, like I said it had so many moments that u felt claustrophobic just like in past metroids...

have u even TRIED to play the game FULLY? Bozon from IGNB said he never liked FPS and didnt try it, but played a demo of MP3 and got hooked on the prime saga, saying its absolutely awesome...

prime is AWESOME...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
@Gypsy, your making all that Crap out, the only thing that changed was that it was going to be a 3rd person shooter, besides Fusion was already on production when Prime was announced, why have 2 2d new games?

And considering that Prime is a carbon copy from Super Metroid... yeah i guess it's the same, considering that Magmoor cavern's Music is Ridley's Lair Music from Super Metroid, etc etc.

But it's the same ****ing atmosphere.
Too easy to point out what's wrong there, besides, you'll just argue out of ignorance no matter what I say. Anywho, let me try to find you the link.

[edit]

And Prime sucks.

Shuma

Smash Hero
And Gypsy, Dark Samus is not a Filler Villain, he/she/it is the main villan of the PRIME Series, get over it.

Edit:

Find the link, and i'll trust you, unless it's a Prime Hate fan site.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Source? All I've never heard anything about Prime originally being 2D. I've only heard that it was originally 3rd-person.

And no, if you read the site, it isn't anywhere near the same as the past Metroids. How dare you even compare the two like that.
Actually, Prime is a great Metroid game. Aren't opinions fun? Retro did a fantastic job at bringing the core Metroid gameplay into 3D. That site brings up a bunch of little details that miss the big picture. Retro set out to create a 3D Metroid game, not Super Metroid in 3D. Retro could have implemented every single move that Samus had in Super Metroid, but it just wouldn't have been fun. Just because something works well in 2D doesn't mean it will work well in 3D.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like how he hasn't posted the so called Link :p.

Also, Of Course Prime is an awesome Metroid Game, at least it expanded upon the storyline.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Crap. I can't find it. I honestly don't remember where I originally got it from, as it was a long time ago, but the gist of it was that Retro took the job of making a new Metroid game. They didn't know where to go next with the series, and they were originally planning on a sidescrolling 2D/3D sequel to Super Metroid. Then, the head of Retro wanted/suggested/forced/ it to be a 3rd person 3D adventure game. So, they started on it, but early into construction of the game, the head guy left. Miyamoto personally oversaw the design and made suggestions and things through e mail. He told them to make it first person. So, they scrapped it and started what is the Prime as we know it. Most of this was kept under wraps until a few years ago.

And, as much as I love arguing with you guys, your ignorance to the 2D Metroids angers me, and makes me not want to debate with you anymore. So, keep talking about your crap games, and I'll go back to making sigs. As that seems like the only thing I'm good for. The only reason I'm doing this is cause I love Ridley. **** you all. Especially Shuma for being a big fat douche.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Prime 3 did a great job of reinventing the series, in my humble opinion. I liked Prime 1 and 2, but they were a bit boring, enviroment-wise. In Prime 3 the controls are totally easy to pull off. Perfect.

@ Gypsy: What Metroid games DO you like, in that case?

Edit: nvm, I just read ur post up there. But why do you hate Prime? The 2d games were good, and I'm sure Dread will be great, but why hate on Prime?

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
No it doesnt, its the 1st mission, and all the videos talked about where:

Trailer
Aurora Unit
PED suit
Dark samus
Valhalla
Bolded

That's what he was talking about...

You said there wasn't a video about it, yet you put the name of the video in your post...

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Prime is awesome, though it isn't like the original, and i hope they make ore side scrolling ones as well as more 3d ones.
Some say it's good and some say it's bad, so I'll buy the game to find out.

PS: The ZM Ridley is probably the model they will be using for Brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Seriously Gypsy i lol at that Mr. Inmaturity.

"I can't fidn the link BUT you're all wrong the prime games suck 'cause i say so, so STFU". Seriously WTF?

Also, Coming from a guy that thinks the Zelda franchise is ****, then i think you're terribly wrong. Prime was ALWAYS intended since the beggining to be a 3rd person shooter, it changed to a 1st person Shooter that's all.

And i love how you ignored my earlier post about:

Oh, i just whant to say something, Gypsy, Remember when i told you that Blue Ridley was still Meta-Ridley and you insulted me 'cause i was wrong?

Go figure... i found proof.

And what Ignorance on the 2d games? no one has sayd that they're **** or anything, you're the only one here screaming that Prime is crap.

Funny, i unlike you manage to find proof to back up my claims.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Prime 3 did a great job of reinventing the series, in my humble opinion. I liked Prime 1 and 2, but they were a bit boring, enviroment-wise. In Prime 3 the controls are totally easy to pull off. Perfect.

@ Gypsy: What Metroid games DO you like, in that case?

Edit: nvm, I just read ur post up there. But why do you hate Prime? The 2d games were good, and I'm sure Dread will be great, but why hate on Prime?
It's not so much that I hate Prime (I simply don't think it captured what Metroid was all about) but that others' ignorance to the other games, which are far better all around. Say you're a Zelda fan who didn't think Wind Waker was a good Zelda game or didn't do a good job at expanding the story or whatever. And all you heard on this site were noobs saying how awesome the games are, and that nothing from OoT should even be in the game. Say that they even say that Link should ditch his realistic look for the cel shaded model. At first you'd be like "Alright, they have their opinion. I know better than that. Let noobs be noobs."

Then, after about four or five months of it, you finally snap. That's me right there. I try to get a hold of myself, and then someone bring it up again. Practically begging for a flaming. But, some don't respect my opinion, but then call me an ***hole when I voice mine. It just frosts my *** is all. I know that the 2D games are better for a fact. I know that Prime was good, but didn't capture the essence of the 2D games that made them so good. I'll stop now, just don't prompt me again guys. I'm starting to hate myself a little for flaming you and angering you. I just want my opinion respected is all. :(

@Shuma

In the original video presented at last year's E3, it didn't say Meta Ridley on it. My mistake for not going back and watching the video again before correcting you.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know Gypsy, as far as i remember, everyone has debated with you about the Prime Games, if i have flamed you it's because YOU have flamed me for saying that Prime is a sucky game, you keep your opinion and i'll keep mine.

But when you start to say stuff like "the Prime games suck so STFU" yeah... you deserve to be flamed.

Arteen

Smash Lord
And, as much as I love arguing with you guys, your ignorance to the 2D Metroids angers me, and makes me not want to debate with you anymore.
Ignorance? I've played every Metroid other than II, Hunters, and Pinball. I love Super Metroid. I love Metroid Prime. Metroid Prime may not be Super Metroid in 3D, but it still captures the core feel of Metroid. Metroid Prime is to Super Metroid as Super Mario 64 is to Super Mario World. There are so many differences between SM64 and SMW, but SM64 still captured the core elements that define a Mario game. Both Prime and 64 showed that their respective series could make a successful translation into the third dimension, even if all the details necessarily changed.

I know that the 2D games are better for a fact.
Be wary when stating opinions as facts.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Forgiveness???

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

; puppyeyes :

[edit]

And Arteen, I'm not talking about you guys. I'm talking about other members here on SWF. I'm done. I'm finished arguing. I just want to forgive and forget and move on please.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just to back Gypsy up... I did read that Metroid Prime was originally shown as a 2D side scroller like the originals. It was shown at a Space World I think? I think I even remember there being a photo of it somewhere...

Ridley for Brawl.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well.. I can say I like the 2D ones better because its straight forward and has some advanced techiniques :D

The 3d ones... I didn't like the controls and it felt weird. I have to play MP3 to really give an opinion on that one, the controls look like they're easy and it could be a bomb game.

Meta Ridley looks pretty good..

-Onyx

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Ok, can we plz stop flaming each other? Gypsy's as good as apologized, and I'm getting tired of teh SPAM. No flaming. Flaming bad. Flaming will get this thread closed, and noone wants that.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sorry Gypsy, Anonymous does not forgive. Just kidding. I apologize for flaming you.

But, i think now i remember what you're talking about, but you're wrong, back before Fusion and Prime where announced Nintendo sayd that there was a 2d Metroid game on production(Fusion) wich was codenamed just Metroid 4, but then after releasing some pics, of Metroid IV they also announced Prime, 'cause they whanted to make a new Metroid and Shigeru Miyamoto helped.

Maybe you just misunderstood this statement by nintendo, since Prime IIRC was announced first, maybe you though they changed it to a FPS.

Or if you mean something else... then i do not know WTF you're talking about.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Just to back Gypsy up... I did read that Metroid Prime was originally shown as a 2D side scroller like the originals. It was shown at a Space World I think? I think I even remember there being a photo of it somewhere...

Ridley for Brawl.
actually, the first pics were in third person mode. when they introduced the Gamecube at Spaceworld 2000, they had trailers for upcoming games (Luigi's Mansion, Mario 128, Zelda) and they had Metroid, but it was in third person, like everyone has been saying

well, voice my opinion on Prime 3...it's a badass game. only an hour and a half in and i love it. controls are good, graphics are great, and the first boss with Ridley...INTENSE!!
it was badass flying down that shaft blasting away at ridley! it was awesome when he grabbed you and you fired away. and it was cool before hand when you were in a morphball tunnel outside and Ridley attacked you. fired small plasma beams out of his mouth, and pecked at you like a bird!

if i had more time, i'd play more and tell you guys, but i got to go to a class soon

ridley for brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Man sounds awesome.. Can't afford the game though ><

How did he look from the actual full quality of your TV instead of some screenshot?

-Onyx

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
whoa this this thread is almost at 100 page, anyway MP3 is awesome, I think I'll go play the part where
Samus encounters Ridley and the after that Ridley goes where Samus is standing and all of a sudden gets into the fight with him, it's a prety intense battle, but I'm still tring to beat the crap out of him which by the way happens to be hard

I need a Wii god damm it.
seriously, you are really missing out on some great games, you should get it at least before Brawl releases, which btw happens to be almost exactly 3 months away

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yep i know... i need Twilight Princess and Prime 3. I... Need... More... MONEY!.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Remember my RidleyPodproject for ceramics?

Shut up, clay is hard to work with.. And its supposed to look like a seed too.. Though if I really wanted to make Ridley it would look ugly as well.

*Waves R.I.D.L.E.Y. Flag*

-Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom