• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I will update the ones once Gypsy has finished their banners... so expect it in one of the next few updates.

Sleeping quarters next ; ) *Drinks mother beer*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley would just bite his Knee off and then beat him to death with it... (After he set it on fire of course).

Seriously you guys got any good bed sprites?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Anyone know how to get the first part I need to make the bomb to blow up the shield on Elysia? Help a fellow Ridley follower out.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Because Sakurai hates you, that's why.
Yeah, not a good enough answer. I am simply asking why you think he'll be confirmed Nov. 12, that's all. I'm not saying he WON'T be confirmed then or sooner or not at all, I'm just wondering why.
O-Kay then...

http://toadscastle.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=242&sid=38d15f89acbfb2fe13df3d486de7e86e

His name on this particular site is "PoisonToad", and HE claims that Ridley is better off as a boss.
^

THIS GUY IS SAYING RIDLEY SUCKS AND HE WON'T BE IN BRAWL!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ridley's gonna be officially confirmed!!

...On November 12th.
Ludicrous! He's going to be confirmed either tonight or tomorrow night bro!! It's going to happen! Just you wait! It's not going to be Captain Olimar, it's not going to be another pokemon, it's gonna be Ridley! Count on it!

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Ludicrous! He's going to be confirmed either tonight or tomorrow night bro!! It's going to happen! Just you wait! It's not going to be Captain Olimar, it's not going to be another pokemon, it's gonna be Ridley! Count on it!
Yeah i think Friday's update WILL be Ridley.
After a week of crappy updates, they drop a bombshell announcing Ridley.
And maybe the Gliding update was a hint.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah i think Friday's update WILL be Ridley.
After a week of crappy updates, they drop a bombshell announcing Ridley.
And maybe the Gliding update was a hint.
That's exactly what I was thinking! You took the words right out of my mouth! It's just gotta be his week! Come on now, MP3 was released this week and Ridley has come out of his retirement home revamped! So yeah they gotta make him pull double duty and come on home to Brawl where he belongs! As a playable character!

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
Good arguement on Ridley being in Brawl, but the Andross Assist Trophy update pretty much blew it so far out of the water it's in lower Earth's orbit. Frankly, Ridley has a better chance to be an Assist Trophy or a Subspace Emissary boss. But stranger things have happened.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea because Andross obviously had a chance to be playable /sarcasm

Seriously why would this be strange? and no he has a MUCH higher chance of being playable than those.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Good arguement on Ridley being in Brawl, but the Andross Assist Trophy update pretty much blew it so far out of the water it's in lower Earth's orbit. Frankly, Ridley has a better chance to be an Assist Trophy or a Subspace Emissary boss. But stranger things have happened.
Is your sig, "JtHM"?

Anyway; You make a compelling counter arguement.

However; Could you really see Andross as a PC? Andross is the equivelant (in my opinion) of a "Master Hand" type character. Ridley has more options available to him than Andross did.

Who knows? Maybe 64< Andross will be around. :shrug:

I don't have any doubts about Ridley being a PC. ^ ^

Dr. Strangekoopa

Smash Cadet
I'm not getting my hopes up...
I'm in your camp, dude. I would not be surprised if he wasn't announced this week. Or even next week... Maybe not even the week after that... ? Good lord- What if they forgot to put him in the game? What if in all of their haste they have neglected to include Ridley, even though the memo they got last month clearly said "U GUYZ GET WURKING ON RILDEY 4 teh BRAUL- Sakurai"? OH GOD- We have to go back for him!!! Turn back Sakurai, turn back! AAAAAAARGH!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
However; Could you really see Andross as a PC? Andross is the equivelant (in my opinion) of a "Master Hand" type character. Ridley has more options available to him than Andross did.

I don't have any doubts about Ridley being a PC. ^ ^
^^ I thought that since day one for Andross 64.

And o yea of little faith.....of course Ridley will be a playable character! It's his birthright!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Somebody fetch me the catapult im heading to japan *gets shot out of a catapult*... *starts heading towards a mountain* **** i didn't quit think this thr-WHAM

But i doubt he will be revealed tomorrow doesn't feel like a new character week... maybe an old one at best.

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
Personally, I have my doubts about Ridley. I couldn't see Andross being a PC, no, but Andross is just as important a boss as Ridley is, AND he's a recurring boss. It's with that ammo in hand that I enter the battlefield.

I have nothing against Ridley, really. I don't. I like him just as much as the next guy, but personally, I can't see him being a playable character. It would be better to devote a level or two to him in Adventure Mode and give him his spotlight.

Also, yes, ODIN. JtHM.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But if Andross was actually able to physically be a PC would you say he has a chance? i **** hell would.

And Sakurai wants more Metroid characters... more flying characters... more villains and only 1 character fills that spot Ridley plus seeing how the Metroid franchise is much more important,deserving and better than the Star fox one i would say that Ridley is more important than Andross as a whole.

And even in game IMO Ridley is more important than Andross is.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Personally, I have my doubts about Ridley. I couldn't see Andross being a PC, no, but Andross is just as important a boss as Ridley is, AND he's a recurring boss. It's with that ammo in hand that I enter the battlefield.

I have nothing against Ridley, really. I don't. I like him just as much as the next guy, but personally, I can't see him being a playable character. It would be better to devote a level or two to him in Adventure Mode and give him his spotlight.
The fact that you even compare Andross to Ridley makes the wild, rabid fanboy in me to leap out and flame you. But, I promised the others that I wouldn't do that anymore..

By your logic, Ganondorf, Bowser, and Mewtwo should all be bosses and not playable. Bosses are going to be for characters that would normally be ATs, but since they are villains, they can play a small role in story mode. Read the first page of all of the debunked arguments before you take this up with us.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
But i doubt he will be revealed tomorrow doesn't feel like a new character week... maybe an old one at best.
We've gottena character update every week so far. Why not tomorrow?

Also, yes, ODIN. JtHM.
I JtHM. It's been too long since I read it.

I'm sure he;ll find his way into adventure/classic mode, but I still think he'll be a PC. :)

And Lo, O D I N descended upon his fellow Ridley supporters and said...

""2000th posts *****ES!!!!!"":chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom