• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Besides i really whant to see if Nintendo can make a more impresive character, i mean, Dark Samus Failed since Ridley is still beter.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How about Yeldir thats a good name for a villain.

And it could be a er... Robot Ninja.

(Note even though Ridley would be dead he would find someway to sap through the void and into the world again... a bit like Ganondorf : P)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yep... And i really whant to find who's the Big boss of the Pirates, i mean we all know Ridley serves a higher power.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey who thinks the Galactic federation are working with the Space pirates? i forgot where i read it but there was this really interesting theory.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
zomg idk, Ridley is making clones that take years to develop. But are born with flaws which is why all the forms are different and have to be modified.

The true Ridley is like 9000x better.

Is this still on topic?

-Onyx

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I mean.. this is supposed to be talking about his reasons to be in Brawl and what he might be, or how he would look. What are we going on about now?

-Onyx

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We would talk about Ridley related things and at the end of it evaluate if these things would help him get into brawl... at least you cant say we are off topic.

e.g.

Ridley has a jazillion eye balls

This wont help him get into brawl because it is not true.

Shuma

Smash Hero
we're... hmmm discussin if by dying he would appear in a next smash bros.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Why is this on the Second Page?
Its good to see a No-Spam revival of the Ridley Discussion, Makes our discussion less crowded. Now onto Ridley...

I've been going threw a few FS's in my head, and I think I got one. Remember when you beat Ridley in Super Metroid durring that first part? He Flys away and then comes tward the screen from the background? Picture that doing a whole lot of Damage in Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=37757464

^^^ orgin of the below post

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Giga Raver:

I'd like to just point out something. While not fact or anything, it is understandable for people to be saying that Petey Pirahna's being a boss decreases Ridley's chances of being playable...due to the size issue.

While I don't condone the size issue regarding character playability, I'm more receptive to the size issue regarding characters' roles in their own games. Petey is a big character in the game he's in, and Ridley is a pretty big character in the game he is.

(I'd like to note though that both characters have experienced shifting sizes throughout their game appearances; Ridley's size hasn't exactly been consistent, and Petey Pirahna has appeared much smaller in the game Mario Kart: Double Dash.)

Having said all of this, I'd like to bring to the table not only Petey Pirahna's Game Mode update... not only the music update concerning Ridley...but both at the same time.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music03.html

Let's note some things:

- Sakurai makes notice of Ridley's existence within the series he comes from.
- Sakurai mentions Ridley's role in the series he's in.
- While not really as important, the Metroid Logo exists within this update (of course though it's regarding the actual music, not just Ridley himself)

Now I'm not here to argue the relevance of this music. That's for another topic (and I've already explained my side on that issue in other topics).

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamem...a/modea04.html

Now compared to update that:

- Sakurai makes no mention of Petey Pirahna's existence within the series he comes from.
- Sakurai fails to even mention what game Petey Pirahna originates from.
- More important than the 3rd point I typed above regarding Ridley... this update bears no Mushroom Icon.

It seems Petey's sole reason for being in Brawl is to be a boss...an element of this Subspace Emissary Adventure Story...and nothing more. I think THAT...if anything is the true reason why we won't be seeing Petey as a playable character.

Now as for Ridley, he IS referenced by Sakurai. So far it doesn't seem to be that Sakurai is treading lightly around his existence. More importantly, he has his own theme. He seems pretty darn important enough to merit this treatment, compared to Petey Pirahna; the poor mutated plant looks nice and intimidating, but he's been ripped from his roots (no pun intended) and plugged into this game in a role that does nothing to represent himself or the series he comes from. He's a pawn.

Will Ridley suffer the same fate? I'm gonna go on a whim and say...no he won't. What does this mean for Ridley's chances then? I won't say that what I'm posting means a whole lot. It's just something to think about.

It seems those who would become boss-only are bound to be cut from their roots and planted into this game as mere tools. I think it would be kind of strange if, after being honored with getting an upgraded theme and being recognized properly by Sakurai himself, he simply became another part of the adventure...existing only as another piece of a story that has little to do with his true history.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very rare of Gamefaqs.. What do you think of it?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yep... And i really whant to find who's the Big boss of the Pirates, i mean we all know Ridley serves a higher power.
The Space Pirates are working for the Galactic Federation. Ridley takes orders from the GF senate. It was kind of given away that the GF was working with the Pirates in Fusion. The GF kept that Metroid cell culture and used it to clone the Metroids and bring the species from extinction. Also, Ridley's body was frozen and kept in that storage room. They were probably doing experiments with his DNA and producing clones and what not, so don't expect Ridley to be done just yet. The supposed story for Dread is that the she has both the GF and the SP after her and she must infiltrate their planet or base of operations and destroy the facility. It's theorized that the GF is using the SP for their own needs or to help improve the galaxy's economy/status. So yeah, major plot twist there. And that is why the 2D Metroids are awesome and Prime blows ***.

RDK

Smash Hero
@Kirby Knight

You found that at Gamefaqs? That's kind of hard to belive. Nonetheless--

To me, the Ridley size argument is completely ridiculous. As was posted above, Petey Piranha's size has shifted multiple times (in Sunshine he's a hulking beast, while in Double Dash and Superstar Baseball he's big, but not that big). Think also of Pikachu and Kirby--they're supposed to be smaller than portrayed in Smash Bros. The same thing could be done easily with Ridley.

@Gyspy

Shuma said you don't like me.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

@Gyspy

Shuma said you don't like me.
Nevermind. It was some things you said/called me when I first joined the site. I was but a helpless noob who fell to you flaming and I kind of had a thing against you ever since. But, I don't care anymore because I realize how annoying I was being at the time and I deserved it. That, and I was really ticked off at the time I said that. I really got over it, so no, I don't hate you. And you probably don't remember because I became a premie soon after and had my username changed.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nevermind. It was some things you said/called me when I first joined the site. I was but a helpless noob who fell to you flaming and I kind of had a thing against you ever since. But, I don't care anymore because I realize how annoying I was being at the time and I deserved it. That, and I was really ticked off at the time I said that. I really got over it, so no, I don't hate you. And you probably don't remember because I became a premie soon after and had my username changed.
Lol, okay. Yeah, I don't even remember that. It must have been a long time ago. What was your username?

I'm all for Ridley's FS for him to just take flight and decimate anything that gets in his way.
What about that amazing beam-cannon thing in that sig that ODIN made? That looks pretty cool.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Ridley needs to shoop da whoop with a final shmash being a lazrbeam. I hope ridley is next mondays update diddy was so disapointing.

RDK

Smash Hero
Diddy disappointing? How so? We needed a rep from the DK franchise. Would you have rather had Dixie, or K. Rool?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
no id rather it be diddy i suppose but i saw the CHALLENGER APROACHES of whatever and it was a character that i dont care about at all from a game series i dont particularly like.

RDK

Smash Hero
Gypsy's right.

Anyone have any preferences to what Ridley's appearance will be? Like the colors, the various forms to choose from, etc.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Default: Purple
Red: Blood Red
Green: Spring Green (lol)
Blue: Blood Blue
Other: Blood'd

lol

RDK

Smash Hero
How about an entirely white Ridley <(O.o)>
"Jesus" Ridley, lol.

I'd like to see just the regular purple Ridley. Maybe his diffrent forms can be his alternate costumes.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
even though meta ridley is pretty sick, i'd still love to see the original ridley in over meta......(meta as an alternitive is perfect) i just keep wanting him in more and more!!! ^^
(i REALLY hope he doesn't get Petey's fate, Ridley is like 9999 times better)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mm purple, my favorite color.. Purple.

Though some of the other Ridleys look kinda cool I'd want an original un modded version.

-Onyx

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Did anyone see the new MP3 art for Ridley in the newest Nintendo Power? He looks more badass than ever. MP3 Ridley for Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom