• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
What you just did there is definetely not a good way to make a lot of friends on this forum. In fact, the only way you could've made a worse impression is if you would have gone around to all the threads and posted Mudkips and nudie pics a million times.
why did you have to bring that guy up?my eyes are STILL recovering from that spamfest(that put my spam to shame).

on topic:ridley tonight

i feel it.

Dark Mule

Smash Rookie
You sir deserve a Ridley cookie.

Platnum, I expect Ridley to. Sakurai has given us bad updates for almost 2 weeks and I've seen enough.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I am expecting Ridley tonight but the last 4 updates have taught me not to get my hpes to high. On the plus side tomorrow is Friday and Sakurai might want to close the week with a bang.

Dark Mule

Smash Rookie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Now I need something to actually do. Is there anyway I can help with anything?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
happy late birthday platnum :), mine was last last sunday, 11/4,
and don't get ur hopes high on ridley 4 tonight, sakurai is putting posts at random i suspect,
Ridley has a 1/137 chance every day, but i'm just guessing at the amount of updates left...
still, ridley for tonight!! :chuckle:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LOL!, why bother?, Ridly inevitable dies anyways, especially to Pulseman who is electrical based, and elec is super-effective against the flying dirtbag. :p

And we all know Pulseman is more likely to be playable than that flying newt.
Club R.I.D.L.E.Y, do your stuff. Head over to the "Pulseman for Brawl" thread and own up on Alpha n00b.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...good point, Psycho. Ah, well. Would've been hilarious to see a whole bunch of people run his *** off of the boards again.

Ridley for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
wat is it with noobs going on other character threads to slander them,
i'm tired of hearing lucario is way better then ridley,
we get it, ur a Dip **** :smiliegor

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
^Okay, you should be able to make an account again on RIDLEY.
'k. Will do. :)

And cheesy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, you think that.
It's not what I think. It's what I know. =)

Really though. How was the 70's fight between them not cheesy? In the battle itself, the special effects were pretty horrible, the sound effects were laughably bad (especially when they made those "keya!" sounds), etc.

Bruce Lee wouldn't
Heh. You speak as though you knew him... Chances are though, you were still sucking your thumb as a baby around the time (or after) Bruce was still alive, so you really know little to nothing of what he would or wouldn't do.

degrade himself
Whether someone is paid by the director to 'win' or 'lose' in a scene, acting is still just acting. Nothing more (and they still get paid good money in the end regardless). There's nothing degrading about that...

I personally wouldn't give a crap if Bruce Lee or anyone had decided to play the role of a bad guy for a change like Chuck did (seems Way of the Dragon was the only movie where he was ever a villain anyhow), as it wouldn't change my view about the person as a whole. Still just a movie.

to losing to such a pathetic foe.
There's nothing pathetic about Chuck.

Uh, yes there is. There's something very very very VERY wrong with it's acting. It's grossly terrible.
Alright. What is this "something" that's wrong with his acting, then? Enlighten me.

Your point? Bruce Lee would've kicked his *** in real life anyway.
We really don't know if the outcome would've been the same as when they fought/acted in Way of the Dragon, and we obviously will never know, so there's no use in making claims like that. :ohwell:
Could've, would've, should've...

Chuck Norris even admitted that himself, that Bruce Lee is stronger than he ever could be.
I don't seem to recall that, so whatever.

And even if it is true, doesn't really mean Chuck fails or sucks as a whole. Like ~Krystal~ said earlier, pretty much any man (who were to act as the bad guy in Way of the Dragon) would've lost against Bruce Lee that day.

So that explains why his action films were bland and were bombs, huh?
You really like claiming your opinions as facts and what not don't you?

Anyway, I didn't get anymore of an enjoyment out of watching Bruce Lee's action films than I did Chuck Norris's. Both had their ups and downs, but seemed to be pretty much be equally as good overall, and as far as I'm concerned, even if Bruce was actually stronger than Chuck at the time, that alone didn't make him a better actor or anything. They were very much the same in regards to acting.

Although he did have a mildly successful TV show that appeals to rednecks, but that's about it.
[/stereotype]

I used to watch his show a lot during the 90's when I was younger, but I'm no redneck.

Their terrible acting and ****ty movies say enough.
About them as people? Far from the contrary, and Bruce Lee's acting wasn't any better.

Actually, Chuck Norris literally tried to follow in the footsteps of Bruce Lee as a successful martial artist and try to become a successful actor and action hero. The thing is, unlike Bruce Lee, he failed miserably.
If that were true, Chuck wouldn't have half (or even 1/4) of the fame he has today. He'd be "just another karate guy out there who hardly anyone knows", but he's shown himself to be much more than that.

And if Bruce Lee's so great, why is it that the only time he's ever talked about nowadays is when someone happens to bring up the Chuck Norris fad? Although some people like you say Bruce was the best and all that, most of ya'll don't really mean it. You just use Bruce's name as a "fad killer" for whenever the Chuck Norris fad is brought up, and that's really about it.
I don't think that's how Bruce Lee would've wanted you guys to remember him by >_>...

Anyway I came here to support Ridley. I first saw him in the melee intro and he has been tied for my favorite video game character since, tied with Yoshi.
Heh. You must really have a thing for dinosaur/lizard characters then. Nice...

Done. Oh an nice work on the Corruption summary Ridley_Prime.
Thanks. Seems the summary still hasn't been added to the 1st post yet, but I'll be looking forward to when it does.

on topic:ridley tonight

i feel it.
I feel a disturbance in the force.

Platnum, I expect Ridley to. Sakurai has given us bad updates for almost 2 weeks and I've seen enough.
Then prepare to most likely be disappointed yet again...

I am expecting Ridley tonight but the last 4 updates have taught me not to get my hpes to high. On the plus side tomorrow is Friday and Sakurai might want to close the week with a bang.
Or... Sakurai might want to close the week with a bomb. A stink bomb that is...

i'm tired of hearing lucario is way better then ridley
Meh. I don't hear that often, though as far as Lucario goes, I do get tired of people using or wanting him just as a "Mewtwo replacement". First it was Deoxys people wanted to replace Mewtwo with, and now Lucario...

As for saying Lucario's way better than Ridley, you could never be farther from the truth with that statement. Lucario's a part steel-type Pokemon. Ridley can breathe teh fire!!!1 (one of steel's major weaknesses), so Ridley would curbstomp Lucario without much effort.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
yeah, i used the lucario thing as an example, and what a coincidence, i got into an argument yesterday about
him vs mewtwo in d/p, with lucario winning......
BULL ****, :p
i just don't like the stupid arguers,ETC., who tink dey know all

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>.>;

Tch. Ignore Luke, Prime. He couldn't even tell his *** from a hole in the ground.

As for the whole Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris thing, well...Bruce Lee wasn't exactly a great actor nor were his films box office smashes. He was renowned for being a spectacular martial artist and for revolutionizing action films forevermore. Pretty hefty reputation; you have to give him that much. However, Chuck Norris's movies fared better than Lee's ever did---not by a substantial margin, mind you---and that "mildly" successful show of Norris's that Luke mentioned went on for a good, uh---let's see---eight years. That's eight seasons, which is better than what most sitcoms do nowadays (they're lucky to survive even two seasons, let alone eight). Lee probably would've been noticed and would've probably done better than Norris if his marketing campaign didn't suck. It seems that he ascertained most of his attention via post-death renown. A shame, really, but facts are facts.

That's my two cents.

At any rate, I'm predicting that Ridley will be revealed on Monday. Sakurai is gonna close this week out with a whimper; I can sense it.

Smooth Criminal

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
****, i forgot about the chance of a crappy update,
THE APOCALAPSE STADS BEFORE US......blah,blah,blah,
hope tonights is ridley, but won't be disapointed if it isn't, unless its REALLY crappy

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Man there are so much more pages every time I come in here. A lot more than when I would check every what.. 30 mins?

All in all I should have come and seen what has been going on sooner since its all lost in the pages now. New updates mean new theories on how Ridley will be in no?

-Onyx

Shuma

Smash Hero
Platnum:

Don't over use smileys, 2-5 words and a million of smilies aren't a good post.

Onyx:

Where have you been? a cofin? i hea they're quite confortable.

Also, late as always but:

When you say get stronger do you mean his attacks do more damge and knockback or does he recover damage.
More Damage, but nore more Knockback.

Also, Yeah Chuck Norris does suck, well the Meme and internet praise do.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
R.I.D.L.E.Y.

:rocket::chainsaw::burst::ouch::rocket::chain:bigrocket:teleportg::psycho:hainsaw:saw:

:psycho:sakusuck
Weren't you asking the other day for a good definition of spam? I think you've got one now. Anyway Ridley should be next week to make up for this incredibly "meh" week.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Hmph, I liked the update. Plus I wonder where this coin system came from, which means we may have a smash shop, which means an awesome feature.
I remember being really bored once, and I put a tournament where the winner of the 26 charas would go against the winner of the next 26 charas. All CPU on level five. So it's not as if I can't enjoy watching battles.
... Turned out Luigi vs. Luigi btw. >_>

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
yeah, i used the lucario thing as an example, and what a coincidence, i got into an argument yesterday about
him vs mewtwo in d/p, with lucario winning......
The Mewtwo that was being used sucked then.

Any good Mewtwo (with godly special attack and great speed, which he lacked in Melee :p) can take down a Lucario easily with moves like Thunderbolt, Flamethrower (if not Fire Blast), and what not...

In simple terms of course, as cool as Lucario might be (as a character in general), he's still no match for the likes of Mewtwo or Ridley.

>.>;

Tch. Ignore Luke, Prime. He couldn't even tell his *** from a hole in the ground.
Heh. Yeah...

I was thinking about ignoring him right after submitting that last post of mine, and with what you said there, I'm convinced that I should, so I guess I will. :p

As for the whole Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris thing, well...Bruce Lee wasn't exactly a great actor nor were his films box office smashes. He was renowned for being a spectacular martial artist and for revolutionizing action films forevermore. Pretty hefty reputation; you have to give him that much. However, Chuck Norris's movies fared better than Lee's ever did---not by a substantial margin, mind you---and that "mildly" successful show of Norris's that Luke mentioned went on for a good, uh---let's see---eight years. That's eight seasons, which is better than what most sitcoms do nowadays (they're lucky to survive even two seasons, let alone eight). Lee probably would've been noticed and would've probably done better than Norris if his marketing campaign didn't suck. It seems that he ascertained most of his attention via post-death renown. A shame, really, but facts are facts.

That's my two cents.
Yeah. I can't help but feel sorry for Bruce in that regard (about that last part)...

But other than that, you made great points in that paragraph there. Well said. :)

Sakurai is gonna close this week out with a whimper; I can sense it.
Heh. That's what I was thinkin' before as well, and it seems we were right...

Ironic though, with there being an entire week of mediocre updates right after Ridley's stage is confirmed. :ohwell:

Man there are so much more pages every time I come in here. A lot more than when I would check every what.. 30 mins?

All in all I should have come and seen what has been going on sooner since its all lost in the pages now. New updates mean new theories on how Ridley will be in no?

-Onyx
OMG It's you. :eek: Welcome back!

Anyhow, yeah. That's basically what it means (about the last thing you said, and yeah. I realize that's a rhetorical question).

I don't think we'll be getting any more characters in a while.
Well, that would be the worst-case scenario...

Plus I wonder where this coin system came from, which means we may have a smash shop, which means an awesome feature.
Hmm. True (possibly). Never thought about that...

Wreked

Smash Lord
Lawl.
And I'll continue to say he's one of the last characters revealed until he is.
I say he will be in the middle. He was high on the polls, and all newcomers except one were on it. So Sakurai knows we want Ridley, so I don't see why he won't reveal him pretty early.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I say he will be in the middle. He was high on the polls, and all newcomers except one were on it. So Sakurai knows we want Ridley, so I don't see why he won't reveal him pretty early.
Sakurai seems to reveal villains later on, and I think he's trying to stretch it out between the most requested characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom